I Love We Love Katamari

Skummy

We Love Katamari.

After spending most of this afternoon getting twatted on Super Bock and playing Golden Axe, I discovered this game today for the very first time. I decided purely after the intro that I was very much in love. How right I was. I need to buy it. I'm addicted. Damn it!

Edited by Skumfrog

A farmer asks you to help him because all of his cows and bears have escaped. This game gets better and better and better.

The music's awesome, and the King is one of the best game characters ever.

A farmer asks you to help him because all of his cows and bears have escaped. This game gets better and better and better.

Did you see the gigantic cowbear mutant flying around with the two bears with rockets strapped to them? That's the best part of that level.

Haha, I did indeed. Also, on the one where you have to roll up the flowers, and there's a woman who pops out of a pond holding a flower every now and then, you roll her up and where it gives you the name of the item it says "God". So funny I nearly shat.

The only thing that pisses me off about the game is the level where you can only get ONE object of a specific type, a cow I think it is... and if you touch ONE the game is over. It's hard to see sometimes.

Definitely hard, especially with all of the cowprint traffic cones and cartons of milk all over the level. I spent the better part of a night trying to get the cowbear in the second game, and I'd be thwarted a lot of times when I was nearly large enough and was inadvertantly knocked into something like a tiny wooden statue of a bear.

It's irritating, but man, you feel like a god when you do it right.

• 4 weeks later...

Topic bumping time, sorry about that, but there's no sense in creating a new Katamari topic, is there?

What's the largest Katamari you lot have rolled (not counting the "save the Earth" level)? I got just over 1200 on the bird's level (the one where you have to roll up to 500m in 17m), and there's still so much that's far too big to roll up, and I haven't a clue how I could conceivably get that big in that space of time. I'm making it my mission to roll up the King Of All Cosmos, has anyone managed it?

Also, in the "Collection" menu, under "Royals", it has a space for the Queen too. Does anyone know where she can be rolled up from?

About a month or so ago, I was at my friend's place and we decided to play We Love Katamari 2-player mode. Not only have I never played 2-player mode but it's probably been like a year since I've played the game at all. So I keep getting schooled by my friend. But after about 3 or 4 times in a row of getting beat, the King of the Cosmos, in his standard condescening attitude, will make your Katamari bigger as a form of automatic handicap. It was funny but a bit sad, especially since I still kept losing for like another 10 rounds after that.

Topic bumping time, sorry about that, but there's no sense in creating a new Katamari topic, is there?

What's the largest Katamari you lot have rolled (not counting the "save the Earth" level)? I got just over 1200 on the bird's level (the one where you have to roll up to 500m in 17m), and there's still so much that's far too big to roll up, and I haven't a clue how I could conceivably get that big in that space of time. I'm making it my mission to roll up the King Of All Cosmos, has anyone managed it?

Also, in the "Collection" menu, under "Royals", it has a space for the Queen too. Does anyone know where she can be rolled up from?

I don't feel like pulling out the game right now (We lock the TV stand doors where the PS2 is so the baby can't get it), but I'm pretty sure my high score was either right over or under 3600 m. The key that I've found is to roll up that entire archipelago about the time you hit 1000 m. Rolling up all the little hexagonal parts of the desert island will definitely give you a big edge--you'll find yourself huge in no time. But seriously, go around that archipelago. Don't leave until you have pretty much all the big parts. From there, dash around and grab everything you can. The more you try it, the more you'll find yourself setting out paths for yourself.

I know it seems like I'm full of shit, but trust me... it is absolutely possible to get far over 3000 on that last level.

It's funny you mention the Queen, too. Once you get a high enough score in this last level, she'll start showing up in it, running around in the same way the King does. The King gives some long shpiel during the match and afterwards, too, and he seems to imply that they're... consummating inside the katamari. :blink:

I love that game.

I know it's possible to get around 3600, and roll up islands and land and whatnot, I think my problem is I need to get through the earlier stages quicker, because once you hit around 1000 it gets pretty easy, the only thing holding me back is time. I'm up to 2085 now, and I've got a bit of a routine, I just need to tidy a couple of parts up.