Torchwood

Timmoru Suzuki

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonight's episode was really good imo. Like how they brought Suzie brack from the dead - and then she couldn't die! Also, I'm liking the subtle hints towards Jack eventually meeting his maker.

I have a feeeling that the second glove doesn't actually exist. I actually think the writers dropped that in so that they colud bring it back in the future if need be.

The series has certainly improved, with the last three shows all being of a good standard. Last nights was good, with the odd 'OH JUST FUCK OFF NO' moments (like the books code being the password), but on the whole good show. Its still not hit 'great' yet at all but it is becoming a very watchable series. Even if everyone is a raging homo.

• 5 weeks later...

OMG! I've just seen the end of series double (at fucking last) and wow, two great episodes to close on.

And I LOVE the choice of Abaddon as the end of series monster. I'm slightly disappointed that they didn't end it with a cliff hanger of Jack dying as it sucked the life from him, but the ending they went with - with it implied that the Doctor shows up and Jack pops in for a visit - was good too. I actually am looking forward to the next series now.

The first part was crap. It wasn't that interesting, which is worse considering the great concept, it was also lazily written, and everything was so sodding convenient. And more gay love. Is anyone actually straight in this world?

The second part was borderline excellent. I almost thought they'd ended it in THE most amazing way, but the way in which the final resolution

I'm talking about HOW Jack comes back to life here folks

Edited by timmayy Fenix

I enjoyed the first episode. I think it was there to again illustrate how lonely 'Jack' feels. It also ties in to why he flips at Owen at the beginning of the final ep about opening the rift.

Like, you can tell that he REALLY wants to just say to Owen "Yes, you should have left me there". Cos then he could have stayed with the Real Jack - who seemed to be the only person he had a real connection with this series (besides old woman person who was quickly forgotten earlier in the series). And the gay thing has been overdone a little in the series, but I don't get the problem with captain Jack -you knew from way back in the Dr. Tenny series that he was either gay or bi when he snogged the Doc. His bi-ness was reinforced this series with the old woman (and the odd glance with Gwen), as well as him sleeping with Janto.

Ans was I the only one who loved it when Owen was ripping into Janto being a 'tea boy' and only there to be 'Jack's part-time shag'. I thought it was hilarious. :D

As for the final ep, I would have preferred it if Jack was on the verge of death whilst battling Abaddon. Or even end it with Abaddon walking toward Jack or something. The kiss thing was a bit of a cop out, and irritated me a bit but the sound of the TARDIS more than made up for it. Does this mean cross over in Dr. Who, maybe?

And yes, Owen fucking rules.

I would have been mega pissed if, when Jack fired him, he actually left.

Edited by Dragon-F'n-Force!

I think Jack awakening with Gwen's kiss is explained earlier on when Jack gave some of his life force to the girl who had the 'orgasmgas' in her, in order to keep her alive, Gwen did the same thing, unknowingly when she kissed him.

I think Jack awakening with Gwen's kiss is explained earlier on when Jack gave some of his life force to the girl who had the 'orgasmgas' in her, in order to keep her alive, Gwen did the same thing, unknowingly when she kissed him.

Holy crap, totally forgot about that!

It's still totally shit and almost vomit enducing though. Also

The point is Jack ACTUALLY had excess life force though

Edited by timmayy Fenix

And I meant convenient in how Tosh leaves things in a sodding Gas meter box thing, which doesn't get seen, moved, or destroyed for 50 plus years. She leaves more in a fucking small ass paint tin in the darkest corner of a cellar, and Gwen obviously sees it and checks. Billis just HAPPENS to have the exact same piece of machinery Owen needs for the Rift manipulator - Since when did they have that anyway? The first page and first number Owen comes across is the code for the safe.

It was fucking lazy ass writing, I was almost waiting for "All we need now is a single plum floating in rum inside an up-turned gentlemen's top hat" *BUMPS INTO ITEM*

First show was shit.

And I meant convenient in how Tosh leaves things in a sodding Gas meter box thing, which doesn't get seen, moved, or destroyed for 50 plus years. She leaves more in a fucking small ass paint tin in the darkest corner of a cellar, and Gwen obviously sees it and checks. Billis just HAPPENS to have the exact same piece of machinery Owen needs for the Rift manipulator - Since when did they have that anyway? The first page and first number Owen comes across is the code for the safe.

It was fucking lazy ass writing, I was almost waiting for "All we need now is a single plum floating in rum inside an up-turned gentlemen's top hat" *BUMPS INTO ITEM*

First show was shit.

Well it also showed Billis rub some numbers out so I took that to mean he found it as he would of looked in 1941 as soon as Jack and Toshiko left as he knew who they really were and why they were there.

So after they left he kept it safe and set it up for when Torchwood came looking for it the same goes for the piece for the Rift Manipulator he wanted it to be found and used ok it could of explained how he came about it I agree with that part.

I also agree with the fact it was the first number he tried they could of gone though a bit where he was trying different numbers from that book it would of added to the suspense as well

I think the bit where Owen got the number straight away was more to prove a point that Owen may be actually right and that Jack wasn't as good as people made him out to be, etc.

The conveniently placed stuff makes more sense if you think that Bilis set the entire thing up, as he was a servent of Abaddon. For example, we know he knew about the blood letter, and so would have made sure it was there.

Agree with that last point. I thought when the rift opened loads of crazyness would happen, not just make a big Power Rangers monster that hasn't been mentioned all series pop out, where have all the weevils and stuff been coming from? I thought Jack wanted to go to an open space so he could call Megazord.

• 1 year later...