The Sports Betting thread

Liam

2/1 for all four English teams to top their groups for the CL? Might be a nice way to bump up some cash?

As for my bet this week I'm going

Villareal @ 11/8 (Away to Osasuna)

Boro @ 5/4 (Away to Bristol City)

Sheff Wed @ 15/8 (Away to Plymouth)

Notts County @ Evens (Away to Barnet)

£5 will give me £150ish. Better than my original bet because that had Coventry away to Blackpool, and after yesterday I don't think I fancy making that bet now because Blackpool beat Wigan 4-1. And Coventry haven't been as convincing as I was hoping, while they might sneak a win - it's a bit of a risk for me.

Shocked at Villareal being out at 11/8 mind. Especially at Osasuna - am I missing something on this fixture, Nilmar up front, they had a good season last year and I'm pretty sure Osasuna could struggle? Have I got a good find or missing something major?

Edited by IAceI

I don't like those odds, to be honest.

Arsenal should and Liverpool probably will, but I'm never confident whenever United go away in Europe, despite our record being a lot better in the last couple of years. I expect all four teams to qualify, yeah, but at 2/1 it's not really worth it.

Especially given the fact that I think they were 2 or 3/1 with Betfred last weekend to all win their games. Liverpool buggered that up this time, I know. tongue.gif

EDIT: And 11/8 is decent. You just never know in Spain (/ well, football in general) though. However much a team is struggling, whether it's mid-season or just starting a new one, I never put anything past them. I'll go for Osasuna 2-0. ¬_¬

Edited by Baddar D

After looking at the fixtures for the weekend, I really don't fancy any of them at all. I've picked a bunch of favourites from League 1 and 2 to stick a pound on to get a tenner back, but I'm staying clear of the rest this week. Except for a £10 free bet that PaddyPower threw at me (probably because they know it's a horrendous week too), which for better or worse I've put on Man United at 11/10. Obviously the £10 is not in my return, so that would be £11 back if they win.

My quid is on Huddersfield, Brentford, Notts County and Chesterfield.

EDIT: Well that was a pound well spent. Thankfully I stuck 50p on Arshavin to score first at 9/1 just after the game started just in case Man United didn't win. And both happened! So I make that £22 up for the season now, cheers PaddyPower. :D

Edited by Scott McFly

Nice, Scotty.

Funnily enough, I'm £22 up too. I was £20 up going into yesterday's games. My acca/goals galore bets didn't come in, but the £8 on United did, earning me £17 back, which put me up from £20 to £27 up for the season.

In picking up my money from United, I put a fiver on a Man City, Everton and Villa treble, which'll return me £24 if it comes in. Either way I'm still up for this weekend, albeit £2. ¬_¬

• 2 weeks later...

I'm about £34 up for the season now, due to losing a tenner on the internationals last week.

Got an acca on 5 PL games, plus 6 Spain/Italy games. Quid each on them.

Will walk down and see what else I'm gonna put on as far as the coupons go. Will probably end up sticking at least a fiver on United (at 5/4. I'm not too confident, but meh, it worked when we played Arsenal) then the rest rounding up to a tenner on something else.

So, £10 went on in all.

Was one pick off my goals galore (£34 return) coming in, so that was a bummer. Euro acca failed (cheers Atletico) but my PL one is still going. Chelsea, Liverpool, Blackburn, Utd and Villa were my picks. A quid gets me £15.60. Just need Villa to do the business now.

As said yesterday, I was also planning on putting money on Utd. £6 on them gets me back £13.50, so whatever happens in Birmingham, I'm £3.50 up for the weekend.

I didn't bother putting anything on the weekend just gone, so I'm gonna put a fiver on some of the midweek games.

£3 is going on a Newcastle (away to Peterboro), Valencia (away to Getafe), Juventus (away to Genoa) treble. It'll return £36 if it comes in. The other £2 will go on another acca of sorts. Will decide that when I get down there.

Currently £50-odd up for the season. Not bad.

Acca's didn't come in. I was one win off £50 odd quid. Thanks Chelsea, you bunch of twats.

I'm thinking of putting the £6 odd I'm picking up from the Everton bet on Villarreal (away at Depor) tonight, seeing as I'm already £4 down for the weekend. Might as well make it the full tenner if I'm gonna be down. >_>