2006/07 NBA Thread

JStarr

They run plays most of the time, it's just when your superstar is feeling it, you let him take the game over and do what he wants. It's not rocket science that when LeBron is making those shots, you stick with it as god knows nobody else on the team is going to make any shots anyways.

And that was one of the greatest games in NBA history by a player like has been said. I honestly didn't think that LeBron had that type of game in him, but I was wrong.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They run plays most of the time, it's just when your superstar is feeling it, you let him take the game over and do what he wants. It's not rocket science that when LeBron is making those shots, you stick with it as god knows nobody else on the team is going to make any shots anyways.

But he doesn't heave shot upon shot, it's just when it's crunch time I'm sure he tells the guys that he's got it and he's going to do what he can to create. We're watching the same game, but you're nitpicking him being the best player and playmaker on the team and them knowing that and running everything through him like it should be. Do you want the ball in Larry Hughes' hands when the game is on the line? No, you want it in LeBron's.

Just an unbelievable night tonight...This was the best moment i've ever had as a Cleveland sports fan so far in my life. Beating Detroit and getting to the finals was just incredible. The Spurs series will be tough, and we are heavy underdogs again, but I hope we can give them a good series and hopefully find a way to win.

Lebron really didnt have a bad game at all, he had 20 pts, 14 rebs, and 8 assists and altougth that isnt up to what he has had in points in terms of other games in this series it is still damn good. He was actually getting double teamed early in the shot clock and that effected him not being able to get to the basket, so he was able to find Gibson for some huge shots. I am incredibly happy to be going to the finals and I hope that we can make something of this oppurtuinty.

That comment was bound to happen by someone because of the game he had in Game 5. He didn't have a bad game, but I figured that comment would come because of what he did the previous game, etc.

He was his usual self, which when your following the game he had in game 5, isn't enough for a lot of people. I'm just glad Gibson is playing so well, though I'm still just hoping for a good series rather then rooting for either team.

Shooting-wise, I think he didn't have all that great of a game, as he was just 3 for 11 from the field. However, his ability to get to the line nearly 20 times and make most of his points from there, as well as finding his teammates and getting boards. He had a good all-around game to me. Maybe not his best performance offensively as far as scoring, but Daniel Gibson surely made up for that coming off the bench with 31 points.

Sad to see my Pistons go like that, but hey... the better team won four straight games, so I really can't complain. I thought it would at least go to seven games and maybe they could take it there, but... meh. Cavs were just more hungry for it. I just hope the Cavs take it now, as I'm tired of seeing the same NBA champions over and over again every year.

The problem with the Pistons is that they, yet again, continued to shoot themselves in the foot. They kept it close going into the fourth quarter and things soon fell apart at the seams for them. The poise was gone, the big shots clanked, and the defense was fucking atrocious. Even prior to the fourth, it seemed as if each time they'd build momentum, somebody would throw the ball away or the defense would breakdown.

That's not to say it's all the Pistons doing that they lost. I don't want people to think that I'm not going to give Cleveland any credit, because they deserve all the credit in the world. They made their open jumpers, they played gritty defense, and their best player made everybody around him better.

George Blaha, the Pistons local radio and television announcer may have said it best about Daniel Gibson when he said "Tonight, a star is born". This was after Gibson's 19th or 20th (:shifty:) three pointer in a row.

"Right when Foley landed in Richmond to meet with [VCU coach]Anthony Grant, there was a message on his voice mail from Billy, telling him to hold off on hiring anyone until they talked. That's when he turned the plane around and returned to Florida."

Fucking douche.

Yeah, that contributed.

I just don't see why anyone would ever want to leave college coaching for the NBA in the first place. You go from having total control over who you want to have play for you, the total admiration of your school and most of its alumni (if you're winning), and you're almost guaranteed to make more money than the university president...to having to cater to overpaid brats who whine about not getting the ball enough, dealing with GM's who may or may not have a clue about what makes a good player, and owners who may or may not ever want to pay you as much as the 12th guy on the bench.

College coach = God. Pro coach = nanny. No thanks. If Donovan had ditched now, he'd be more of a douche in my eyes, as it'd be him running for the hills at the thought of having to "rebuild." I know he's not likely to get an offer that big again, but seriously, is $3M per year really chump change?

Fucking douche.

Yeah, that contributed.

I just don't see why anyone would ever want to leave college coaching for the NBA in the first place. You go from having total control over who you want to have play for you, the total admiration of your school and most of its alumni (if you're winning), and you're almost guaranteed to make more money than the university president...to having to cater to overpaid brats who whine about not getting the ball enough, dealing with GM's who may or may not have a clue about what makes a good player, and owners who may or may not ever want to pay you as much as the 12th guy on the bench.

College coach = God. Pro coach = nanny. No thanks. If Donovan had ditched now, he'd be more of a douche in my eyes, as it'd be him running for the hills at the thought of having to "rebuild." I know he's not likely to get an offer that big again, but seriously, is $3M per year really chump change?

From what they're saying here, the moment of revelation came at the "highly emotional" press conference that he had at UF. He seemed to be thinking "Why do I wanna leave this, exactly?"

Of course, he's likely missed the boat on the best offer (team location AND quality) that he'll ever get, since every other team that'll come knocking on his door (if any) will likely be 15-win bottomfeeders, and not young playoff teams with potential to improve.