Heafy on the new Trvium album.

Summers

Sounds like someone's jealous.

Jealous? Fuck that. The majority of Trivium fans are cunts. I'd rather my music be listened to by a handful of people whose views I agree with than a million people whose views I might not. The more people listen to my work, the more likely it is that I wouldn't get on with one of them, and I'd rather not have music I wrote be associated with someone who's views I disagree with, so I'm not jealous of any successful musician, or anyone at all, for that matter.

I've explained my disdain for Trivium, and I don't think it needs explaining any more. If you think that my reasoning just means I'm "jealous" of Matt Heafy, then that's more damning of you than it ever will be of me.

And, once again, the Dimebag issue. Dimebag is average. Even if you say he's great, let's take that as fact (although it's not), no one would have chosen him to be in a "dream band" at any point in the last few years. Maybe during Pantera's heyday, MAYBE, but certainly not this century. If he was really this God-like guitarist, people would've liked Damageplan. But Damageplan were shite, and about four people liked them. If you honestly don't think that Dimebag's death is what's made him as a musician, then you're an idiot. No one gave a fuck about him before he died. People liked Pantera, sure, but no one would have singled out Dimebag as an influential, or even particularly talented, guitarist.

• 2 weeks later...

Fuck any haters.

This album is awesome, sure it's no Ascendancy, nothing can be that album was superb. But this is awesome in it's own right, I love the guitars, I especially love Heafy's vocals this time around as well.

Brilliance. Can't wait to see them again.

Point is: Guitarists come and go, if you think that someone who died last week was the greatest in the world then you've got another thing coming. For every big star that is made, there are at least 3 others that are just as good but haven't got into the spotlight. If Heafy had mentioned an underground artist then it would have helped at least one party, instead of glorifying some poor sod who died.

Another think coming. Christ, is basic English comprehension that difficult?

Fuck any haters.

This album is awesome, sure it's no Ascendancy, nothing can be that album was superb. But this is awesome in it's own right, I love the guitars, I especially love Heafy's vocals this time around as well.

Brilliance. Can't wait to see them again.

Nowhere near as good as Ascendancy could still be considered a good CD. Ascendancy was an incredible album but this could easily be really good. Sad to say, but I enjoy Anthem quite a bit. Yes they sound a lot like Metallica now, but why are we complaining about this? Sure a band should have their own sound and it probably wasn't right to compare each song to a different band, but still I like their new sound and it should be good.

Nowhere near as good as Ascendancy could still be considered a good CD. Ascendancy was an incredible album but this could easily be really good. Sad to say, but I enjoy Anthem quite a bit. Yes they sound a lot like Metallica now, but why are we complaining about this? Sure a band should have their own sound and it probably wasn't right to compare each song to a different band, but still I like their new sound and it should be good.

It doesn't sound good maybe? I'm sorry but it doesn't even sound like good Metallica, just a bad Metallica ripoff. I know that they're big Metallica fans, but jesus christ, they changed their sound to sound like a washed up band that hasn't done anything remotely entertaining in AT LEAST 10 years.

And the main problem I have with is that it sounds bad, not that it sounds like any other band, it's just not my cup o'tea. Trivium will always have nice guitars as they're all talented players, but Heafy should step down as vocalist and they should try and get somebody else to do the vocals because his voice is shot and he's what, 20 years old?

Sounds like someone's jealous.

Jealous? Fuck that. The majority of Trivium fans are cunts. I'd rather my music be listened to by a handful of people whose views I agree with than a million people whose views I might not. The more people listen to my work, the more likely it is that I wouldn't get on with one of them, and I'd rather not have music I wrote be associated with someone who's views I disagree with, so I'm not jealous of any successful musician, or anyone at all, for that matter.

I've explained my disdain for Trivium, and I don't think it needs explaining any more. If you think that my reasoning just means I'm "jealous" of Matt Heafy, then that's more damning of you than it ever will be of me.

And, once again, the Dimebag issue. Dimebag is average. Even if you say he's great, let's take that as fact (although it's not), no one would have chosen him to be in a "dream band" at any point in the last few years. Maybe during Pantera's heyday, MAYBE, but certainly not this century. If he was really this God-like guitarist, people would've liked Damageplan. But Damageplan were shite, and about four people liked them. If you honestly don't think that Dimebag's death is what's made him as a musician, then you're an idiot. No one gave a fuck about him before he died. People liked Pantera, sure, but no one would have singled out Dimebag as an influential, or even particularly talented, guitarist.

Fucking drop it already. How many Trivium fans have you met? I've failed to meet a single Trivium fan that I'd describe as a cunt. Did a bunch of guys wearing Ascendancy shirts set your cat on fire or something? I don't know what it is, but no matter what music thread I find a post of yours in, you always seem to come across as a stuck-up twat.

I've met plenty of Trivium fans, and the majority are the kind of closed-minded idiots that give the rest of metal fans a bad name, the kind of people who only listen to one genre and refuse to accept anything else. I only know two people who like Trivium that I get on with, everyone else I've met who likes them is a prat. The fans are irrelevant to this argument, though, I only brought them up because you accused me of being "jealous". I couldn't care less if four people or four hundred people liked Trivium, they wouldn't be any better or worse because of it.

Fucking drop it already. How many Trivium fans have you met? I've failed to meet a single Trivium fan that I'd describe as a cunt. Did a bunch of guys wearing Ascendancy shirts set your cat on fire or something? I don't know what it is, but no matter what music thread I find a post of yours in, you always seem to come across as a stuck-up twat.

I've met plenty of Trivium fans, and the majority are the kind of closed-minded idiots that give the rest of metal fans a bad name, the kind of people who only listen to one genre and refuse to accept anything else. I only know two people who like Trivium that I get on with, everyone else I've met who likes them is a prat. The fans are irrelevant to this argument, though, I only brought them up because you accused me of being "jealous". I couldn't care less if four people or four hundred people liked Trivium, they wouldn't be any better or worse because of it.

Dragsy's a Trivium fan, and he's a tit....point proved >_>

:P

Edited by liamwannabe