EWB Top 50 Albums Voting

Scruffy The Janitor

Block votes are fucking stupid, and ruin the purpose of this entire thing. Remove that, please. I really don't see how people taking points away from albums will give a true "best album." It's what you like, not what you don't like. Just because Joe Schmo doesn't like mainstream music or something like that doesn't mean that it should be less popular. The list has no point with "block votes."

It'll just turn into a grudge match, with people casting "block votes" against albums that other people DO like. For example, Biggz blocked The Beatles. Judging by the way he worded it, he just simply doesn't like the Beatles, and doesn't want them to win. Is that fair? Not really. And does it bring up conflict? Sort-of. I'm very tempted to "block" Metallica just so his band doesn't win. But I won't, since that's not the point of the contest. I voted for the albums that I like, because it's a favorite list. Not the ones that I don't like.

Edited by Thatz

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Through general consensus, Block Votes have been taken out. All block votes which appear in this thread will be ignored.

Also their is a slight change in the points system please see the first post to see more.

Hopefully after all this effort from everyone, this list will work itself out.

I prefer the multiplication rule. Because surely an album that comes 9th, 10th and 10th is more popular in concencous to the entirety of EWB (Taking into account ALL the albums in the world, to appear 3 times on a list, even in 9/10 is a huge accomplishment...unless they're shite) than an album that is 1 in a single persons list. Going on your plan, they'd be deemed equal, but they're far from equal. However if the multiplication rule is in effect, then they'd have 12 points.

But then again, you're never going to get it entirely right. As take out the 9, and we're left with 4 points, which is shite. Maybe add 1 for each vote, and then times by the number of votes? Fuck knows. Just go with your way.

I mostly listen to Rap, so all my picks are Rap albums....

1. "Illmatic" - Nas

2. "Ready To Die" Notorious B.I.G.

3. "The Score" - The Fugees

4. "The Infamous" - Mobb Deep

5. "Resurrection" - Common

6. "2Pacalypse Now" - 2Pac

7. "Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)" - Wu-Tang Clan

8. "Reasonable Doubt" - Jay-Z

9. "People's Instinctive Travels and Paths of Rhythm" - A Tribe Called Quest

10. "Paid In Full" - Eric B. & Rakim

New Rules apply. They've been put up on the top post, but I'll post them here too.

2. The second time an album appears on the list it garners 2 extra points. The third time it garners 3 extra points, this pattern continues up until the tenth time it appears on a list it garners 9 bonus points. Everytime after this it garners another 9 bonus points. This is an attempt to make it more of a consensus of EWB, then just what people voted into their first place.

9. These rules are subject to change at any time. But they will be changed for good reason

THIS PREDICTION THREAD CLOSES: MIDNIGHT GMT 11/04/06

I thought I should add number 9 seeing as it changed a couple of times now.....lol :P. Anyways this should be the last change to the rules, and this prediction thread closes in a weeks time. Keeping on voting. Remember you can change your votes as long as the last edit is before the closing time.

Oh and my album picks are about to change well I look over all your guys lists to see what should have made my list.

Edited by Steaming Pile Of Shit

Guest burton420

Green Day - Dookie

Nirvana - Nevermind

Offspring - Smash

Metallica - Ride the Lightning

Sublime - 40 oz to Freedom

System Of A Down - Mesmerize

Guns N' Roses - Appetite for Destruction

Rage Against The Machine - Rage Against The Machine

Motley Crue - Shout at the Devil

Godsmack - Godsmack