Your Favourite Shows That Have Been Cancelled

Guest mAXi

Dead Like Me is the only I really miss.

It sucks too because I got into it when it was airing on Showcase (in Canada) after it had already been cancelled. I didn't even know it was cancelled until I was halfway through season 2. I was pissed off to fuck because it was one of the few shows I've ever been emotional connected to. The show had so much left in the tank, so many possible storylines up to the last episode and BAM, plug pulled. Shame it didn't even get a real sendoff, though the way the final episode of season 2 went, it seemed like the writers knew a potential cancellation was coming.

Thank fuck for DVDs.

I also really liked Undergrads... which I also found after it was cancelled... It was weird because I caught it randomly late, LATE nights for weeks straight and just started to dig it.

Oh, and Titus. But IIRC, that had pretty decent shelf life. Well, moreso than most shows do, at least.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest thetinman

I'm going to mention a show from last year that had tons of issues, made little to no sense at times, and didn't seem to have much of a clue where it was headed most of the time, but that I enjoyed nonetheless: Surface. I invested an entire season into that fucking show, get a shitty cliffhanger, and then the fucker is officially cancelled? That's some serious bullshit. It was stupid as fuck and yet I loved it for some reason.

Firefly, Angel and one nobody has mentioned or probably will: Threshold.

This thing got SOOO much build up on Sky One. In almost every adbreak on the channel, there'd be a two-second flash advert for Threshold about two months before it debuted. If you watched Sky One at all during that period, you'd know it was coming.

But of course, by the time it finally aired it's first episode in England, it had been axed in America (or was just about to be), so that made it kinda difficult to watch.

It started off pretty decently, nothing special (except for Brent Spiner's brilliance) and then about 3/4 of the way through it's run, it really started to get very good. Then of course, boom, cancelled.

Fuck, I forgot about Daria.. They used to air it at, like, 12am and 3am on Noggin last year. I'd stay up just to watch it.. damn. Daria was awesome. Especially the episode where Daria & Quinn's boyfriends come over for dinner, and Mr. Morgandorfer gets them involved in trying to catch that squirrel.. :lol:

Playmakers = This show was cancelled due to ESPN getting bullied by the NFL, cause the show was to accurate to what real life portrays. Playmakers was a very awesome show, and I didn't find out about it, until it came out on DVD. This is one of those shows that really needed a good send off, cause it's kinda left open at the end of the first season.

Arrested Development = This is one of those shows that just clicks, and everything is great. Not only was this show funny, and well written, the cast worked very well together. We all should be happy that it got several good seasons out of it, but again, it was one of those shows that was cut to short, because it only had a cult following.

Titus = I'm a huge fan of Christopher Titus, and I loved everything about this show. I was shocked to find it released on DVD about two years ago, and I quickly picked it up. Had to be one of the funniest shows at the time. I was sad to see the show got cancelled among the rest of them. It got three seasons on Fox, but I enjoyed every minute. Oh, and Stacy Keach is a bad ass.

I've got a lot more, but these are my top three.

For some reason I forgot Undeclared, but yeah that show's awesome to levels of ridiculousness. I think my list of worst one season cancellation is as follows:

1) Freaks & Geeks

2) Undeclared

3) Firefly

4) The Inside

5) Wonderfalls (just to keep Ringy happy)

There were other season 1 cancellations that sucked, but these ones were insane.

Guest This is classic Ringy

For some reason I forgot Undeclared, but yeah that show's awesome to levels of ridiculousness. I think my list of worst one season cancellation is as follows:

1) Freaks & Geeks

2) Undeclared

3) Firefly

4) The Inside

5) Wonderfalls (just to keep Ringy happy)

There were other season 1 cancellations that sucked, but these ones were insane.

Arrested Development

I have never seen a show where every single character was great, until I saw Arrested Development. From season one, where Buster dates Lucille 2 and GOB "escapes" from prison all the way to "Mock Trail With Judge Reinhold" in season three, it's all great.

Tru Calling. That show Eliza Dushku did post-Angel/Buffy. I enjoyed it.

Oh you mean the show that she wished would be cancelled because her and Joss were wanting to do a Faith series? Yeah, that show totally sucked.

I am in disbelief that I have forgotten Wonderfalls. Brilliant show that deserved much better.

Tru Calling. That show Eliza Dushku did post-Angel/Buffy. I enjoyed it.

Oh you mean the show that she wished would be cancelled because her and Joss were wanting to do a Faith series? Yeah, that show totally sucked.

Edited by This is classic Ringy

It was a nostalgia thing, honest :shifty:

Back in those days, Thursday night was my only completely free night and I had no school Friday mornings and I'd stay up until god knows when watching the show on the West Coast feed and going "zOMG Dushku is hot, I wanna marry her" and develloping an unhealthy obsession which may or may not have led to stalking. :(