2006/2007 Hockey Season Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God, Hasek's a fag... Kiprusoff and Luongo were being demolished by players head-on and neither man lost his cool. I mean, sure, Calgary sent in McLennan to make a statement, but Kiprusoff didn't do it.

Hasek gets a player poking at a puck that he just covered up, and he fucking loses it.

Personally, I think that Hasek is highly overrated as a goalie, especially these days. When he started, he was overrated, but still very good... now, he's just a prick who wants a Cup before he leaves. I guarantee that when he gets one, he'll leave. He played Ottawa for fools after that experiment didn't work, and then returned to Detroit...

I really hate Dominick Hasek... I hope someone bowls through him before this series is over so that he actually has a reason to be mad.

...Hasek already has a cup. More then one, actually.

...but he had one on his way out. He retired the year following a cup win in Detroit.

I think Hasek just can't stay away from the game of hockey. I don't think he is making a gigantic sum of money this year, I think he is just playing to prove that he still can play at an elite level.

I don't think he has got over the whole 2001 Brett Hull in the crease thing.

Or he just plays with a lot of emotion. Ed Belfour is a lot like that too, you get too close to him and he is not afraid to show you the lumber.

Edited by desiredtoe

*heart still beating rapidly*

That Sabres/Rangers game yesterday was one of the most heart-attack-inducing, amazing games I've ever seen. I was fortunate enough to get tickets, and I couldn't hear myself think when Drury scored with 7 seconds left.

You are a lucky, lucky man to be able to see that game in person.

If it goes to Ottawa and Buffalo, that'll probably be a 6 or 7 game series, both teams like to play with a run and gun offence. I think Buffalo would have a harder time winning as while they have a far deeper line-up they don't have much grit, and the Sens leaving out Spezza, Heatley and Alfreddsson who while are great 2 way players, lack y'know, balls, but beyond them the Sens have a line up of talented, maybe not-as, but talented players who will also bump and grind.

If it's the Rangers and the Sens, Sens in 5.

I'm curious, is this like previous years where all of Canada is getting behind the last team reamining? I remember everyone became Flames fans in 04. Or is the Ottawa-Toronto rivalry so big that most Leafs fans don't care who makes it out of the East?