2006/2007 Hockey Season Thread

Well I joined onto Clawson's fantasy league (which should have it's own fucking thread so I don't further myself looking retarded) which I'm hoping might give me some interest in the NHL again.

The two seasons before the lockout I was digging the NHL huge as I was from when I was a young, young lad growing up in Canada however since it's returned I couldn't give a fuck. I didn't bother watching a full game, no...a full period last year and I wasn't surprised much. However, not at least somewhat following the Hockey Night In Canada progress was a little shocking.

Hopefully I'll give a damn this year...I don't know what it is, but I just can't get into the NHL.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last season was one of my favorites to watch as a Leafs fan, and we didn't even make the playoffs! I think the changes they implemented in the new CBA definitly improve the game.

And Basha, whats wrong with Stajan love? He is a young player with some offensive upside who is useful on the penalty kill.

Well I joined onto Clawson's fantasy league (which should have it's own fucking thread so I don't further myself looking retarded) which I'm hoping might give me some interest in the NHL again.

The two seasons before the lockout I was digging the NHL huge as I was from when I was a young, young lad growing up in Canada however since it's returned I couldn't give a fuck. I didn't bother watching a full game, no...a full period last year and I wasn't surprised much. However, not at least somewhat following the Hockey Night In Canada progress was a little shocking.

Hopefully I'll give a damn this year...I don't know what it is, but I just can't get into the NHL.

Oh we riot over everything. And I'm not saying Stajan isn't a good addition to the Leafs, He's a good player, I just don't understand why he's hailed as a god and the future of the team.

Anyways, I blame that spat on CKN.

Latendresse was good in the training camp, but I don't think he was ready for the big time.

And it's too bad the Leafs aren't still in the Western confrence, I'd love to see a Habs, Leafs cup finals hook-up. But I suppose both teams are better off in the East, considering the fact that it's unlikely either team could survive the West.

Oh we riot over everything. And I'm not saying Stajan isn't a good addition to the Leafs, He's a good player, I just don't understand why he's hailed as a god and the future of the team.

Anyways, I blame that spat on CKN.

Latendresse was good in the training camp, but I don't think he was ready for the big time.

And it's too bad the Leafs aren't still in the Western confrence, I'd love to see a Habs, Leafs cup finals hook-up. But I suppose both teams are better off in the East, considering the fact that it's unlikely either team could survive the West.

I know I have never hailed Stajan as a god, but he is a great young player and, in the days of the salary cap, you have to keep your young talent instead of buying the already seasoned veterans.

Oh how I wish we could just go out and get Brian Leetch, Alexander Mogilny, Gary Roberts, Joe Nieuwendyk and Owen Nolan. Those were the days.....

Bwaha, my other fantasy hockey team kicks ass. I put AO at the top of my list and Gaborik and Iginla a little further down, so I end up with all three of them plus Brendan Shanahan and Brian Rolston playing forward for me. If I can just get some better goaltenders, I'm set - Legace and Emery do not spell a great season just yet for me.

Bwaha, my other fantasy hockey team kicks ass. I put AO at the top of my list and Gaborik and Iginla a little further down, so I end up with all three of them plus Brendan Shanahan and Brian Rolston playing forward for me. If I can just get some better goaltenders, I'm set - Legace and Emery do not spell a great season just yet for me.

Guest LdE1986

I know I have never hailed Stajan as a god, but he is a great young player and, in the days of the salary cap, you have to keep your young talent instead of buying the already seasoned veterans.

Oh how I wish we could just go out and get Brian Leetch, Alexander Mogilny, Gary Roberts, Joe Nieuwendyk and Owen Nolan. Those were the days.....

I think the Canucks still have a shot at the playoffs, but it will be rough. They might be able to sneak in as a late seed and make noise, depending on what they can afford to do during the year.

Overall, they have downgraded from last year in every area but one. And sometime, one is all you need.