2006/2007 Hockey Season Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so happy right now. Glad to see Alfredsson get the game winning goal. Now I wait for my Stanley Cup finals tickets. Probably wouldn't have a chance at tickets if it wasn't for my friend's dad being a season ticket holder. I am hyped and can't wait.

Guest Grapehead

Wow, Ottawa has had a full plate this playoffs. First the best forward, Sidney Crosby.. then the best goalie, Martin Brodeur... then arguably the "best team" in the regular season... next up one or two of the top three defenseman.

Also, Gabriel, shut your damn mouth. Buffalo dug their own grave and it was on special teams, 2 for 29 is PATHETIC! There's no excuse for being the highest scoring team and "best team" and going 2 for 29 on the powerplay. There were weak calls on both sides of the puck, and missed calls on both sides of the puck... and no amount of "controversy" will make ANY Ottawa fan feel cheap about going to the Stanley Cup finals for the first time.

Edited by Grapehead

As a Leafs fan...although I can't believe I'm saying this...but GO SENS GO!! (Hey, at least they didn't beat the leafs in the playoffs........yet :pinch: )

You Sens fans are so lucky, I wish I can feel what you guys are feeling soon....anyway I will never forgive Buffalo's theatrics when Leafs missed the playoffs last year, and although it was one player doing the "golf" shot at the end of the game, he's still part of the team.

Wow, Ottawa has had a full plate this playoffs. First the best forward, Sidney Crosby.. then the best goalie, Martin Brodeur... then arguably the "best team" in the regular season... next up one or two of the top three defenseman.

Also, Gabriel, shut your damn mouth. Buffalo dug their own grave and it was on special teams, 2 for 29 is PATHETIC! There's no excuse for being the highest scoring team and "best team" and going 2 for 29 on the powerplay. There were weak calls on both sides of the puck, and missed calls on both sides of the puck... and no amount of "controversy" will make ANY Ottawa fan feel cheap about going to the Stanley Cup finals for the first time.

That last goal summed up how Buffalo played all playoffs. Absolutely shit. And the first two Ottawa goals should have been penalties but no way Ottawa should have had such two easy goals so you can't blame them on that. I think Comrie thought quickly when he knocked the net off on that sure goal. Obviously Buffalo wasn't going to score on the powerplay but correct me if I'm wrong isn't that usually a penalty shot?

The way Ottawa is celebrating this win you'd almost think they'd have won the Cup already.

Edited by Clawson

Guest Grapehead

Buffalo didn't play "amazing" in game 4 and 5... they played better than games 1-3 but that isn't saying much. A team scoring a flukey tip in goal nine seconds into a game, and then almost blowing a 3-0 lead is NOT playing amazing. Playing a tight defensive game, before opening the scoring in front of your HOME CROWD and then blowing that is also NOT playing amazing. I really don't see why you think this series was decided by penalties, when Buffalo had just as much opportunity on the PP and just as many missed calls(from what I watched, who cares though really). Ottawa capatilized on their chances, whether the chance was created by a "missed call" or a "phantom call" they still capatilized in all the situations Buffalo didn't. I'm not trying to be defensive, it's just a little stupid to finally see your team do well and have some misinformed fellow tell you they won just cause of officiating? Get out of town man :)

With Buffalo out now, where do you see Drury and Briere next season?

Many people say they can't keep both, Darcy Regeir denies that. Do you see them in Buffalo next season, and if not both, who stays?

With Buffalo out now, where do you see Drury and Briere next season?

Many people say they can't keep both, Darcy Regeir denies that. Do you see them in Buffalo next season, and if not both, who stays?

I think that Buffalo will be able to keep one of them. I know that of the two, it is an incredibly hard decision to make. For me though, Drury is the captain material, the guy who can make a team, while Briere is just a fancy skilled player on a team full of them.

In a clutch situation, I'd rather have Chris Drury on the ice then Daniel Briere, even though both are great players and both are top line material.

If Washington is finally in the mode to spend money, I would like to see Briere end up there. That would be fun to watch, especially with Semin showing his skill and a lot of the younger guys on that team being pretty good in the third line checking role.

Edited by desiredtoe