BATracer 2

Marcos

EWB Season 2: The battle continues

Last season Tom Delgado won the first ever EWB Bat Racer Tournament, when he managed to gain 91 points, while Luke Morris only managed 88. However, this season the top 2 of last season are stuck in their same manufacturers while others (old and new) are allowed to change their teams. So can you defeat Delgado and put up a better fight than Morris, or will you falter like those done in Season 1?

I'm hoping for 22 competitors this time and will leave the game open until Sunday night, or whenever we get 22.

So, teams that are taken already are:

McLaren: Tom Delgado (Magus978, confirmed), Liam Byrne (liamwanabee, confirmed)

Red Bull: Luke Morris (Hamster, confirmed), Fraser Dutch (TripleH 86, confirmed)

Williams: Mark McGaw (Marcos, confirmed), Daniel Higgins (Dan, confirmed)

Honda: Tyrone Waithe (Zeokage, confirmed)

Ferrari: Katsuya Jounouchi (Katsuya, confirmed), Mark Sainsbury (markbros, confirmed)

Toyota: Duncan McFarlane (Kou, confirmed, Grant Golden (TH4L, confirmed)

BMW: Jason Summerdown 9Xero Gravity, confirmed), Eric Lefler (oldskool, confirmed)

Renault: Kris Smith (fourstarfizzle, confirmed)

Please do not take the place of Hamster as it is important he gets Red Bull, as it was for Delgado to get McLaren. However, all other places are up for grabs. The name of the game is EWB Season 2: The Battle Continues, while the password is Delgado :shifty:

I look forward to seeing you in the game. Could a mod please edit the title to say that Season 2 is under way, and when you have signed up can you put your full name and Manufacturer so I can add it to the list. Please sign up with your real name, as it adds to the realism.

Link to joining:

Link

All Season 2 talk goes in here.

Edited by Marcos

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Former Williams Number 1 In Shock Move To Renault

Former Team Leader of Williams, Kris Smith, has shockingly be ejected from this years F1 Team and has now been revealed as the No.1 Driver for Renualt. The announcement of his departure from Williams was announced just hours ago as Mark McGaw, formerly of Toyota was announced as the new No.2 driver for Williams. Many within the F1 world seem confused at the departure of Smith, who finished 5th last season, and the promotion of team mate Daniel Higgins to the No.1 Driver.

Both Williams or Renault have been available for comment since the announcements were meant. The rumours for the new No.2 driver at Renault are remaining rife with former Renault No.1 Mark Sainbury heading to Ferrari this season and his former team mate Liam Bryne has left for greener pastures at McLaren.

Edited by fourstarfizzle

Former Williams Number 1 In Shock Move To Renault

Former Team Leader of Williams, Kris Smith, has shockingly be ejected from this years F1 Team and has now been revealed as the No.1 Driver for Renualt. The announcement of his departure from Williams was announced just hours ago as Mark McGraw, formerly of Toyota was announced as the new No.2 driver for Williams. Many within the F1 world seem confused at the departure of Smith, who finished 5th last season, and the promotion of team mate Daniel Higgins to the No.1 Driver.

Both Williams or Renault have been available for comment since the announcements were meant. The rumours for the new No.2 driver at Renault are remaining rife with Mark Sainsbury still in the market for a contract renewal or a new team but former team mate Liam Bryne has left for greener pastures at McLaren.

What? I'm bored... <_<

Sainsbury has joined Ferrari so both positions at Renault are available. Also my second name has no 'r' in it :pervert:

Byrne defects from Renault to McLaren

After finishing in 3rd place in the last F1 season, you would believe that Byrne would be happy to try and progress under the Renault banner, but it would seem that he has taken the offer of a place in the McLaren team which houses Tom Delgado, the champion of last season.

Byrne told reporters "I thought long and hard about the decision, and it was a tough one, as Renault and I had really pushed for the title, and finished 1st in the Constructors Championship, but when you get an offer from a team that produced Delgado, the champion, you just gotta feel it will be right for you. I thank Renault for all they did for me, but McLaren have got themselves a great acquisition, and I'm looking forward to working with them".

Byrne also played down any possible animosity between him and Delgado, caused by a long and hard fought series last season. "I can't wait to work with Delgado, someone that good you can't help but to learn from. Will I be pushing to beat him for the championship? Of course I will, it would be stupid not to, but we'll be out there for each other and for the team. The Constructors Championship has McLarens name on it this season, thats for sure."

Seeing as I missed the last game, I wouldn't mind joining this. Is signing up with the driver name very important? I tried to sign up for the previous one, only as Xero Gravity and I don't know if you can change it. Also, does it matter which team I'd join?

Well I would like you to have your real name as your name in the game as it adds to the realism. You can change it by going to file > your account. The only team you can't join just now is Red Bull as that is reserved for Hamstah :blush:

Seeing as I missed the last game, I wouldn't mind joining this. Is signing up with the driver name very important? I tried to sign up for the previous one, only as Xero Gravity and I don't know if you can change it. Also, does it matter which team I'd join?

Well I would like you to have your real name as your name in the game as it adds to the realism. You can change it by going to file > your account. The only team you can't join just now is Red Bull as that is reserved for Hamstah :blush:

Morris stays with Red Bull but stunningly loses team leader spot

Surprise runner up in the World Championship Luke Morris of Red Bull has remained with Red Bull for the upcoming season although, for as yet unknown reasons, has been toppled from his position of team leader by last year's teammate Fraser Dutch. At the Red Bull conference, showcasing the unveiling of this season's car, Morris took a backseat and when questioned about his views on team politics he refused to answer questions about Fraser Dutch geting engaged to the team manager's daughter.

However it is expected that if Morris succeeds equally this season he may look for a new ride elsewhere.

"Williams Hated My Big Shiny Pink Helmet" Reveals Smith

It would seem the truth behind Smith's departure from Williams despite securing 5th in the Championship last year, has finally been revealed. Smith gave an emotional and moving interview to Panorama last night revealing the heartbreak he suffered from the constant descrimination against his large shiny pink helment. "You must realise, this is a helmet that got me podium places in Barcelona, Silverstone, Hungaroring and Monza, and also my two 1st place victories in Istanbul and Indianapolis, a race which I started in 17th place" exclaimed Smith. A lot of this heartache seems to come from the hate aimed at him from his former team mate Daniel Higgins, a man who Smith claims "couldn't handle being in his shadow".

But it isn't all doom and gloom for Smith, as green pastures awaited for him at Renault. "Renault welcomed me in, 'Your big shiny pink helmet is welcome to come into our family anytime' they said. And this season feels right. I think this season, is my pink helmets year." And it would seem early indications are looking good for the new Renault No.1, as through the first practice session for this seasons race at Bahrain, Smith is leading the pack with his former team, struggling to keep up.

Edited by fourstarfizzle

Former Renault Team Leader sheds light on Ferrari Move.

Mark Sainsbury today shed some light on his controversial decision to move from a competetive Renault drive, to take the #2 drivers position at Ferrari.

'It's every racer's dream to race a Ferrari' the Oxford-based driver commented. 'Last season I had some problems with reliability at the start of the season, then maybe lost some motivation towards the end. Ferrari is my dream team, and has one of the most loyal fanbases in all of F1. I wouldn't dream of letting the Tifosi down.'

Sainsbury finished by wishing his former Renault Team-mate, Liam Byrne, luck with his new drive at McLaren: 'He's a good driver, we had some memorable battles on the track last year, there were never any team orders and I'm looking forward to racing him again.'

Couldn't be arsed waiting any more so that is season 2 started. 14 players is a bit less than I imagined, however, it should make it more tight at the top which is always good.

Qualifying has been decided with Kris Smith taking pole from mark Sainsbury.