EWB Top 25 Albums Results

Scruffy The Janitor

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two Metallica tracks in the top 3.....expected at EWB. I was suprised when I worked it all out that a Metallica album didn't take out number 1. EWB are Metallica fanboys....myself included.

For those keeping track at home this is the full list:

23rd= The Beach Boys' Pet Sounds

23rd= The Beatles' Sgt Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band

23rd= Nirvana's In Utero

21st= Blur's Parklife

21st= Smashing Pumpkin's Siamese Dream

18th= Led Zeppelin's Led Zeppelin IV

18th= Metallica's S&M

18th= Nas's Illmatic

17th Tool's Ænima

15th= Jeff Buckley's Grace

15th= Pearl Jam's Ten

14th The Beastie Boys' Hello Nasty

13th The Beatles' The Beatles (The White Album)

12th The Notorious B.I.G.'s Ready To Die

11th Rage Against The Machine's Rage Against The Machine

09th= Nine Inch Nail's The Downward Spiral

09th= The Velvet Underground's The Velvet Underground & Nico

08th Alice In Chain's Dirt

07th The Beatles' Abbey Road

06th Nirvana's Nevermind

04th= The Beatles' Revolver

04th= Jamiroquai's Travelling Without Moving

03rd Metallica's Master Of Puppets

02nd Metallica's Metallica (The Black Album)

01st Guns N' Roses' Appetite For Destruction

I'm not keen on GnR being #1, but that isn't my place. The Black Album was probably my favorite album as a child, so I'm fond of that record, regardless of how pale in comparison it is to stuff like And Justice for All and Master of Puppets. I'm more surprised at the Jamiriquai following, just seems oddly placed in a list with a mix of a lot of stuff that seems more memorable by comparison.

Yeah but you you wanted shit like An Albatross in the top 3 and therefore I say you are pitiful.

Actually, I'm fairly sure the closest I came to anything like An Albatross in my Top 10 was "Scum" by Napalm Death. Out of the albums that made the list, I voted for Pet Sounds, Velvet Underground & Nico and Grace. I don't consider any of An Albatross' releases to be anywhere near the Top 3 albums ever, whereas Pet Sounds clearly is. The Black Album is far, far from being anywhere near, Master Of Puppets is slightly closer, but still not one of the best, and Appetite For Destruction is a great album for what it is, but certainly not the best. Outside of the top 3 or 4, I thought this was a surprisingly good list, but then it had to go and die on its arse as usual.

Well, I'd argue you'd be pushing it for a Jamiroquai album to be in the top 25, and I like them :P

Oh, and I dunno, I just don't think Appetite For Destruction is that good. I like it, don't get me wrong, but I think it's one of those albums that would have been better appreciated by me if I'd been around the scene and into music when it was released. Of all the albums I own, it isn't that high in my own personal list.

I have no real problem with Revolver being that high up, it's my favourite Beatles album, but as good as Jamiroquai is capable of being, there's no way any of his albums are Top 5 material, especially when the rest of the list contains The Velvet Underground and The Beach Boys. And Metallica shouldn't be anywhere near the top three. Black Album shouldn't be in the list at all, it's dire. Master Of Puppets is alright, but it has aged horribly, and it's all too much fret-wankering "LISTEN TO HOW METAL WE ARE! RAARGH~!" shite, and there's still no way it should be so high.