DragonForce

tristy

No, seriously, how can anyone like them? I'm listening to Through The Fire & Flames, and it's wanky, pretentious and cheesy as hell. Oh my god.

If you're going to listen to shit about dragons and elves and shit, atleast listen to a band that rocks balls. Like Amon Amarth or something.

Hoooly shit.

My brother put on Attack of the Show and one of the guitar players tripped over another one in the middle of that song. T'was funny. Their guitar players are amazing, not sure if I can call myself a fan but the guitar playing blows me away.

EDIT: Had to rephrase myself.

Edited by Mr. Evil Prick

No, seriously, how can anyone like them? I'm listening to Through The Fire & Flames, and it's wanky, pretentious and cheesy as hell. Oh my god.

If you're going to listen to shit about dragons and elves and shit, atleast listen to a band that rocks balls. Like Amon Amarth or something.

Hoooly shit.

I'm probably the only person that thinks this, but the thing I actually like most about Dragonforce is the vocalist. I love that style of cheesy, 80's style vocalist. Yeah the guitars are absolutely stunning, but it doesn't change the fact they only have 1 chorus that they slow down and speed up when applicable.

Dragonforce are technically really good. I like them. But that's about as far as it goes for me.

I'm probably the only person that thinks this, but the thing I actually like most about Dragonforce is the vocalist. I love that style of cheesy, 80's style vocalist. Yeah the guitars are absolutely stunning, but it doesn't change the fact they only have 1 chorus that they slow down and speed up when applicable.

Dragonforce are technically really good. I like them. But that's about as far as it goes for me.

I have to agree with you. You summed up how I feel about the band, I enjoy them but wouldn't call myself a huge fan. I wouldn't buy an album but I like their music. I think the vocals work for their music, it makes everything seem epic but in a silly way. I could picture the music playing during some silly battle between orcs and other fabled creatures.

Yeah that is kind of the point to DragonForce. That being said, they're okay. They were pretty cool at Ozzfest (from what I saw, the sun was in my eyes and I was in the cheap grassy nole) and I know they're talented, but it's not really my cup o'tea, power metal.