Worst Way To Write Off A Character?

Draevyn

Beatnik didn't even get the right one for the worst Scrubs write-off. In the first episodes with Brenden Fraser, he has leukemia and they prepare you for his death really well...only to have the "lession learned" ending that every Scrubs episode has complete with Zach Braff saying something to the effect of "Oh, he got better" and that's it. It was like that South Park season finale where they setup all the cliffhangers and then tell you what happens next season right after.

Of course, his character finally got what was coming to him. :shifty:

Any time a character "moves to [Far Away Place X]" for seemingly no reason OTHER than the actor doesn't want to play him/her any more.

Joe Scully is acceptable, because he had to be fired for obvious reasons. But sometimes I get the feeling the conversation goes like this:

Actor: "I wanna quit after [Current Story Arc] is over"

Bloke In Charge Of Stuff: "kewl, np. wer do u want 2 move 2?"

Actor: "...Brazil!"

Sensible Person: "Why the fuck would anyone want to move to Brazil by themself when they have three kids and a job?"

BICOS: "stfu n00b1".

I still, to this day, don't completely understand the episode where Cordelia Chase dies on Angel.

You mean the episode in Season 5 right?

At the end of Season 4 they explain that's she's essentially brain dead anyway, but they'd do everything they could for her, so she's was a vegetable, as good as dead anyway. It's suppose to be the "Powers That Be" giving her a chance to 'get her guys back on track' because they've essentially played right into Wolfram and Hart's plans. So she comes back, explains to everyone that they're becoming what they've been against from the beginning, and she gets them back on track.

yeah so this is for movies, but screw that ..... a huge injustice was done to one of the most bad ass movie characters ever ...

BOBA FETT ! He's a freakin bad ass and was only made more so by the releasing of the ACTUAL first three star wars movies ...

How is he killed ?

A half-blind, trying to make a funny part in the movie Haan Solo bumps his jetpack which sends him flying into the side of Jabba's party barge. From there he falls into the Bantha .........

Absolute shit absolutely.

yeah so this is for movies, but screw that ..... a huge injustice was done to one of the most bad ass movie characters ever ...

BOBA FETT ! He's a freakin bad ass and was only made more so by the releasing of the ACTUAL first three star wars movies ...

How is he killed ?

A half-blind, trying to make a funny part in the movie Haan Solo bumps his jetpack which sends him flying into the side of Jabba's party barge. From there he falls into the Bantha .........

Absolute shit absolutely.

Sarlacc Pit. Bantha's are those huge wooly things.

He didn't really die. He's still alive about 30 years later in the novels

Edited by TMM

I agree with the way Tony Almeida got wrote off, I was incredibly annoyed he just got stabbed and then he died.

It just seemed so anti climatic how he just (a) gets stabbed in the hospital (b) a third of the way thru the season © with no silent ending and (d) with seemingly no badass plot around it. I mean, it was just so terrible how it was done. I mean, with Michelle we got a car bombing like whoa. With Palmer, we got this sudden assassination. And both them were right at the start of the year. With Edgar, it was like ... holy shit. And with Edgar, he was much more minor than Tony and got the silent treatment and ....

gah, I can go all day on this.

The old coma trick is pretty bothersome... and of course the whole, 'I am off to college bit,' chaps my ass... but if I had to pick a specific character send off rather than the stand by methods that irk me, I'd say the way they got rid of Minkis on Boy Meets World...

They didn't really. They just stopped showing him until like graduation, which offered the only redeemable payoff.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZegZiHbG59c

About two minutes in.