DragonForce

tristy

People that take music seriously suck.

That's why I love 'Force, Edguy, Blind Guardian, Manowar (can't believe Keef didn't mention them..,) and Dream Evil, etc. Because they know how to have fun.

Some poeple 'get it', some people don't. To each their own. You can keep your Amon Amarth and your Mars Volta. If I wanted to be depressed, I'd watch the News.

Edited by TheReilDeal

Cygnus... Vismund Cygnus is about (among other things) an AIDS infested African prostitute who was an accident-child when her mother got raped. Yeah! Fun fun!

Televators and Take The Veil... are about suicide, and that entire album is the story of one REALLY fucked up dude... And Frances The Mute is about Saint Frances, the dude who "experienced" hell and was so fucked up by it that he couldn't talk again (hence the Mute part).

It's all extremely clever, the way all the albums work, and you can't doubt the lyrical genius. It's just so... depressing. Like watching Eastenders :shifty:

They're a lot like Bal-Sagoth, really. And I'm not sure why I don't like TMV. Well, it's not that I don't *like* them. I just don't like *listening* to them :\

I think it's probably because TMV is too 'real', whereas B-S is fantasy.. more of an epic story. Or something. I think.

I dunno...

Edited by TheReilDeal

Cygnus... Vismund Cygnus is about (among other things) an AIDS infested African prostitute who was an accident-child when her mother got raped. Yeah! Fun fun!

Televators and Take The Veil... are about suicide, and that entire album is the story of one REALLY fucked up dude... And Frances The Mute is about Saint Frances, the dude who "experienced" hell and was so fucked up by it that he couldn't talk again (hence the Mute part).

It's all extremely clever, the way all the albums work, and you can't doubt the lyrical genius. It's just so... depressing. Like watching Eastenders :shifty:

To be honest, they are so lyrically dense (TMV) that it isn't as if they are just singing "OH YEAH, AIDS INFESTED AFRICAN PROSTITUES" or anything like that. The music isn't overly depressing, and I tend to ignore the lyrics to some extent for some of thier work.

Yeah, I don't really pay that much attention to what TMV sing. Well I do, and it's lyrically superb, but not to the extent that I could really ever sing along to anything. If someone typed some Mars Volta lyrics out, I may have an inkling that they're Mars Volta lyrics, but unless it was something utterly obvious, I wouldn't know for definate.

On the opposite side of the spectrum there's Jamiroquai. Jay Kay's voice is great...but I pay no fucking attention to what he actually sings because 9/10 it's absolute shit. :shifty: Though I would probably recognise Jamiroquai lyrics.

Edited by Mr. Kurt McKenna

Frances The Mute isn't about Saint Frances. That's the first time I've ever heard that theory about the album. The one that the band-members and generally every other Volta fan knows and believes is that the entire album is lifted from a diary that Jeremy Ward discovered shortly before he overdosed.

And I fail to see how anyone can listen to Drunkship Of Lanterns and be depressed. :shifty: