Top 50 Actors

I'm not fussed over any of these folks making the list, some I don't care for though.

I love Liam Neeson, Rob Roy is a great film, and absolutely underrated. He's brilliant in his role, and he even makes a ten minute role as Priest Valon in Gangs of New York entertaining.

Bill Murray is great, and I was impressed with him even more after learning most of his lines used in movies come directly from him. Caddy Shack and Kingpin are two of the greatest comedies I have ever seen.

Steve Buscemi is probably one of the best secondary character actors I have ever seen. He seems to have found a great niche as the second or third leading role, but isn't typically cast as "the guy".

I'll also agree with Zero, I love Campbell, but he doesn't deserve such a high ranking, let alone being on the list.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

<center>

25: Adam Sandler

adam-sandler01.jpg

32 movies and TV appearances including Happy Gilmore, The Wedding Singer, Mr Deeds

Hamster's opinion: Some very funny films mix with some of the worst films ever made (Little Nicky, Waterboy). Still, on his form Sandler's one of the best comic actors. Probably not top 50 living actor though.

24: Harvey Keitel

701799_10.jpg

113 movies and TV appearances including Reservoir Dogs, Taxi Driver and The Piano

Hamster's opinion: Hardworking, clearly a talented actor and some memorable roles, but sorry, just can't get a hard on for him. Still should be on the list.

23: Sean Connery

sean-connery-1.jpg

89 movies and TV appearances including most of the best James Bond movies and The Rock

Hamster's opinion: Deserves to be on the list for Bond alone, but other than that, some great movies have unfortuantely mingled with some pretty stinky ones (Extraordinary Gentlemen).

22: Leonard Di Caprio

leonardo-dicaprio-biography1.jpg

29 movies and TV appearances including Gangs Of New York, The Aviator and The Departed (blasphemy)

Hamster's opinion: Improving with age and proving that he's actually a very talented actor. Definitely top 50, maybe not this high...

21: George Clooney

george_clooney_10.jpg

61 movies and TV appearances including Syriana, O Brother Where Art Thou and Solaris

Hamster's opinion: Ignore Batman and Oceans Eleven/Twelve and you've got one of THE best quality working actors right now. Fully deserving of his place and no doubt history may place him even higher!

</center>

Adam Sandler, awesome. I'm a big fan.

I loved him in Wedding Singer, Billy Madison, Happy Gilmour, Water Boy, 8 Crazy Nights and Anger Management. Little Nicky, I try to forget that one happened. And Sandler's improving with time. His acting in Punch Drunk Love is supposed to be one of his best performances, never saw it though. I really felt he's improved with dramas, such as Spanglish and Click. I can't wait for his upcoming drama, looks good.

Happy about the other 4 making the list also. All good actors here. Leonard Di Caprio was very good in What's Eating Gilbert Grape.