Reservoir Dogs

Guest usual suspect

Guest usual suspect

Anyone else got it? I just completed it after a two day marathon, the missions are abit repetetive in parts. It's only good because I'm a fan of the film I suppose. The added dialogue is very Tarantino-esque too which makes it all the more authentic.

Bastard, I was going to make this topic. I bought it this morning after only just realising it was out. I've only had a chance to play the first few missions, but I like it. I was disappointed that Madsen was the only one who lent his voice and likeness to the game, but Mr White isn't too bad. Mr Pink is awful, and Mr Orange looks ridiculous, but it's still pretty cool. Controls are pretty easy to get to grips with, and although the driving parts aren't quite up to scratch, I love them for the fact that you can listen to any of the Super Sounds of The Seventies at will, and the dialogue actually responds to your driving.

Having Michael Madsen stop in the middle of his hooker story to tell you to keep your fucking eyes on the road before continuing, was awesome.

Edited by Kaneanite

Whoa, add me to the list of people not knowing this game even existed. This sounds fucking awesome, is it a similar type of game to The Godfather or is it a bit different? I'm talking more along the lines of the control scheme, as opposed to taking over rival gangs shops.

Also, is there any free roaming in this game at all? Sorry one more question, what consoles are hosting it?

Apparently it only came out on Friday. Score >_>

They made a video game out of the movie?! Where have I been? So, I take it that it's a pretty good game as far as film adaptations go?

So far it seems pretty strict in respect to the real film. As I said, one of the bits I liked so far was driving as Mr Blue and listening to Mr Blonde tell a story while Super Sounds Of The Seventies plays in the background. I still haven't gotten any further, but it's pretty accurate from what I've seen. A few of the cutscenes are almost direct lifts from the film, with only a few bits of dialogue cut out, which is pretty cool too.

How much more does it add to the movie story?

You get a chance to play as every character in the film, apparently. So pretty much you find out what happened to Mr Blue, you find out exactly what Mr Blonde did in the shop, you do stuff as Nice Guy Eddie and so on. One of the levels I played was Mr Pink escaping with the diamonds, and it's basically an entire level made up between the point where he escapes, and where he jacks the car.

Whoa, add me to the list of people not knowing this game even existed. This sounds fucking awesome, is it a similar type of game to The Godfather or is it a bit different? I'm talking more along the lines of the control scheme, as opposed to taking over rival gangs shops.

Also, is there any free roaming in this game at all? Sorry one more question, what consoles are hosting it?

I've never played Godfather, so I don't know >_>

You have your basic controls for running, action buttons and shooting, but you can take a hostage and from there it changes a bit. When you're holding someone you can order cops and security guards to drop their guns, and if they refuse you can beat up the hostage until they do. Once they have if you target them you can pretty much control them with the analogue stick and force them to kneel against a wall or whatever. With a hostage you can beat them, kill them or perform a special type move, which forces everyone in the area to drop their weapons. There's a bullet-time mode but eh.

According to Gamefaqs, it's out on PS2, Xbox and PC.