Official 2006 College Football Season Thread.

ROC

OSU is overated.

You do realize that when the season comes to an end OSU will have only played 2 ranked teams. Michigan and Texas.

Personally I fucking tired of seeing Boise State screwed over.

that and FSU is fucking pathetic. Bowden is done after this year, the boosters are already demanding his head on a silver plater. Not that it is all his fault. I would put most of the blame on Jeff....

OSU is overated.

You do realize that when the season comes to an end OSU will have only played 2 ranked teams. Michigan and Texas.

Personally I fucking tired of seeing Boise State screwed over.

that and FSU is fucking pathetic. Bowden is done after this year, the boosters are already demanding his head on a silver plater. Not that it is all his fault. I would put most of the blame on Jeff....

Why is Jeff Bowden still calling plays ?

Why do people think OSU is overrated ? Did they not see the entire season in which they went undefeated and won the National Title ? Are they just ignorant, or do they just like acting dumb as all fuck ?

Being an FSU fan this next question hurts to even ask, but being a realist and a college football fan I must ask:

Other than OSU and possibly Michigan, is there a better team than Florida at the moment ?

Are people really thinking that USC's loss to OrgSU means something other than the fact that three teams will be disappointed when it all settles and they are Pac10 champs .... again ?

Why do people have faith in Cal ? Or Org ? Or Ucla ? Or anyone NOT USC in the Pac10 ?

How funny was TTech's collapse against UT ? (really damned funny)

Who's the real deal, BC or WF ?

Does anyone actually realise that A&M has only one loss ?

Am I the only one taking Rutgers in the 3 team unbeaten race in the Big East ?

How many Big 10 fans are actually excited about the fact that INDIANA is a very possible bowl rep this year ?

Am I the only one that is actually paying attention to what Solich is doing at Ohio U ?

Does anyone remember when I said that Arkansas was good ? That they game with USC was absolutely NOT an indication of the team ? They'd keep beating people ? Anyone else realise that they are the only SEC team that has yet to lose a conf game ?

Anyone else notice that San Jose St is 5-2 and that Fresno St is 1-6 ?

Are people really thinking that USC's loss to OrgSU means something other than the fact that three teams will be disappointed when it all settles and they are Pac10 champs .... again ?

Why do people have faith in Cal ? Or Org ? Or Ucla ? Or anyone NOT USC in the Pac10 ?

Who's the real deal, BC or WF ?

Am I the only one taking Rutgers in the 3 team unbeaten race in the Big East ?

How many Big 10 fans are actually excited about the fact that INDIANA is a very possible bowl rep this year ?

1. USC will most likely win the Pac 10 again. They are a great team and the Pac-10 really has nothing else compared to them or national title contending. And I'll admit it, I'm know next to nothing about Oregon State but I will root for them.

The only way the Pac-10 rep will not be USC is if USC loses to Oregon. And probably once more on top of that.

2. Boston College, even though I don't like em. They will probably be really close to winning the ACC in the next couple years. I don't think they can actually pull it off though, the southern schools always just pull through in the end.

3. Rutgers is losing at least once. They might knock off Louisville or West Virginia, but I seriously doubt both. Look at their last game for example.

4. Indiana ... 5-4 ... lost to UConn. Yeah, they'll get a bowl. Somewhere around Dec. 28th sounds good. They don't deserve anything too special.

The BCS is a joke, period. Go back and look at the season when USC and Oklahoma played for the championship, then go look at who Oklahoma played and who Auburn played and the results of all those games and explain to me why its justifable that Oklahoma played for the title over Auburn. Auburn had a stronger schedule and more decisive victories.

And this is coming from a Tennessee fan who doesn't care much for Auburn.

The officiating has been particularly bad a few times this season. Oklahoma got screwed by bad officiating resulting in officials being suspended - something that doesn't happen often enough, in my opinion. The officiating in the Tennessee-South Carolina game was a bit suspect; I honestly think that when the refs threw a flag late in the game then waived it off they did it so they could stop the clock and give the Suckcocks more time. (There was a little over 1:30 left in the game and South Carolina had used all their time outs) Oh, and when the refs didn't call pass intereference on a Tennessee player at one point (which they should have; the replay showed he was) the fans started chanting bullshit and some of them threw trash on the field. Real classy fans they have there; just like the fans in Gainesville. (Incidentally, the refs called pass interference on the Vols earlier in the game when there clearly wasn't any and it helped lead to one of the SC's scores, so fuck the fans who chanted bullshit)

And will someone please go tell Oregon (or is it Oregon Sate? I forget) that ALL their new uniforms suck ass?

Louisville-West Virginia should be an interesting matchup, even though I don't really care who wins. I was watching Cold Pizza earlier and someone already simmed it using NCAA 07, with WV winning 34-31. I think it may be a close game, but not sure it'll be that high-scoring. I was thinking more like 28-24 or 28-21.

Boise State is 9-0 and ranked 14th? I'm guessing they either haven't played anyone of note or its just politics keeping them out of the top 10?

HailToTheKing, teams better than Florida besides Michigan and Ohio State? Notre Dame, for starters.

Edited by GhostMachine

I am not sold on ND and haven't been well .... ever really.

Leak has a better passer rating, doesn't get sacked as much, and averages more per attempt. The offense that Florida runs isn't straightforward like ND's and is a bit harder to defense. Florida has better athletes, but perhaps not better team players (credit to Weis).

As far as the schedule goes, it speaks for itself. UF has beaten Tenn, LSU, and were beaten by Auburn. While ND only lost to Mich, they've beaten Georgia Tech (which they shouldn't have) and that's really it. PSU, and Mich St have proven to suck. ND isn't really beating opponents that are that great. I'd throw the UGA team that Florida beat against any team other than Mich that ND has played. The only opponent of the remaining four for ND that isn't trash is USC. I bet they lose that one too.

Hell, ND's defense BLOWS <-- UF is 9th in total D against a good schedule, ND is 61st against trash.

I don't see how in any way, ND is better than UF.

Notre Dame sucks...if they didn't play teams like Army, Navy, Air Force, UNC, etc they would lose many more games...they will get blitzed in a BCS game again this year.

Edit-Meanwhile, Lousville and WVU are showing that both teams suck and arent legit top 5 teams...OSU would beat both by 20+

Edited by Mofoticon

Man I wish I got the Louisville-West Virginia game here. It looks like an exciting one. Brohm is putting up killer stats. The defense's are either not that good, or these two have stellar offenses. Imagine if Louisville still had Bush?

The BCS is a joke, period. Go back and look at the season when USC and Oklahoma played for the championship, then go look at who Oklahoma played and who Auburn played and the results of all those games and explain to me why its justifable that Oklahoma played for the title over Auburn. Auburn had a stronger schedule and more decisive victories.

Notre Dame sucks...if they didn't play teams like Army, Navy, Air Force, UNC, etc they would lose many more games...they will get blitzed in a BCS game again this year.

Edit-Meanwhile, Lousville and WVU are showing that both teams suck and arent legit top 5 teams...OSU would beat both by 20+

Please explain how they showed they sucked? This was a game with two high powered offenses which combined for over 1000 yards in total yards.

Lousville has one of the worst defenses you've seen all year ? Then you've only seen about ten teams play because they have (no longer I'm sure) the number 8 run defense. They're also in the top 25 overall, and WV is in the top 30 overall. Their defenses aren't bad at all, they just have offenses that are THAT good.

Louisville lost one of the best players in the game in Bush and haven't skipped a beat. They also lost Brohm for a period of time and it didn't phase them at all. They are a damned good TEAM.

I'd dare say that if Smith went down at OSU for the same period of time that Brohm did, they wouldn't be undefeated. As for Michigan, I still feel that they're overrated. Too many more times than not they've looked strong like this only to fumble late in the season. Besides, lately they haven't looked all that strong.

Lousville has one of the worst defenses you've seen all year ? Then you've only seen about ten teams play because they have (no longer I'm sure) the number 8 run defense. They're also in the top 25 overall, and WV is in the top 30 overall. Their defenses aren't bad at all, they just have offenses that are THAT good.

Louisville lost one of the best players in the game in Bush and haven't skipped a beat. They also lost Brohm for a period of time and it didn't phase them at all. They are a damned good TEAM.

I'd dare say that if Smith went down at OSU for the same period of time that Brohm did, they wouldn't be undefeated. As for Michigan, I still feel that they're overrated. Too many more times than not they've looked strong like this only to fumble late in the season. Besides, lately they haven't looked all that strong.

WV has played and beat 6-2 Maryland ... that's a quality win in my book.

As for Louisville, aside from Miami, they did just beat WV - the number one rated rushing offense in the nation. OH, and as for UL being one dimensional, you do realise that their rush offense is BETTER than their pass offense right ? (7r - 10p) .....

Just because you play teams that are 'trash' doesn't mean you have better stats. Just ask Virginia, they don't rank higher than 23 in any major offensive or defensive category and their schedule includes powerhouses NCst, NC, East Car, and Wyoming ......

They might not be able to hold OSU/UM under 35, but OSU/UM couldn't hold either under 21 (Going off me saying that they would still indeed win). In the NCAA you can not really compare two teams until they play because each game is different. I think UL is a better team than WVU because they do pass and run, and lets not forget they have lost Bush. WVU were basically a run run run team with Slaton and White. A good or above average defense would have been able to force them into a passing game like last night. UL on the other hand is multi-dimensional. You can't really base how good a team is on their opponents, and if you say no then what would people say about OSU when NC St. took them into overtime and almost upset them, or during that National Title year when they had numerous close calls. Some teams play to their opponents, or get caught looking ahead and it effects them. I don't think we'll see them play the game, so it's pointless to talk about because I believe Rutgers will beat them next Thursday and WVU will top Rutgers, making it hopefully UM/OSU II in Glendale.