Official 2006 College Football Season Thread.

ROC

Last years OSU defense was better. They played better teams. Texas isn't the same without Vince Young, and Penn State isn't the same as last year either.

I'm starting to believe in Michigan though, although I really don't want to, they always have a let down.

Oh, and UCLA mother fuckas... back in the top 25, calling it now.

If Michigan is going to have a letdown, I'd say it'll happen when they play Michigan State. Not saying it will, but Michigan State is going to give them hell. State has a solid team right now, and are playing well against Notre Dame thus far. Plus the Wolverine/Spartan rivalry is so bitter and is usually one of the biggest games of the year for each team.

Wow, Notre Dame really sucks....can't really say i'm surprised though. They were overhyped coming into the season. Ohio State showed in the Fiesta Bowl that ND's defense is flawed, and they did nothing to improve it. So of course it still sucks...but the main thing im shocked about is Brady Quinn playing so poorly. He has gone from frontrunner for the Heisman and lock No.1 pick to not even in the discussion and NFL stock falling with each throw.

I was never really a fan, but officially fuck ND. This is the third week in a row they're going to fuck me, so fuck them. Each year there is a team that does this to me, and this year it's them.

Sure, this game is far from over (as ND just scored) but this kind of play is going to continue all year. Fuck the leps.

In northeastern football news...

- A guy from U New Hampshire now has tied the record for TDs. Jerry Rice is the other guy. Someone came out of left field huh?

- A D3 school (which I go to) beat up on another D1AA cupcake. Three games, three wins, two of the three are in the Metro Atlantic (MAC). I think if we jumped to 1AA, we'd win that damn conference. Even if we get plastered by Rowan next week.

He's obviously no match for Isiah Stanbach .....

although, I like the change to UCLA's unis

Oh, and someone that knows some D3, nice .... TLU baybay ! I played there, so I'm partial to the American Southwest Conference

Edited by HailtotheKing

Wow, Notre Dame really sucks....can't really say i'm surprised though. They were overhyped coming into the season. Ohio State showed in the Fiesta Bowl that ND's defense is flawed, and they did nothing to improve it. So of course it still sucks...but the main thing im shocked about is Brady Quinn playing so poorly. He has gone from frontrunner for the Heisman and lock No.1 pick to not even in the discussion and NFL stock falling with each throw.

I don't think that 5 tds and 1 int is all that bad.

You know that praise I gave to a certain Mr. Tiffin two weeks ago? Let's just say it's been taken away. God, I knew a screwup was due for Bama. Their schedule was too easy to simply pass through with ease. Meh, Shula should've done so much better with his strategy too. It's obvious this team is transitioning, but iwe're a bad team, don't let the 3-1 record deceive you. Bama is bad and sure Shula will make something out of it in the future, but, it's obvious the team needs to be better in the immediate future, because if we play this sloppy against Arkansas, just wait until the real games occur.

Everyone is underestimating Arkansas. They have the most experienced team in the NCAA in terms of returning starters. They've got 18 of them. That's amazing. The kids in Hogville know the deal, and they can play a little ball too. I really doubt they're done beating people this year. If McFadden had played in the USC game, it might have gone differently.

Everyone is underestimating Arkansas. They have the most experienced team in the NCAA in terms of returning starters. They've got 18 of them. That's amazing. The kids in Hogville know the deal, and they can play a little ball too. I really doubt they're done beating people this year. If McFadden had played in the USC game, it might have gone differently.

So...Alabama will need a miracle to stop the Gators today...so, good luck for us.

Woah, FSN did a cool thing with their coverage in that Missouri actually let them see their first eight plays and show what they'd do...and just so you know, it didn't make a difference because they went through all eight plays and scored on the Colorado Buffaloes. But it was cool. I like FSN doing unusual things to make their coverage stand out.

well, it looks like the Mich St bellyflop is coming early this year .... go Illinois

For being such a good coach, why does Charlie Weiss allow Walker (a back without great speed and agility) to continually try to go outside ?

How did BYU beat TCU ?

When ESPN has a blowout on both main channels, why do they only show 'bonus coverage' on one and stay with the blowout on the other ?

Why isn't Navy in the Big East ? (Army too for that matter) and add too that, why doesn't the Big East make ND become a football member as well, or take away their memebership in all other sports ?

Edited by HailtotheKing

ND wants the chance to play whoever they want and they make a ton of money while doing it since they dont have to split among other teams in their confrence since they arent in one. I am sure that if they took away their membership another confrence would just step right in and be alright with taking every sport then football because of the name recognition and all of ND.

OH, I know why ND does what it does with it's football program. It's smart, but it sucks for the Big East (and they don't need help in that department as we all know).

It isn't like they're powerhouses in anything else though. At least, not consitantly. The Big East gets shit all from having ND in its conference for every other sport. They aren't that strong of a program in the other sports to really use the name ND as leverage. Football absolutely, other sports no way. So the Big East should grow nuts and pull rank. Imagine, ND - WV - UL - instant BCS legit.

ND wants the chance to play whoever they want and they make a ton of money while doing it since they dont have to split among other teams in their confrence since they arent in one. I am sure that if they took away their membership another confrence would just step right in and be alright with taking every sport then football because of the name recognition and all of ND.