New Jay-Z album leaked

Venom

So Kingdom Come has leaked, procure it somehow and talk about it here.

In my opinion, it's a really good album. Not as amazing as I was expecting, but I had hyped it up so much in my mind beforehand that it would've been almost impossible to meet my expectations. One thing immediately noticable is how almost all of the tracks are produced by either Dre or Just Blaze. Then there's one by Kanye, the Chris Martin track, one by Swizz, and one by The Neptunes. As a result, the album has one of the most solid collection of beats I think I've ever heard. On the other hand, there's not much of a supporting cast, which is odd for such an anticipated release (Usher, Pharrell, Beyonce, Chrissette Michelle(?), John Legend, Sterling Simms(?), Ne-Yo, and Chris Martin).

But overall, I think it's definitely a solid effort. It'll be interesting to see how the upcoming Nas album compares.

Edited by Venom

Man, I fucked my edit up hard in my last post. After listening to the whole album a couple times now, "Kingdom Come" ended up being a big disappoinment for me. 5 good songs, 2 passable ones and the rest wasn't my cup of tea. It seemed like Jay got any old beats from top name producers and flowed as good as he could over them. Felt like it was lazily put together. I'd give it a 7 out of 10, Jay's lyrics saved this from being a really medicore album. That's just me though...

Decent album... I like Trouble and the one by Swizz Beats right now. Show Me What You Got has grown as a single for me... The track with Beyonce is shit I think, same goes for #2 (The first one produced by Just Blaze).

Blue Carpet Treatment is alright, Snoops style of rapping isn't really my thing, I find him rather boring... Vato was a hot song, same with Thats That Shit.. I also liked "Round Here", "Boss' Life" with Akon.. The highlight of the album by far is Imagine with Dre, that shit is deep. I hate that hyphy crap so Candy wasn't really my thing on this album...

Game's Doctor's Advocate shines more than these two.. Jay-Z matches him on his flow, but the production on Game's album is stellar.

Even better than these three albums though is Tech N9ne.. People sleep on this guy IMO and his flow tops all three of the above. There's not one song on his album, Everready: The Religion" that I don't like...

Also, 2Pac - Pacs Life, the clean version has leaked... And while you can't really rate a clean version, I still feel it's going to be a disappointment... Still Nas, Young Buck, and Eminem to go.. I think as far as rap releases, it'll go the following for this quarter:

Tech N9ne

Game

Young Buck / Jay-Z

Nas

Eminem

Snoop

2Pac

Decent album... I like Trouble and the one by Swizz Beats right now. Show Me What You Got has grown as a single for me... The track with Beyonce is shit I think, same goes for #2 (The first one produced by Just Blaze).

Blue Carpet Treatment is alright, Snoops style of rapping isn't really my thing, I find him rather boring... Vato was a hot song, same with Thats That Shit.. I also liked "Round Here", "Boss' Life" with Akon.. The highlight of the album by far is Imagine with Dre, that shit is deep. I hate that hyphy crap so Candy wasn't really my thing on this album...

Game's Doctor's Advocate shines more than these two.. Jay-Z matches him on his flow, but the production on Game's album is stellar.

Even better than these three albums though is Tech N9ne.. People sleep on this guy IMO and his flow tops all three of the above. There's not one song on his album, Everready: The Religion" that I don't like...

Also, 2Pac - Pacs Life, the clean version has leaked... And while you can't really rate a clean version, I still feel it's going to be a disappointment... Still Nas, Young Buck, and Eminem to go.. I think as far as rap releases, it'll go the following for this quarter:

Tech N9ne

Game

Young Buck / Jay-Z

Nas

Eminem

Snoop

2Pac

Snoops album is hot,too. Game's is good,but you can tell that he has almost no song making abilities. Like anything 50 and Dre would make. It's still good though. I'm looking forward to the Clipse's album the most. It's been getting high ratings so I might have to see what the fuss is about.