Lost Season Three Discussion Thread

CKN

I loved the opening to episode three. The identical opening to the pilot, except replacing the shoe with Eko's stick and Vincent with naked Desmond was a great way of transitioning Locke into the role as leader of the losties on the beach.

Glad to see Eko survived, he quickly became my favourite character last season.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt it; I believe they agreed to all stay together from then on - and do you really think Charlie would stay on the beach after the Claire/Locke incident? It just seems like they forgot the caves were there.

Incidentally I'm sure the waterfall from the Sawyer/Kate/Metal Briefcase episode was in the video for fairyland.

That was a pretty good episode focusing all on Sawyer. I liked how they had him believing he had a pacemaker only to lead to them showing him that they are on a completely different island. Ben was good in this episode, too. Sawyer reading and quoting (as well as Ben quoting) "Of Mice and Men" was great. I love that book.

Great episode. Sawyer is just so damn awesome.

Also, shit. Did you guys see that thing at the end of the preview? :o

EDIT: If you actually know anything about it, don't spoil!

Edited by Zaz

That was an awesome episode. The thing (it's not a thing) at the end isn't really much of a spoiler, but I'll put it in spoiler tags anyway.

It was just a guy in an eye patch. If you remember when we first met the tail end people they had found a glass eye in a box. So I guess it's his and he's in one of the other stations, probably the Flame.

Edited by He's LBTN

The Cost Of Living Synopsis

A delirious Eko wrestles with demons from his past, while Locke and some of the other castaways head back to The Pearl -- one of the Dharma Initiative's island stations -- hoping to find a computer that they can use to locate Jack, Kate and Sawyer. Meanwhile, Jack doesn't know whom to trust when two of "The Others" seem at odds with one another.

Edited by PkmnTrainerJ

If that character dies I will be furious.

Really enjoyed the episode yesterday, though I'm hoping the necessity for the pacemaker scheme is elaborated on. It seemed a little contrived just to sum it up with 'we did it to give you doubt.'

As will I, but that character's story doesn't have a whole lot more to it methinks.

Also:

Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (Mr. Eko) was arrested not long ago, as were Michelle Rodriguez (Ana-Lucia) and Cynthia Watros (Libby) before Season Two filming and they were both killed off, Ana-Lucia in an episode with her flashbacks...

Well....that was quite an episode.

Firstly, I am very glad to see Locke back to being bad ass jungle trekking Locke, and not whiny button pushing Locke.

I'm also happy we got some Desmond in this episode.....MORE DESMOND DAMN IT!!!

I was shocked with the video that Juliet showed Jack, I did not see that coming what so ever. It will be really interesting to see what route Jack takes.

I was glad to see Eko make peace with himself before he went away. His was a good story, and while I hate to see him go, at least he got some good closure.

Though I don't like the sounds of the "Were Next" thing at the end.

What the hell is up with the smoke monster though....that was quite a turn from the way it acted previously.

Very interested to see who Eye Patch Guy turns out to be, though I guess we now know the source of the Glass Eye from the Tailies hatch in Season 2.

Next weeks preview was bad ass, but I swear if they kill Sawyer, I am going to be one angry, angry man.

Great episode, and damn them for the extended break coming up!!!

So that's what, every character from the back hatch dead? Or is the bad guy from Wolfram and Hart still kicking? We haven't seen him at all in season 3.
Edited by Raistlin

That was an awesome episode, Eko was my favourite character pretty much so I was pleased with the way they handled it and I'm glad he got some real closure to his character unlike others who have died.

Edited by Enter LBTN