Final Fantasy XII

Riceman 4K

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you kill that Goliath just inside Nabudis and what level should I be? I can just about handle the regular bad guys in the area (Those little weird guys and imps). I just can't figure out a way to hurt Goliath before he's pretty much killed me with some third level magic or other.

A lot of people recommend waiting 'til you're like 25ish, although I schooled it at level 18 or so with Quickenings, a lot of Phoenix Downs, and some good old-fashioned Sleep spells.

In other news, I am officially in love with the Nihopalaoa accessory. Just used it as the lynchpin in my plan to kill the Lindwyrm (clouds, yay!), which my FAQ informed me was going to be an impossibly hard battle due the it's 230,000ish HP. Nah. Dispel, used Vaan with the Nihopalaoa to stick it with a Remedy to blind it, silence it, and put it to sleep, then hammered away with Aeroga (it's wind-vulnerable, yeeeeeees!) and the odd Alarm Clock to keep it snoozing until it hit the dirt after 5 minutes or so. Apparently it can use Restore to put like half of its HP back... not when it's asleep, though. :)

A lot of people recommend waiting 'til you're like 25ish, although I schooled it at level 18 or so with Quickenings, a lot of Phoenix Downs, and some good old-fashioned Sleep spells.

In other news, I am officially in love with the Nihopalaoa accessory. Just used it as the lynchpin in my plan to kill the Lindwyrm (clouds, yay!), which my FAQ informed me was going to be an impossibly hard battle due the it's 230,000ish HP. Nah. Dispel, used Vaan with the Nihopalaoa to stick it with a Remedy to blind it, silence it, and put it to sleep, then hammered away with Aeroga (it's wind-vulnerable, yeeeeeees!) and the odd Alarm Clock to keep it snoozing until it hit the dirt after 5 minutes or so. Apparently it can use Restore to put like half of its HP back... not when it's asleep, though. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Earlier in the game when you get to Bhejerba or however you spell it, is the easiest way to get more money by chaining the skeletons?

Anything get you more gil?

The further you get, the different undead you see, they're almost always the best things to chain for both EXP and for items.

Anyone else using the simple tactics of giving Basch haste and berserk and watching him tear apart nearly every boss character the game has to offer?

Earlier in the game when you get to Bhejerba or however you spell it, is the easiest way to get more money by chaining the skeletons?

Anything get you more gil?

Anyone else using the simple tactics of giving Basch haste and berserk and watching him tear apart nearly every boss character the game has to offer?