Assassin's Creed

zero

Credit: IGN

September 1, 2006 - Ubisoft sent us word that Assassin's Creed, the next-gen title that wowed everyone and their mother at this year's E3, is indeed coming to Xbox 360. The latest news confirms what has been rumored for so long and comes hot on the heels of news earlier this week that the game would be coming to the PC. Assassin's Creed on Xbox 360 will be released to coincide with the Playstation 3 version in the first quarter of 2007. The title is being developed by Ubisoft's Montreal team, the same group that has put out gems such as Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

For those that haven't been following Assassin's Creed, we'll give a quick rundown of what you can expect. The game takes place in the year 1191 during the Third Crusade. The main character, Altair, is an assassin out to shape the course of history. Assassin's Creed is an action title with stealth elements, high flying acrobatics, and intense sword combat.

I think that I am going to pull at "what I did with second generation" and get the systems a year after their release, I hope the 360 drops in price soon, is there one in line?

Doubtful, they really don't need to with the PS3 at $600. Not to mention, they're practically shilling for Nintendo by saying you can buy a 360 and a Wii this holiday season for the same price as a PS3. Why bother dropping the price when they're still $200 less than their main competition?

This is indeed good news for the 360. This, PES6, SVR07 and Saint's Row (possibly Dead Rising) should tie me down for a while.

Buy Dead Rising! I seriously thought it was going to be nothing more than a rental, but turns out I was wrong. Controls are a bit clunky, but for a game that's strictly about zombies in a mall, it avoids getting repetitive, which was my biggest fear.