Passionate Songs

Dingle

The Streets; Dry Your Eyes

I don't know... he sound sincerely passionate in the song. Sounds pretty real to me.

Bloc Party; Modern Love & So Here We Are

Two of my favorite songs ever, both by a classic band. Too bad their newer stuff isn't as good.

I'll definately give you those, Dry Your Eyes is the kinda song that sounds corny but it really does sum it all up at the end of the day.

Forget her by Jeff Buckley. Its the most heartfelt song I've ever heard, just the way he sings it is amazing. When I am in the wrong mood it almost brings me to tears, its just that damn good.

And Letter To Dana by Sonata Arctica. I dunno why on that one either though ¬_¬

One of the best, corniest songs ever.

I typically don't get into music much, but there are a few songs that I have on my Ipod that I still listen to about 17 billion times.

Ne-Yo 'Sexy Love' This dude is awesome, even though I probably butchered the f*ck out of his name. . I'm probably gonna get flamed for saying it, but its true. I have his album, and love literally every song. Coming from someone who has extremely finkle taste in music, that is an accomplishment. This is his best song without question.

Hinder's 'Lips of an Angel' This is actually my 'secret weapon' song. Play it for a girl, and watch them melt. I can't figure it out actually, since the song is about cheating. I guess they hear Lips and Angel, and just tune out the rest. I dunno. I just know it works... at least for me. Plus I saw them LIVE and they aren't that bad, not great, but not bad.

All American Rejects "It Ends Tonight" For a rock group that is about as pop as Nickelback, this song stands out as something that I could actually hear Coldplay or U2 do. It doesn't make me change my idea about the band, but at least I do like this song. Maybe more of this, and less of 'Dirty Little Secret'.

Mario Vazquez 'Gallery' I actually heard this song before it was released from a cousin who works for a radio station in LA, and I loved it from the very begining. I doubt this cat will do anything else, but that doesn't changn the fact I like this song.

Rasical Flatt 'What Hurts the Most' I normally hold a grudge agaisnt country, and admittingly won't give anything a chance if I hear the words 'country', but I was able to catch this song before I realized they were a country band. The singer has a very unique voice, and it works for this song. Not great, but pretty good song.

Damn, I just read over my list and realize I let the women in my life have WAY too much control over the music I listen too. New resolution, take back control of the Ipod!

Edited by MikelSweeten

"Forget Her" by Jeff Buckley, kudos to Myke for mentioning it. I'd heard bad bootlegs of it so many times, and loved it then, but the finished version, and especially with the video, is just phenomenal. Really amazing, tear-jerking song, and one that I wish I had written. While I'm opposed to it's release, as Jeff never wanted it to be released at all, I'm so happy that it was, on a more selfish level.

"It's Cool, We Can Still Be Friends" by Bright Eyes...not an amazing song by any stretch of the imagination, but the emotion in his voice is amazing, especially when it gets towards the end, and he just gets louder and louder, he sounds just about ready to break down, and it's phenomenal.

"If You Could Read My Mind" by Johnny Cash, I love the original of this song, and really didn't like Cash's the first time I heard it. His voice was a little too fragile, a little too unreliable in places. But the more I listen to it, the more perfect it seems, and I adore it.

"Brick" by Ben Folds Five...whether you take it to be about abortion or about a break-up, either way it's fucking amazing stuff. I love it.

"Rainy Night In Soho" by The Pogues, it just is, alright? >_>

There are hundreds more, but they'll do for now.