NHL:EHM

Guest bruins72

Guest bruins72

I just thought I'd pass this info along to everyone that's interested in the new Eastside Hockey Manger game. It comes out tomorrow and we'll be able to buy it via download (similar to TEW). The boxed version of the game isn't expected to be out in North America until September, so this is our chance to get it when the rest of the world does. For more info, follow the link.

yeah, I am not sure if I am buying it or not... I live in Canada and the download is in the $50 - $60 range so I am still not sure... I might wait for a price drop.

Also there is another topic around this board with lots of info on NHL EHM... that I made :D

Guest bruins72

yeah, I am not sure if I am buying it or not... I live in Canada and the download is in the $50 - $60 range so I am still not sure... I might wait for a price drop.

Also there is another topic around this board with lots of info on NHL EHM... that I made :D

Whoops. I forgot about the old topic. It was off the page and I have no memory. :(

The game is about $40 US, so I'll probably pick it up. That's about the average price to pay for a game here. I'm pretty sure I'm going to pick it up. I played the old EHM a lot and I've been playing the hell out of the demo. I know I'll get my money's worth. The only things that are a little troublesome is the licensing limitation with the downloaded version and the fact that there is no editor for the game.

I liked what I played of EHM, and Championship Manager/EHM are two completely different games based around two completely different sports, how could they have ripped off CM?!

Guest bruins72

The reason for similarities between the new EHM and CM is because they're put out by the same company. NHL:EHM is made with the CM3 engine and then they changed things. Nobody is getting ripped off. And as Cloudstrife said, they're different sports. I don't like soccer, so I'm not going to play CM. I like hockey and I'm going to play EHM.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the bump, I've been playing this game for about 5-6 hours and thought I'd pass along my thoughts. In short, it's crap. First off, it's highly unrealistic. I guess it's not too much of a shock when you factor in that it's been made by a British company, but whoever made it doesn't know hockey. You do NOT get 6-4 results in a hockey match. At least not 5-6 times per night in the league. Second of all, the engine is all together too similar to CM. You get comments from the commentary that seem altogether unlike hockey and too much like soccer IMO. I take issue with some of the AI and stats, but at least the stats can be fixed. Unless this game gets patched hardcore there's gonna be a lot of people who feel taken for their money. Not me of course ( ;) ) but others.

Guest bruins72

Sorry for the bump, I've been playing this game for about 5-6 hours and thought I'd pass along my thoughts. In short, it's crap. First off, it's highly unrealistic. I guess it's not too much of a shock when you factor in that it's been made by a British company, but whoever made it doesn't know hockey. You do NOT get 6-4 results in a hockey match. At least not 5-6 times per night in the league. Second of all, the engine is all together too similar to CM. You get comments from the commentary that seem altogether unlike hockey and too much like soccer IMO. I take issue with some of the AI and stats, but at least the stats can be fixed. Unless this game gets patched hardcore there's gonna be a lot of people who feel taken for their money. Not me of course ( ;) ) but others.

I've been playing it pretty regularly since it came out (I bought it last week). I definately see your points and I agree that they're problems that need to be corrected. On the other hand, I really enjoy playing this game and think I'll enjoy it even more once some of these things are corrected. The commentary doesn't really bother me because I have it set to zoom by. I still coach the games, I just don't want them to take 20 minutes to sim. If the commentary really bothers you, somebody made something that replaces it with a different style of commentary. I saw a link for it on the SI Forums.

I really would like to see them fix a lot of the data issues. They've made Andrew Raycroft and Patrice Bergeron insanely underrated. In my current game, Raycroft can only play every other game because of low stamina. In real life, he started the vast majority of the Bruins' games and did incredibly well. They made Bergeron a good skater with decent passing skills. They made it so he's no aggressive, not that determined, and not much of a hitter. In real life, these are some of his best traits. The data definately needs work. They've also overrated the Devils. They're a great team but no way are they that good.

I'm running into a problem with home ice advantage in the playoffs in my current game. It's giving the lower ranked team home ice advantage in all my matchups. I had the best record in the league but haven't had home ice advantage yet and I'm in the Stanley Cup Finals right now. I read on the SI Forums that it's been corrected and will be included on the next patch.

Overall, I'd still reccomend this game. Sure, there are some things that need tweaking but it's still a fun game.

Don't you think there's something wrong with the AI when you get several 6-2's or 7-1 games on one night? I'll check out the updates, once those bastards at SIGames validate my membership.

Excuse my ignorance, as I'm English and play a lot of CM, and am interested in this game.  What is the normal average score for a Hockey game?  Again, excuse my ignorance.

Most NHL games usuallly have a combined score of about 5 or 6 goals. Most starting goaltenders have a goals against average of less than 3, meaning that they usual give up 2-3 goals per game, not 6-7.

Edited by GoodGodWhatABeatnik

Guest bruins72

Don't you think there's something wrong with the AI when you get several 6-2's or 7-1 games on one night? I'll check out the updates, once those bastards at SIGames validate my membership.

Sure. There is definately something wrong with that. It's just that it's not enough to kill my enjoyment of the game.

Guest bruins72

Ok I don't have the full version just the try and buy 6 month in game demo so my question is Can I start a game and then when I buy the game continue it on after I purchased it?

Yes, you can. There is no difference between the full version and the try & buy version. Once you go through the process of buying it, you'll be able to go past 6 months. I'm not sure how it works if you use the try & buy and then go out and buy the CD version. I'd assume that your saves would carry over but you'd probably have to uninstall the try & buy version of the game before installing the CD version.

Is there a way so you don't have to watch all the games and just your own?

Oh and besides it's flaws, any game that allows me to play as an OHL Team gets an automatic 10

Damn straight OHL rules everything.

And thanks Bruins I am thinking of starting a diary and then after summer school is over( 1 week left) I am purchasing the digital download version since I already have the try and buy and continue from there.

Edited by cn650