Metal Gear Solid 4: Sons Of The Patriots

Guest Tequilla Rockin' Bird

I searched two pages (Yes, a whole two pages) for another thread on this topic with the search feature and found nothing, so I thought I'd go ahead and start this. Now, you've probably all seen the trailors for it on youtube and such, and so had I, I thought I'd seen it all untill I came across this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LMs_Nc-U9Y

Throughout the trailor the old guy seems to be Snake rapidly aged (Other trailors suggest that too when he meets up with Campbell & Naomi in a chopper). But then, at the end, a younger looking Snake turns up... So what the fuck? Any theories anyone?

Hideo Kojima fucked around with the MGS2 trailor when that came out (Keeping Raiden a secret) so this could all be some big hoax to trick everyone.

Kojima's problem is that Metal Gear Solid is always one of the most eagerly awaited console releases and he's under pressure to show stuff from the game. However he also seems to love holding back as much as possibl for when people finally gets to play it. He loves mixing realism (making sure the guards carry their guns properly and back eachother up realistically) with kooky touches (knocking the breasts of the girl in the poster makes her alert guards for example) and he likes to keep as much of that a secret as possible, and who can blame him.

Therefore I'd guess that this latest trailer is showing the bare minimum, especially with regards to gameplay. So get excited about it all, but don't take it as truth.

Anyways I'm more excited about: http://uk.psp.ign.com/objects/783/783630.html , http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/749/749133p1.html

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops - a real time MGS for the PSP with fully voiced cutscenes and multiplayer. It's set six years after Snake Eater with Naked Snake (Big Boss) and shows where he meets Roy Campbell, establishment of Outer Heaven and founding of FOXHOUND. There will also be loads of side missions to carry out alongside the main mission.

Apparantly by looking for WiFi connections whilst playing the game creates strong and unique characters which can be recruited into Snake's personal army and used in later missions - so something to do on the bus as it drives past fast food restaurants and coffee shops with wireless connections.

You can then bring your forces into a battle against another person's forces - either a 'mock' battle where those died come back to life again after playing, or a real battle where anyone killed in the game is removed from your roster.

IGN has given it 9/10.

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

I also want Portable Ops (hopefully receiving it for Christmas).

Now as for a theory on the young snake thing. Some think it is his octo cam thing. Others think Snake kills himself at the end of the virtuous mission and then a clone of snake is created (with uploaded memory from snake)

I'm not sure about more cloning. I'd like to think that the old Snake is Big Boss (It's not due to his meeting with Campbell and him smoking cigarettes and not cigars). The new Snake probably has nothing to do with the game and Kojima is just throwing it in to confuse everyone.

There's a video of the old Snake sitting in a building putting a gun in his mouth aswell to top himself, fuck knows what that's all about.

He looks like the clean-shaven Snake from MGS1 (or Twin Snakes). Big Boss apparently died at Zanzibar Land along with Gray Fox. They bought Gray Fox back to life through gene-therapy so I don't see why they couldn't of bought Big Boss back in some form. Big Boss will feature somewhere, even if it's just his remains.

Liquid's in the game, he's completely taken over Ocelot's body and become Liquid Ocelot. That's been confirmed

This game is one of the only reasons that I want a PS3. I don't care about Final Fantasy, or Devil May Cry. But I love Metal Gear Solid. They're always phenomenal games.

By the way, it's Guns of the Patriots. Not Sons of the Patriots.

The cloning process meant the Snakes had different age cycles, yes? Thats why Solidus seemed a lot older than Solid and Liquid, and the reason Snake is old in this game is because the cloning stuff is catching up with him, as far as I understood it. There's been videos of old Snake injecting himself with something to fight off the process, so is it not possible that the young snake in that video is the same game, and that the injection reverses the process somewhat? It'd be rather weird but I could see Kojima having Snake age during the game >_>

I think Snake will die in this game and we'll be left with Raiden (Who looks badass in the new game).

EDIT: This is from the MGS book The Art Of Metal Gear Solid. To show that Big Boss' remains DO exist

Deadbigboss.JPG

Edited by Tequilla Rockin' Bird