The Mafia Discussion Thread

This is just going to be a test-run, I think. If it becomes a regular thing, I reckon we'll have to make it on a weekend.

Just so I have a better idea how to proceed, how many people are going to be around/willing to play for an hour or so in, say, three hours from now?

3 hours from now I will still be at work.....3 hours and 45 minutes however.....

Simpsons has been done. MPH did it. So you'll have to go argue with him over doing one of your own <_<

And the Mafia Runners make the roles, with the sole exception of You Pick :)

Guest Mr. Potato Head

1) I'll be around from 6:30 EST on, I'll play if you need someone but I'll sit out if I'd be in the way.

Would anyone play a Simpsons mafia?

Oh and do people make up ability's themselves? Just a question or is there a genarator that helps you make them?

2) There've already been two Simpsons games, generally it's good to check with the people who've done them before.

3) People make up abilities themselves, often based on what they've seen in other games.

4) Friendly word of warning: you might think it looks like fun to run a mafia game, but to do it properly will require a ton of work to make sure it's fun and well-balanced and you don't get a reputation as somebody who runs shit games. :)

1) I'll be around from 6:30 EST on, I'll play if you need someone but I'll sit out if I'd be in the way.

Would anyone play a Simpsons mafia?

Oh and do people make up ability's themselves? Just a question or is there a genarator that helps you make them?

2) There've already been two Simpsons games, generally it's good to check with the people who've done them before.

3) People make up abilities themselves, often based on what they've seen in other games.

4) Friendly word of warning: you might think it looks like fun to run a mafia game, but to do it properly will require a ton of work to make sure it's fun and well-balanced and you don't get a reputation as somebody who runs shit games. :)

Ok, Thanks for that. I might watch a few games to see what they are like before making one. I'll think up an original game if I will do one. Once again thanks :)

Guest adameast

Current plan (all times EST)...

7:30-ish: sign-ups open, once we get nine players: game starts.

9:00: if game's still going, anyone that wants out to catch WWE can go.

So this is 12.30am BST?

Ok, Thanks for that. I might watch a few games to see what they are like before making one. I'll think up an original game if I will do one. Once again thanks :)

Very much this, I had a LOT of fun running Ocean's 11 mafia, and apart from one minor mishap in a night write up, it was a good game, and then I ran Friends.

After which people forgot all about Oceans mafia and I'm now just known as a shit game runner. <_<

Queue comments about Friends mafia being 1000x better than my play