UEFA Cup groups

9 to 5

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ringu

Watched Sevilla/Shaktar this afternoon, quite possibly one of the best games I've seen this season, featuring Andreas Palop (the Sevilla goalkeeper) scoring in the 90th to send the game into extra time, and an eventual Sevilla win. Yummy stuff, with all sorts of attacking football in the game.

oh and lol newcastle

I was conflicted watching the AZ/Newcastle game. I support Newcastle. But...Shota Arveladze (Rangers favourite). :wub:

'What A Shota!' is still one of my favourite backpage headlines of all time. I still don't agree with using 'away goals' rules in closing stages of such important tournaments. It's lame. I'd much prefer an extra time, penalties finish if it's a draw on aggregate after 180 minutes.

And Rangers going down to Osasuna was hard to watch...there's just not enough quality at the club. To be fair, we shouldn't have even been in the UEFA Cup, and it was seen as a big step-down from the usual Champions League showings. Hopefully we can secure that 2nd place in the SPL and make sure we ARE in the CL next season. I hope Big Walt can get rid of all this useless baggage at the club and bring in some high quality players. If Celtic can get Gravesen, Keane, Venegoor and so on (and I'm sure more established, reliable players in the summer) so can Rangers. I was excited about Karl Svensson when he was signed (Sweden World Cup squad member) but he's been almost anonymous. And I know he pales in comparison to Venegoor, etc, but he is seriously the biggest non-Scottish signing Rangers have had in quite a while. Ehiogu's been a nice surprise though, I have to admit I thought he was passed it. I should probably save this for the SPL thread though.

Lots of teams we beat though. Molde. Livorno. Maccabi Haifa. Partizan. Drew with Auxerre. Hammered Hapoel Tel-Aviv. Osasuna were just better.

And here's hoping Spurs make it to Hampden. (Y)

• 1 month later...

Speaking of Glasgow hosting it, the UEFA Cup was on display (YES, THE ACTUAL UEFA CUP) at Glasgow Central Train Station. I was out with some friends on my way to Ayr and I just saw it from a while away and freaked out. And my friends didn't know why, it was pretty funny. It's such an awesome trophy.

I feel honoured to have been reflected in it's beatiful metal. It truly was a great surprise. :)

Guest REENGAYLAND!!!

So anyone watching any of the games? I've settled on Espanyol/Bremen. Gotta love the abundance of twatty Barca fans who have shown up in the crowd to taunt Espanyol by telling them they're never gonna win anything.

Looks like Matzat will be staying home. Why is Bremen filled with fat midget goalies who look like they would supplement their income by appearing in fisting DVD's?

Edited by Quom