Official 2006 College Football Season Thread.

ROC

Well, its not going to happen now, but if Michigan and Ohio State did meet in the National Championship game and Michigan won, then Ohio State would have no right to claim part of the title; you don't see teams who faced each other in the season meeting in Conference Championship games and being declared co-champs if the team that lost the season game wins the title game, now do you? ANY team who pulled that shit would only be co-champions in the minds of themselves and their fans and would look like idiots to everyone else. :thumbsdown: In fact, I'd be all for the NCAA airing a nationally televised show where the team claiming to be co-champs in that situation gets put in their place.

Frankly, I don't believe there's any justification for co-championships. If #1 and #2 don't play each other in the postseason and they both win, they should still be #1 and #2; if #1 loses and #2 wins, then #2 should move up and be the champions.

*edit, after reading a previous post I missed* And Boise State being undefeated doesn't mean shit. When they play a stronger schedule and go undefeated, THEN they *might* deserve a spot in the top 5. But look at their schedule this year; you can't honestly think they deserve to be ranked that high this season.

Edited by GhostMachine

Drew Weatherford is the worse than Chris Ricks. Honeslty the SOB can't throw a football to save his life.

USC and OSU will be a good game. ND vs Michigan will be a good game. Personally, Boise State is getting screwed. They are undefeated. I don't give a fuck what their schedule is. They went undefeated. They should atleast be ranked in the top 5.

Bullshit...they are lucky they are even going to be in the BCS....in the past few years they have played some average teams from BCS schools, and have lost every one of those games...So until they start beating some real teams, they will never be a national contendor.

Drew Weatherford is the worse than Chris Ricks. Honeslty the SOB can't throw a football to save his life.

USC and OSU will be a good game. ND vs Michigan will be a good game. Personally, Boise State is getting screwed. They are undefeated. I don't give a fuck what their schedule is. They went undefeated. They should atleast be ranked in the top 5.

Edited by ACCBiggz

In other news... Coaching Carousel:

Mark Dantonio (Cinncinnati HC/Ohio St. DC) takes over at Michigan State.

Brian Kelly (Central Michigan HC/Div II HC) takes over at Iowa State

Chuck Amato fired at North Carolina State.

Arizona State fires Head Coach Koetter.

ACC has two big jobs open, and NC St. seems to be eyeing Norm Chow early on.

Edit @ 6am, just for ROC.... Mike Shula has been fired @ Alabama.

Edited by ACCBiggz

As for Shula... damn. I just wish they would've done it earlier, maybe last Tuesday. This sense of insecurity surely can't be good for our potential recruits (especially since the guy recruiting them has been kicked).

But yeah, this has left a mixed handful of feelings on campus today. Most staff are saying that Shula was given the chance to fire his assistants, and he refused, so Mal Moore did the next best thing. I just hope Joe Kines is still at Bama in 2007. If not, I may just cry.

In other news... Coaching Carousel:

Mark Dantonio (Cinncinnati HC/Ohio St. DC) takes over at Michigan State.

Brian Kelly (Central Michigan HC/Div II HC) takes over at Iowa State

Chuck Amato fired at North Carolina State.

Arizona State fires Head Coach Koetter.

ACC has two big jobs open, and NC St. seems to be eyeing Norm Chow early on.

Edit @ 6am, just for ROC.... Mike Shula has been fired @ Alabama.

Edited by Assassin

With an opening at N.C. State and a dismal season for the Steelers, one has to wonder whether former linebacker and Raleigh resident Bill Cowher will take the job. Surely he'll be the first choice, the question is whether he accepts it. I expect him to sit on the offer for awhile to where he's either the guy who has to take the job to assure N.C. State doesn't end up with the worst possible candidate for the job.

And Spurrier accpeted the Bama job? Not a surprise, he would never be able to build a powerhouse in South Carolina. Clemson, yes, USC, no.

The best hire has already been made.

Butch Davis is now head coach at North Carolina. Tar Heel Football = ACC Champs within 5 years. Write .... it .... down.

I'm curious as to who the hell North Texas thinks they're going to get to take over the program there. Dickey made NT football at least not a laughing stock (yes, this and last year have been horrid). He's been able to do a better job than guys at Troy/USF/FAU in terms of building a program after coming up from 1-AA. Good luck NT.

Amato needs to go back to FSU .......... now.

Miami should hire Jackie Sherrill .............. >_> ..... that would so own.

I honestly feel that Spurrier will stay at SC .... because you CAN win there. Just ask Lou Holtz.

Yeah, Spurrier is denying everything. I just hope he pulls a Franchione and calls South Carolina on the plane to let them know he's gone. Okay, it'd be nicer not to do that... but when has Bama ever been nice?

Bill Cowher won't be fired.

Also out of North Texas, Troy, FAU & South Florida, I thiknk USF is clearly the best program. I know they got a quick ride to the BCS, but they adjusted very quickly and are a pretty good team this year. In fact, they are probably better than Miami & Florida State.

Also, Brady Quinn is a total twit, and whoever drafts him will be making a horrible mistake. Has he ever won a big game? The best performance I saw from him was his loss to USC last year, and that wasn't exactly a carry job.

Seriously, Wolfe and his 1,900 yards against the 3rd best run defense .......... quite intriguing.

FSU/UCLA is interesting as well. Nevada/Miami ? Heh, I'd love to see the pistol offense shoot holes in 'the u'

Cal/A&M in the Holiday. Looks like it will either be a shootout, or an epic ineptitude contest. Still should be fun either way.

Oregon/BYU ..... I"m all over the fighting Jim McMahons. New Mexico/San Jose State ..... good to see SJS in a bowl

So I was looking ahead ROC and Blink... and I found this on FSU's Schedule for next season...

Alabama - September 29 (Jacksonville, FL)

:shifty:

UCLA d. USC

Michigan will go to the Nat'l Title game barring voters going insane and putting Florida there (if they win).

USC will play at the Rose Bowl against LSU or Michigan depending on the Florida game and the voters.

Edited by ACCBiggz