Veronica Mars Is Totally BIH!

Guest Ringmaster

S2E3 is called "Cheaty Cheaty Bang Bang" and it might have one of the coolest titles ever. Actually, the episode titles for VM are all fun and somewhat amusing. That said, I found this episode the most enjoyable of the second season thus far, even if it was a little bit confusing.

Logan and Kendall get busted by Veronica when Beaver hires her to find proof that Kendall is cheating on his dad. She gets that, obviously, but she also gets proof that Beav and Dick's dad is swindling investors via his company and real estate fraud. Now I'm no dummy, quite the opposite to be honest, but this whole thing seemed a bit confusing and contrived. Not bad, I just found it ever so slightly hard to follow. In the end I think i got it, but it took some doing on my part.

Other big developments include but are certainly not limited to Veronica finding out that she was meant to die in the bus crash, which is intriguing to no end, Alicia Fennel having some secret past that mildly intrigues me, and Jackie The Bitch Who Happens To Be Black being less than faithful in regards to Wallace. Oh, and Duncan is still alive.

As I said, certainly the most enjoyable episode this season thus far, but that's not saying a whole lot considering I haven't really terribly enjoyed this season thus far.

S2E3 Overall Grade B

Barely.

Edited by TheGarvinComplex

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

S1E4 was a much better episode than all the others combined, and that makes TGC :D . You see, I have not been overly :D with season two thus far, as I have said elsewhere in these reviews. However this episode finally grabbed me by the short hairs and had reminded me why I was so emotionally invested in these characters in season one.

So what did I like so much? Meg's secrets are intriguing, as is Duncan's visits to her daily. The return of Max. Wallace's daddy. Alicia's secrets. Weevil is back. The mystery deepens regarding Curly and the bus crash. Oh, and Logan and Veronica's witty back and forth banter.

The story about the rich woman and her worries was about as fun as I can remember any former case being, even if it was rather lightweight crap. Still it had a good solid message, and I enjoyed it.

Jackie The Bitch Who Happens To Be Black is not very nice, and I really am starting to dislike her in a Duncan sort of way.

Anyways, really good episode. And what Keith said to Alicia is true, men really do wish a beautiful woman would bring them a sammich.

S1E4 Overall Grade A-

S2E5 continues the trend of really good shows. Okay, well two isn't really a trend, but you get the idea.

Jackie The Bitch Who Happens To Be Black sets up Veronica on acess cable television which is part of a lot of really convoluted stuff that results in a massive status quo change for Wallace, Alicia, Keith, and Veronica herself. Good stuff, if not a little bit implausible.

I'm guessing Charsima Carpenter's Kendall character is gone, as is Beaver and Nick's dad, but since this is another unresolved plot point I'm not really sure.

Nice to see the bus crash moving ahead and continuing to be a little more interesting as it does. A bomb? A gun shot? What did cause that bus to go off the road? Was Arron behind it? Not sure, but very intrigued.

So all in all a very solid episode with minimal Duncan. Could have used more Logan though.

S2E5 Overall Grade A-

I am going to say now that we will get a new S3 thread if I am not caught up by then so as not to have any spoilers for me. I will then merge them together when I am indeed caught up. So NO S3 TALK ALLOWED just yet in this thread. Start a new thread for S3 by all means.

Blocked to everyone not in the US :(

Post this in Windows Media Player:

rtsp://a1986.v87251.c8725.g.vc.akamaistream.net/7/1986/8725/v0001/msnent.download.akamai.com/

8725/DBA90618/published/Video/Misc/High/VeronicaMars_WelcomeWagon.wmv

You may have to try a few times but it works for everyone.

Edit: It was stretching the page to fuck so I put a space in between.

Guest The Ringy Complex

Without spoiling anything, I thought it was a fun episode. I liked the character introduced, I liked the swerves and I liked where the show is going. Whereas it's not that good an episode, it was fun above average VM, which is better than most things on television.

On another note, whoever changed the theme song needs to die. It may still be the same "A Long Time Ago We Used To Be Friends" fare, but this wigger remix is pure shit and makes me want to turn off the show.

Just finished watching it

I thought it was great, above average for a VM episode. It left a few mysteries that will be on going throughout the season I assume. I like the new characters.

I liked the new remix of the theme music.... not as good as the original but still good. Coolest part of the episode: Boom Goes the Dynamite reference

Without spoiling anything, I thought it was a fun episode. I liked the character introduced, I liked the swerves and I liked where the show is going. Whereas it's not that good an episode, it was fun above average VM, which is better than most things on television.