WWF 2002: The Brand Extension

IDOL

Smackdown

Nice little opening promo from Jericho and Triple H here. Not sure how I feel on the whole wrestling rulebook thing as that was something he used in WCW when he dropped the WCW Cruiserweight Championship to Dean Malenko. That whole conspiracy thing about him being screwed, so WWE using it 4 years later doesn't really sit well with me. I would have loved for Triple H to say "There was actually doubt" about him not showing up, but ah well.

Damn it! You're holding Stasiak and Saturn back. I knew it. The glass ceiling is working against these guys. Hardcore and Val (I do like them) team up and attack The Dudleys and all of a sudden they're getting shots and all that. Damn the glass ceiling! At least they pick up the win here, and then Albert turns on Scotty. He works better as a heel anyway. As long as he's built as a monster. Though he might have been a good guy to go up against The Laughing Man, or hell, even Brock Lesnar.

Nice segment once again with Regal attempting to get out of his match, and Jericho coming in. This actually makes me think that Flair is in on it, but this is a way to make everyone wonder if he really is. Despite this I don't think Triple H is losing the title.

Meh. The Cruiserweight title just seems to be there at the moment. I know you guys are trying to build something with Spike and Crash, but I'm just not feeling it. Tajiri does make a badass champ though. I've always loved Tajiri since his days in ECW.

Good way to keep Angle on the show, but not actually wrestling. Provides a nice comedy moment with the two men.

Once again Regal does what he needs to do to keep the title. Unfortunately it seems you're booking it the way that sooner or later Henry is going to the kind of match he needs to win the title. UGH! Regal forever!

I like the whole women's division in this diary, despite what RK may have said :shifty: You've done a good way of seperating the divas from Jaqueline and Jazz who really should never be lumped into that category. They're both viscious and actually great wrestlers. Ivory and Trish are good too, but they've still got that diva factor so it's great to see that work. Reading the aftermath of the match got me thinking. How scary would it be to actually be in a move like this, where you know there is nothing to do until you literally pass out. it's pretty close to drowning in a vehicle or something. You know it's coming, and there's nothing you could do about it *shudders* Sorry, got a bit side tracked there.

Tag match seemed just kind of throw together, but at least the right men won, so it's not all bad.

The only thing that could have made this scene better would be for after the beat down on APA, the camera caught Funaki putting the chips he'd won in his pocket and sneaking away.

Wow, a 67% quality for the main event? Is Triple H injured in game? I know diary wise he's hurting, but damn, that seems awful low for a Jericho/Triple H match. So you didn't go for the screwjob which seemed quite obvious, so it's nice to see that. Triple H retains, but I'm calling that he loses it at Judgement Day. There's only so many odds he can overcome.

Overall I think this was one of the better shows that this diary has seen. There were so many things I liked, and not much I really didn't, except the Jericho thing but ah well, WWF may have actually done this at the time if they'd thought of it so I can let that go.

Raw:

Damn, how in the hell did I forget about Molly. Damn she was hot. I miss Molly............oh, sorry. But yeah, it was a good match, with Jazz picking up the win. She needed it and Molly didn't really lose any credibility from this loss so it works out.

I know you're trying to get over people's speech and such, but honestly I wasn't a fan of The Undertaker speaking. I'm being kind of picky on these things but I don't think The Undertaker talks like "You want me to screw'im"" He's usually quite well spoken at this time and basically pronounces every letter that needs to, so cutting them off just makes it sound weird to me. Same with another promo that I'll mention in a few minutes.

Ehhh, Battle of the Frogsplashes again? We'll see where it goes.

Eddie picks up the win, but it's not a huge win or anything. Looks like we'll be seeing him against RVD which is always good, but that needs to be pushed a bit more.

Brock vs Rikishi works for a battle of the big man. Someone a bit bigger for Brock to basically run over, but that's what he needs at this point to get him over, so I'm all for that.

Yeah, another match that I just wasn't interested in. A backdrop to build the Hogan/Austin match, and the Austin/Hogan/Kane vs nWo feud is getting tired really.

Finally there's a Hardcore champion that you're looking to build up. Not sure he should have went over Raven again, but if that's the way it needs to be then fine, but damn. Morrus ia tough, but agile man. He could do well in this division, or any division for that matter.

This was the other promo I mentioned above where some things just seemed out of place. "I ain't gonna lose" just didn't seem like Hunter at all. It reminded me more of Austin than anyone. One thing I always like about reading interviews in the diaries is if I can hear them in my head, and this time I wasn't hearing Triple H.

Tag Team Hype! Okay

Main event was really what it expected. Vince takes Undertakers advice and attempts to screw Triple H. Doesn't work, much like I expected, and Vince gets pedigreed, Triple H wins and all is right with the world. So now there's a 6 pack challenge for the ppv. Wonder who his opponents are going to be I'd expect Nash to be one, but other than that, it's a mystery to me.

Now I don't want to seem harsh because I really love the diary, but opposite of Smackdown, this was probably the worst show you've posted. There wasn't much that worked for me outside of the women's match.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WORLD WRESTLING FEDERATION

A Quick Look at Things; Heading into May:

**KEY**

NAME = Worker debuted or returned to Television during grading period

[-#] = Indicates worker lost overness, and how much during the grading period

[+#] = Indicates worker gained overness, and how much during grading period

+Name = Indicates worker has undergone a name change during the grading period

Face*, Heel* = Indicates that a worker has "turned" during grading period.

World Title Holders:

WWF Undisputed World Championship: (92 image [-8]) Triple H (91 Over [-4], Face)

Defeated Chris Jericho, 17 March, 2002.

WWF World Women's Championship: (54 image [-6]) Jazz (54 Over [+1], Heel)

Defeated Trish Stratus, 04 February, 2002.

WWF World Tag Team Championship: (72 image [+2]) Billy (73 Over [+3], Heel) & Chuck (73 Over [+3], Heel)

Defeated Spike Dudley and Tazz, 21 February, 2002.

The RAW Brand:

RAW Owner: Vince McMahon - 98 Over [-2], Heel

Raw Brand Exclusive Title Holders:

WWF Intercontinental Championship: (84 image [+4]) Rob Van Dam

Defeated William Regal, 17 March, 2002.

WWF Hardcore Championship: (54 [+4]) The Laughing Man

Defeated Raven, 22 April, 2002.

Big Bossman - 60 Over, Heel

Brock Lesnar - 65 Over [+5], Heel

Bubba Ray Dudley - 75 Over, Face

Diamond Dallas Page - 81 Over [-2], Face

D'LO BROWN - 62 Over, Face

D-Von Dudley - 73 Over, Face

EDDIE GUERRERO - 72 Over, Tweener

Godfather - 67 Over [-1], Face

Goldust - 72 Over, Heel

Hardcore Holly - 60 Over [+3], Heel

Hulk Hogan - 94 Over [-6], Face

Justin Credible - 51 Over, Heel

Kane - 80 Over, Face

Kevin Nash - 86 Over [-7], Heel

Matt Hardy - 72 Over, Face

Maven - 67 Over [-3], Face

Molly Holly - 60 Over, Face

Mr. Perfect - 72 Over, Heel

Paul Heyman - 80 Over, Heel

Raven - 66 Over [-1], Heel

Rikishi - 75 Over, Face

Rob Van Dam - 84 Over [-6], Face

Scott Hall - 92 Over, Heel

Stacy Keibler - 75 Over, Face

Stephanie McMahon - 85 Over, Heel

Steve Austin - 94 Over [-4], Face

Steven Richards - 50 Over, Heel

Terri - 60 Over, Face

+THE LAUGHING MAN - 56 Over [+4], Tweener*

Tommy Dreamer - 64 Over [+1], Heel

Undertaker - 85 Over [-7], Heel

Val Venis - 69 Over, Heel*

X-Pac - 66 Over [+1], Heel

Tag Teams:

The Dudley Boyz - 100 Exp., Face

Hardcore Holly and Val Venis - 0 Exp., Heel

Scott Hall and Kevin Nash - 100 Exp., Heel

Scott Hall and X-Pac - 71 Exp., Heel

Stables:

The New World Order: Kevin Nash, Scott Hall and X-Pac

The Smackdown Brand:

Smackdown Owner: Ric Flair - 98 Over [+2], Face

Smackdown Brand Exclusive Title Holders:

WWF European Championship: (71 [+6]) William Regal

Defeated Diamond Dallas Page, 21 March, 2002.

WWF Cruiserweight Championship: (51 [-4]) Tajiri

Defeated Billy Kidman, 22 October, 2001

Al Snow - 75 Over [+5], Face

Albert - 71 Over [+4], Heel*

Big Show - 82 Over, Face

Billy Kidman - 58 Over [+10], Face

Booker T - 79 Over, Heel

Bradshaw - 72 Over, Face

Chavo Guerrero - 53 Over, Heel

Chris Jericho - 96 Over [+4], Heel

Christian - 81 Over [+10], Heel

Crash Holly - 55 Over, Heel

Edge - 85 Over, Face

Faarooq - 72 Over, Face

Funaki - 55 Over [+5], Face

Hurricane - 75 Over, Face

Ivory - 47 Over [+1], Tweener

Jacqueline - 44 Over [+4], Heel*

Jeff Hardy - 75 Over [-2], Face

Kurt Angle - 91 Over [-3], Heel

Lance Storm - 71 Over, Heel

Lita - 70 Over, Face

Mark Henry - 70 Over, Face

Perry Saturn - 62 Over [+3], Face

+Planet Stasiak - 55 Over [+4], Face*

Scotty 2 Hotty - 69 Over [-1], Face

Spike Dudley - 63 Over, Face

Tajiri - 51 Over, Face

Test - 72 Over, Heel

The Rock - 100 Over, Face

Torrie Wilson - 70 Over, Face

Trish Stratus - 75 Over, Face

William Regal - 77 Over [-5], Heel

Tag Teams:

APA (Faarooq and Bradshaw) - 82 Exp., Face

Christian and Lance Storm - 25 Exp., Heel

Perry Saturn and Planet Stasiak - 0 Exp., Face

Stables:

The Canadian Trio - Christian, Lance Storm and Test

SDlogo.png

WWF SMACKDOWN RESULTS - THURSDAY 02, MAY 2002

Smackdown hits the air with a video package that highlights last weeks monumental Undisputed Title rematch between Chris Jericho and Triple H. The footage shows that Ric Flair's involvement inadvertantly led to Triple H nailing Jericho with the pedigree and and retaining the title much to Y2J's dismay. Following the highlight package, the standard opening ensues. The Smackdown logo burts onto the screen, the pyro ignites and Tazz and Michael Cole welcome everyone to the show.

1 - CHRISTIAN AND LANCE STORM VERSUS THE APA (FAAROOQ & BRADSHAW)

Kicking off the evening right with action, the first bout of the night saw the team of Christian and Lance Storm taking on the duo whose Poker Table they flipped over last week, the APA, Faarooq and Bradshaw. As pissed as you'd expect them to be after such a game was ruined, the APA hammered the heels heavily throughout the opening minutes of the bout. A clothesline from Bradshaw knocked Storm over the top rope as Faarooq planted Christian with a hard spinebuster in the center of the ring. He covered, but Christian kicked out before the count of three. It would take an unceremonious superkick to Bradshaw, from the illegal Storm to turn things into Storm and Christians favor. Christian tagged in Lance and for the next few moments the Calgary native worked over the big Texan. After a counter of another superkick attempt, Bradshaw floored Storm with a Clothesline From Hell and crawled over to his corner, reaching deep for the strength to tag in Faarooq. He did so, and the former WCW Champ hit the ring with great energy. As Storm returned to his feet, Christian attempted to get into the ring but Charles Robinson held him back. This though, was simply a wise ploy by Christian because as Robinson was distracted, Test slid into the ring and planted Faarooq eith a big boot to the face. He layed Storm on top of Faarooq and Christian let the referee return to make the count. The cheating Canadians have stolen one!

Christian and Storm def. The APA - (OR: 81%, CR: 73%, MQ: 89%, ***1/2 rating)

Collecting on the outside with Test, Storm and Christian are elated, and they should be. The look on Faarooq and Bradshaw's faces though, is enough to know that this is far from over.

2 - LARGER THAN LIFE

After a few words from Michael Cole and Tazz, who hyped the occurances in last week's main event, the "Countdown 'til Y2J" started up on the Titan Tron. Immediately the crowd began to boo as Chris Jericho made his way to the ring with a less than enthused look on his face. Jericho rolls into the ring, and demands a microphone.

Chris Jericho: Last week, the world witnessed a travesty as yours truly, was once again screwed out of MY Undisputed Title!

*Jericho hangs his head, but the fans in attendance rejoice in that fact.*

Chris Jericho: Only this time, my trusted, and loyal Jerichoholics... I was screwed by the so called "boss" here on Smackdown! Roll the footage, monkeys!

*Sure enough, the footage is played once again of the conclusion of last week's title match. Y2J rolled out of the ring and grabbed a steel chair. With Flair down, Jericho wore out the chair across Triple H's back, and then hit a lionsault! He woke Flair up, and reluctantly Flair made the count 1 - 2 - Flair saw the chair! Flair refused to count to three and picked up the chair that Jericho had discarded. The owner of Smackdown confronts Jericho, and Y2J, knowing his opportunity was slipping away each moment - slapped Flair across the face, demanding he make the count. Flair hauled off and punched Jericho in return, spinning him around and right into a kick to the gut from Triple H! The Game followed it up with The Pedigree! Flair happily slid into position and made the count, 1 - 2 - 3!!! Triple H retains*

Chris Jericho: You see that!? Right there!? Flair punched me in the face! That is a crime! If I was any less of a man, I'd sue him for every last dime he has left!

*Fuming, Y2J takes a moment and tries to control his temper.*

Chris Jericho: Flair, "boss" I want some answers, get your ass in this ring right now!

*WOOOOOOOOO!!! Just like that, the age old theme of the Smackdown owner tunes up and Ric Flair himself struts out through the curtain. The fans welcome him warmly as he makes his way to the ring. Once in he grabs a microphone of his own.*

Ric Flair: Wooooo! Jericho!... As far as I'm concerned, last week was nothin' but a little somethin' called poetic justice, pal!

Chris Jericho: Poetic justice? More like the absense of justice Flair! [getting increasingly aggressive] You layed your hands on me, who in the hell do you think you are, huh!? You think you can screw me like that!? How about I kick your ass at Judgment Day?

Ric Flair: First of all... You've already gotta opponent at Judgment Day. Second of all... I believe I'm your boss, pal!

*Flair pokes Jericho in the chest, and Y2J follows up by getting right into the Smackdown owner's face.*

Chris Jericho: Lay your hands on me again Flair! [he shoves Flair back] Lay your hands on me again!

"WEEEEEEEEELLLLLL..... WELL IT'S THE BIG SHOW!"

*Jericho's aggression soon comes to a hault as the five hundred pound Big Show heads toward the ring. Jericho lets go of Flair and squares off as Show walks up the stairs and then steps over the top rope. Jericho stares at Show... and then splits as he rolls out of the ring! The fans boo as Flair grabs the microphone back up from the canvas.*

Ric Flair: Jericho! Jericho, where are you goin', punk!? Maybe I should have informed you earlier, meet your opponent at Judgment Day.... The Big Show! WOOOOOO!!!

*Jericho looks back toward the ring with a look of horror as The Big Show raises his arm, signaling for the chokeslam as Ric Flair applauds. Jericho has a huge mountain to climb in two weeks! With that, Smackdown heads to commercial.*

Jericho vs. Big Show @ Judgment Day - 88% Rating

3 - WWF CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE MATCH - CHAVO GUERRERO VERSUS TAJIRI © W/TORRIE WILSON

As Smackdown returned from commercial break, we learned that in tonight's Main Event it would be "Y2J" Chris Jericho teaming up with Booker T to take on Edge and The Big Show! In the ring, Chavo Guerrero was hopping around energetically in the ring as he got set to challenge Tajiri for the Cruiserweight Title. With the beautiful Torrie Wilson cheering him on at ringside, the Cruiserweight Champion lit up the challenger with stinging kicks at the sound of the bell. With Chavo caught a bit off guard, Tajiri whipped him into the ropes and nearly beheaded Guerrero with a spinning heel kick. The cover only got Tajiri a two count, but planted him in firm control in the opening minutes of the bout. After catching Chavo with a kick to the side of the head once again, Tajiri spring boarded off of the second rope and onto Chavo's shoulders for a hurricanrana. The cagey Guerrero though, countered this with a powerbomb and firmly switched the match into his favor. It was then time for Chavo to work over Tajiri's legs with a vast array of technical holds, thus proving the vast arsenal of holds Chavo brings to the Cruiserweight Division here on Smackdown. As the match wore on, the two superstars exchanged control of the match back and fourth, but it was becoming painfully evident that the work being done by Chavo to Tajiri's leg was becoming too much. Tajiri could barely stand as Guerrero motioned to the crowd that he would be the new Cruiserweight Champion. After a few stiff forearms to Tajiri's back, Chavo set him up for the Gory Bomb - but Tajiri still had enough fight in him to wiggle free, and catch Chavo completely off guard with a rollup. 1, 2, 3! Guerrero had kicked out a split second after the count, but it had indeed been made! Tajiri retains after a hell of a match!

Tajiri p. Chavo Guerrero - (OR: 77%, CR: 54%, MQ: 100%, ****1/4 Rating)

The Cruiserweight title has gained in image

Following the bell, Tajiri rolls out of the ring and Torrie hands him his Championship. Meanwhile, Chavo Guerrero is freaking livid! He storms around the ring in anger, and kicks the bottom rope before shouting out some smack to Tajiri on the outside. Michael Cole insists that Chavo shouldn't be acting this way, but rather he should be damn proud of what a fine match he just put on.

4 - SHRINK RAYS AND ROCKETS

Heading backstage before commercial, the show catches up with the World Tag Team Champions Billy and Chuck as they talk with their stylist Rico.

Chuck: That's what I said, man. They're idiots...

Rico: It's just like I said Chuck, those damn Dudleys were blessed with brute strength and quick tempers but they damn sure weren't blessed with smarts!

Chuck: I know! I mean, duh... ya just blasted two guys over the backs with a steel chair... uh, speaking of backs I've gotta hell of a knot in mine. Think you can get that for me Billy?

*Putting both hands together and cracking his knuckles, Billy looks more than pleased to do the job but suddenly the threesome is interrupted by Perry Saturn and Planet Stasiak who walk into view. Stasiak has on a pair of thick black sunglasses, while Saturn now sports a set of awesome yellow full eye contacts.*

Planet Stasiak: Alright Rico, where's your shrink ray at?

*Looking appauled, Rico has no clue as to what Stasiak is talking about*

Rico: Exscuse me? [as feminine as possible] I have no idea what you're talking about... space freak!

*Suddenly, Saturn grabs Rico by the collar of his shirt forcefully. Rico is in shock, and Billy and Chuck quickly break them apart.*

Perry Saturn: We know you're a part of the Space Program, Rico! What sector are you from, huh!?

Billy: [interrupting] What in the hell are you morons talkin' about?

Planet Stasiak: We're sorry to say this guys, but Rico here is a part of an infamous Space Program... we discovered this after a "pink space rocket" was retrieved from his gym bag. Don't worry, we come in peace this time... but we will return again.

*Just like that Stasiak and Saturn walk away as Billy and Chuck look questionably at their stylist, trying not to laugh.*

Chuck: Pink rocket ship?

Billy: Rico... ?

*Blushed, Rico shrugs his shoulders and mumbles about it being his friend's as Smackdown heads to commercial break*

When in the locker room stay out of Rico's bag - 68% Rating

Planet Stasiak gained 2 points of overness.

5 - WWF EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH - WILLIAM REGAL © VERSUS MARK HENRY

The law of this feud had been set with Smackdown owner Ric Flair making it clear to European Champion William Regal that unless he lost the title or beats Mark Henry, this series of matches would continue to haunt the Brit for as long as it took. Having said that, it looked as if William Regal was dead set and driven more than ever to continue his reign as European Champion. Mark Henry made his way to the ring first, but was unexpectedly attacked by Regal from behind with a vicious chop block to the back of the knee. Regal stomped and dropped knees into the back of Henry's legs. Tazz put this over as Regal showing a "smart" technique of wrestling. Henry doesn't stay down though and powers out of a reverse chinlock from Regal. An onslaught of European uppercuts from the champion don't even faze the behemouth who tosses Regal over the top ropes with a hip toss as Smackdown cuts to a commercial.

As Smackdown returned, the beating Henry was putting on Regal was still in effect. He whipped the European Champion into the corner, and raised his arms in the air. Regal complained to the referee, then pulled him in front of his body as Henry landed a splash, crushing the referee and knocking the sense out of Regal. Henry stumbled, and tried to revive the referee while Regal rolled to the outside for a breather. With no sign of life out of the referee, Henry turned his attention back to Regal who slid into the ring with his hands loaded with the brass knucks! He swung, and blasted Henry in the head! Henry stumbled around for a second, grabbing his head but then let out a primal roar. He was pissed! Regal went to land another blow, but Henry grabbed his fist. Regal looked shocked, and in pain at the same time as Henry ripped off the knucks. He then, in a fit of rage slapped on a bearhug and squeezed the life out of Regal, shaking him around viciously! After a few moments of struggling, Regal grew limp. The referee finally got back to his feet, and after testing Regal's arm called for the bell! We have a new European Champion!

Mark Henry def. William Regal to become the NEW European Champion - - (OR: 61%, CR: 65%, MQ: 53%, * Rating)

The bell rang and the fans supported the outcome, but Henry had snapped and was not responding to the world around him. The referee ordered him to release the hold, but Henry continued to shake Regal around and squeeze his ribs. Finally, the referee counted to five and with Henry's refusal to release the hold, had no other choice but to reverse the decision!

William Regal def. Mark Henry (Reverse Decision) - (OR: 61%, CR: 65%, MQ: 53%, * Rating)

With Henry's refusal to release the hold, a slew of officials rushed to Regal's aid as Smackdown headed to commercial break.

6 – TRISH STRATUS VERSUS JACQUELINE

This women’s match saw Trish Stratus at a huge disadvantage, alone while as Jacqueline was accompanied to the ring by the Women’s champion: Jazz. Jacqueline tried to ambush Trish at the beginning, but Stratus dodged it, replying with forearms to the face. Jacqueline was whipped to the ropes and surprised with a tilt-a-whirl hurricarana on the rebound. Jackie slid to the outside to regroup herself. Trish went to the ropes and grabbed Jacqueline’s hair. Struggling, Jacqueline grabbed Trish’s arms and forced her to the outside too. Jacqueline got back in the ring and argued with the referee, all while Jazz rammed Trish back first onto the edge of the ring apron. Jacqueline went for the pin when Jazz rolled Trish back in but got a two count only. Showing her more aggressive side with relentless punches to Trish’s face, Jacqueline followed it up with the sidewalk slam – a pin again only got the two. However she spent too long getting the Toronto native up, and wound up getting Thesz Pressed moments later. Trish punched over and over again, causing Jazz to step onto the apron to try to interfere only to get clotheslined to the floor. Trish looked on at Jazz in satisfaction, only to get kicked in the stomach by Jackie returning to her feet. Jacqueline went for the swinging neckbreaker, which Trish reversed into a backslide – ONE!!! TWO!!! THR- NO!!! Trish was so close to winning! Stratus whipped Jacqueline to the corner, and propped her up onto the top turnbuckle. She took a few steps back before going for the Stratusphere!!! She hooked the legs around Jacqueline, and tried the hurricarana. Jacqueline somehow keeps hold of her. The camera shot revealed Jazz hold onto Jacqueline’s legs, giving her the extra leverage! Jacqueline used this unfair advantage to drop Trish from the second turnbuckle with a powerbomb! Jacqueline cockily pinned Trish for the three count, the Canadian had no chance of getting up after such a big move.

Jacqueline def. Trish Stratus – (OR: 57%, CR: 61%, MQ: 48%, * rating)

Jacqueline gained 2 points of overness from this match

As Jacqueline is announced the winner, Jazz enters the ring. The look of intention from both their faces is to finish the job, taking out Trish like they have with Terri and Ivory. Jazz picks up Trish and looks for a Jazz Stretch. Trish worms out of the move, delivering quick shots to both Jacqueline and Jazz to the delight of the fans. Jacqueline grabs Trish from behind. Jazz swings at her, but Trish ducks and Jackie gets the shot instead. Despite the advantage, with two powerful women in the ring wanting her blood, Trish has no choice but to escape from the ring and fight another day. Trish holds onto the back of her head as she heads up the rampway, still feeling the effects of the powerbomb. Meanwhile Jazz and Jacqueline look on, knowing they’ve got Stratus’ number.

7 – KURT ANGLE: BOOKER T’S MOUTHPIECE?!

Backstage, Kevin Kelly is in the Smackdown interview area looking at the camera.

Kevin Kelly: Ladies and gentlemen, joining me at this time… Booker T, and his manager: Kurt Angle!

*The camera pans back to reveal Booker T and Kurt Angle. Booker is dressed to wrestle, while Kurt is in his tracksuit, his arm obviously still in the sling thanks to his injury sustained at Backlash.*

Kevin Kelly: Booker, the match has been made official by Ric Flair: at Judgment Day you will face Edge. But tonight, you’re partners with Chris Jericho to face Edge and The Big Show… What are your feelings heading into these two huge matches?

*Booker goes to talk when Kurt hogs the microphone instead. Booker frowns.*

Kurt Angle: Kevin, are you some kind of freakin’ idiot? How is Booker feelin’? He’s feelin’ fine, great even; ready to kick that no-good Canadian punk Edge’s ass. Ever since Book’s hired yours truly to be his manager, he has been undefeated! In fact, thanks to my guidance, he could win the Undisputed Title right now if he wanted to, but he doesn’t. He wants to concentrate on Edge instead. [towards camera] And Edge, if ya think you’ve got a snowball in hell’s chance of defeating my client Booker T again, then you can forget it mister! He will destroy you in the ring so bad that you that you’ll release an autobiography called: “I Got My Ass Kicked By Booker, It’s True, It’s Damn True!”

Kevin Kelly: So you’re very confident you can overcome Edge, Booker?

Booker T: Lemme---

Kurt Angle: Confident? Confident?! I haven’t heard such a redundant question since: “So Kurt Angle, is it true you’re the greatest wrestler alive?” And---

Booker T: Yo man, wassup wit’ you stealin’ the microphone?

Kurt Angle: What? I’m just bein’ a great manager by doing the talkin’ for you. Bobby Heenan talked for his clients. So did Jimmy Hart, Mr Fuji ‘n everyone else!

Booker T: Man, I ain’t some six-hundred pound sumo who don’t know how t’speak English! I don’t need ya to talk for me.

Kurt Angle: [thinking] Hey there’s a damn good idea. Hear me out Book… How ‘bout you set off to Japan for a while, learn some Japanese and gain a few hundred pounds? When you come back, you’d be unstoppable!!!

Booker T: What? Man, are you crazy?

Kurt Angle: It’s just an idea!

Booker T: Y’know what? Let’s just go get this match over with… C’mon man!

*Booker T exits the interview area. The camera zooms in close to Kurt’s face, who doesn’t seem to know how to react to Booker storming off, as Smackdown goes to a commercial break.*

Kurt Angle talks for Booker and other crazy stuff – 84% rating

8 – SCOTTY TOO HOTTY VERSUS ALBERT

The Smackdown “Slam of the Week” was Albert turning on Scotty Too Hotty last week, setting up this upcoming match. As Albert made his entrance, Tazz and Michael Cole seemed sickened at the sight of Albert’s thick body hair. In the midst of “shave your back” chants from the crowd, Albert laid the boots to Scotty Too Hotty in the ring, stomping a mudhole in the corner. He whipped Scotty to the opposite corner and flattened him with a splash. Scotty stumbled out of the corner, favouring his ribs, turning around straight into a huge Gorilla Press Slam. Albert followed it up with a pinfall that turned out to be a choke hold, one Albert only let go of at the count of 4.999. Albert taunted the fans as he picked up Scotty. Scotty surprised Albert with a punch to the gut. He optimistically ran to the ropes – only to run into a sickening Pump Kick from the big man. Albert made the pinfall, and picked up the easy victory.

Albert def. Scotty Too Hotty – (OR: 65%, CR: 67%, MQ: 63%, ** rating)

Albert debuted his new gimmick (Bad Ass) and got a positive response

After the match, Albert picks up Scotty Too Hotty with one hand. He executes the Baldo Bomb, keeping Scotty choking in mid-air for several seconds before slamming him to the canvas with huge impact. As Albert walks away, laughing at his victim, Michael Cole wonders just what the hell has gotten into the former Hip Hop Hippo…

9 – STICKING TOGETHER FOR THE SAKE OF SURVIVAL

Smackdown goes from one of its ugliest sights in Albert to one of its most beautiful: Lita. She is stood in the locker room with Jeff Hardy, laughing and joking with him.

Lita: Matt really did that?!

Jeff Hardy: Yeah. The trampoline snapped in half and he was in hospital for weeks with a broken leg.

Lita: Awwww poor Matt! [ready to leave] Speaking of which, I should go call him.

Jeff Hardy: Okay… Oh! Before I forget, I got somethin’ for you. I saw it when I was shopping today and thought you’d love it!

*Jeff rummages through his sports bag and produces some sort of weird springy toy skull. It’s already obvious from its gothic yet unserious looking nature that Lita will love it. She smiles, taking the object.*

Lita: Oh wow! Thanks Jeff, I love these things!

*Lita admires it before looking at Jeff; their eyes connect with each other at the same time… Their smiles fade, an awkward silence follows until a knock on the door puts an end to it. Lita looks at the door to see Trish Stratus entering. Lita doesn’t look pleased to see her.*

Lita: Oh... hey Trish. What do you want?

Trish Stratus: Hey Lita... look, I know we haven’t been exactly the best of friends recently… Well, ever thinking about it. But I’m here to ask for a favour… I need your help.

Lita: You want my help? With what?

Trish Stratus: As you’ve probably seen, Jazz and Jacqueline… They’ve been on a rampage recently. I mean, they're taking out us Divas. Ivory last week, and now they're trying to take me out! I’ve tried, but fighting two crazed women like them by myself is impossible. Please… I need your to help.

Lita: Look, I’m sorry Trish, but you haven’t been in my good books since the damage you did at the end of last year. Or don’t you remember how you flirted with my boyfriend?!

Trish Stratus: We all have to live with mistakes we’ve done, and if I could turn back time then I would’ve prevented what happened, honestly. But trust me Lita, right now there’s more pressing issues. If Jazz and Jacqueline take me out while its two on one, then they will more than likely move onto you and do the same. If we work together we can even the sides and make sure their path of destruction ends. What do you say?

Lita: Look Trish… I’ll think about it…

Trish Stratus: Okay.

*Trish nods understandably. Staying emotionless, she exits the room. Lita looks on with indecision written all over her face. Jeff re-enters the camera shot behind Lita, feeling concern for her potential situation.*

Trish tries to recruit Lita in her fight about Jazz/Jacqueline – 66% rating

10 – PAINT THE TOWN RED WITH YOUR BLOOD

Elsewhere in a corridor backstage, the European champion: William Regal is the happiest we’ve ever seen him! (Despite his sore ribs) He is walking past random people, hugging them, simply delighted. He’s even pleased to see Kevin Kelly as he approaches him.

Kevin Kelly: William Regal, tonight you defeated Mark Henry… But it must be said, it was under controversial circumstances!

William Regal: Who bloody cares?! Tony Chimel announced me as the winner; I don’t have to face that toerag Henry anymore. I’m so delighted; I’m going down to the local pub to drink so much lager. Everybody’s invited to celebrate with me, even you Kevin Kelly!

Kevin Kelly: Why thank you----

Mark Henry: REGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Suddenly, Mark Henry appears from out of nowhere, tackling Regal to the ground. Henry sits on Regal’s chest, crushing the European champ as he punches him in the face relentlessly. The referees and road agents are very quick to react, getting The World Strongest Man off Regal (albeit with great struggle). Pushing him backwards, Mark Henry doesn’t look like he’s finished yet.*

Mark Henry: I’m gonna get you and your belt Regal!!!

*As Henry is forced away, Regal sits up, holding onto his head as blood begins to trickle down it. Off the champ’s scared look, Smackdown goes to its final commercial of the night.*

Mark Henry’s rampage continues in the backstage area – 71% rating

11 – BIG SHOW & EDGE VS. CHRIS JERICHO & BOOKER T (W/ KURT ANGLE)

The main event saw Big Show and Edge team up once again, this time to face the pairing of Chris Jericho and Booker T. Edge and Y2J began in the ring, locking in a collar and elbow tie-up that led into a sequence of arm-bars, flips and various takedowns. When the two finished, they froze and the crowd clapped in appreciation. Jericho mocked this clapping, and wound up victim to a spinning heel kick for his troubles. Jericho got up, ducked a clothesline and did a back suplex. Edge however landed on his feet and executed the Edge-O-Matic. He went for the pin, but only got a two. Instead of carrying on, he tagged in The Big Show instead. Y2J looked up at his Judgment Day opponent in fear, causing him to flee, tagging in Booker, who looks in shock himself that he has to face this behemoth again. Kurt Angle yelled at him to enter the ring, so he did. One grapple later and Book found himself in the opposite corner, turned inside out from Show pushing him. Booker stood in the corner and was squashed by a clothesline. Slumped, he was easy target practice for a couple of humongous slaps to the chest. Show hiptossed Book into the centre of the ring and executed a large legdrop. He went for the pin, but somehow only got the two. With Book looking in trouble, Kurt Angle (like last week) got onto the ring apron to cause a fuss. Kurt dodged Show’s punch. Big Show turned around into a Harlem Sidekick… Which he caught. He lifted Booker high into the air and slammed him to the ground. Show then tagged out to Edge.

Edge climbed onto the top rope, waited for Booker to stand before landing a huge spear. He went for a pin: ONE!!! TWO!!! But Chris Jericho ran in. Y2J took more action than interrupting the pinfall – ramming Edge shoulder first into the ringpost. As the referee ordered Jericho out, Booker raked Edge in the eyes and (slowly due to Show’s assault) executed the Harlem Sidekick! He did the Spinaroonie before tagging out to Jericho. Jericho’s first action was to cockily pin Edge, a foot on his chest – but he obviously didn’t get the three. After a few moments of punching and kicking, Y2J taunted the fans, proclaiming: “I’m the king of the world!” He tagged back out to Booker. With Kurt annoyingly yelling support at his supposed client, Booker T did an Alabama Slam-type move, linking it with a knee drop to the face. Picking Edge up, he tagged in Jericho. With Booker holding Edge up, Y2J headed to the top rope and flew with a Missile Dropkick. Edge moved out of the way however, causing Jericho and Booker to crash messily on the ground. Chris quickly recovered, standing up only to receive a spear!!! Edge crawled over to Big Show and made the tag! Once again Jericho saw Show approach him. Big Show took Chris Jericho and wrapped his hand around his neck, signaling a chokeslam. Y2J however elbowed his way out of the predicament and… Walked away?!? With Angle in disbelief at ringside, the former and inaugural Undisputed Champion didn’t want a piece of Big Show, heading up the ramp and out of the arena. This left Booker alone with Edge and The Big Show… An Impaler DDT and chokeslam later, the match was over!

Big Show & Edge def. Chris Jericho & Booker T – (OR: 81%, CR: 84%, MQ: 75%, *** rating)

With Booker T knocked out in the centre of the ring, Big Show and Edge celebrate a huge win. Show eyes down Jericho as he finally reaches the backstage area. Meanwhile at ringside, Kurt Angle looks extremely disappointed.

As Show and Edge continue their celebrations, Smackdown goes off the air.

Quick Results:

- Christian and Lance Storm def. The APA

- Tajiri p. Chavo Guerrero (Cruiserweight Title)

- William Regal def. Mark Henry (Reverse Decision) (European Title)

- Jacqueline p. Trish Stratus

- Albert p. Scotty 2 Hotty

- Big Show and Edge def. Booker T and Chris Jericho

The Numbers:

Overall Show Rating: 70%, Television Rating: 5.90, Attendance: 8002

Edited by What about IDOL!?

I'm going to keep the shows other than the last one brief, so here goes for Raw April 22nd...

Everyone segment had a purpose and that was something I liked, one thing that I can pick up from the show is the Raven interview. I think you took the stereotypical Raven route rather than what he actually does. Raven isn't - or at least doesn't come across as - Einstein, he doesn't use big words just for the sake of using them, he is more well-read than anything, making several references to pop culture. If you've ever watch Lost, Raven is in a way like Sawyer, in that he makes a large amount of references to media ("they've all gone Lord of the Flies" being one example) and despite being incredibly intellectual, doesn't overdo it. Other than the Raven part, however, I felt it was a great show that leads well into the next week. B+

Loved this SmackDown! not a thing wrong with it, only thing was, nothing of major excitement happened either. Everything written and booked was solid and logical, however there was nothing ground-breaking to make the show really stand out. Really enjoyed some of the segments though, especially Booker and Angle's. A-

Now this was a quality Raw. Albeit the woman's match didn't interest me, but it was only logical it was there, and the rest of the card was superb, everything from the main event to Eddie vs. Matt, the promos and interviews were spot on and extremely entertaining. There is one gripe I had with this show, The Undertaker didn't sound right. Otherwise, possibly one of the best TV shows anyone on EWB has ever produced, but the Undertaker stopped it being A*. A+

SmackDown! Review:

Eh, The APA are beginning to look weak in this feud, even though it's barely begun. Alright it was a cheap win, but still, the APA should be bad-ass. Not a good start to SmackDown!

The Big Show... What a surprise. I'd like to have seen it be someone original rather than the usual Big Show or Kane, but whatever, the writing was good and to be honest, The Big Show is who the 'E would have picked. Not particularly exciting television, but realistic, I'll give you that.

I really can't find myself caring about the cruiserweight division, perhaps if they had more air-time I would, but right now it just seems like a few guys wrestling with each other, something you'd see at an indy fed with no real purpose, this match was no different.

Umm... OK. That about summarises that segment. Guess it would be good on TV... Kinda.

Just when you thought this might be over, Regal still sneaks away [well, stretchered away] with the European title. Nice way to about it, and this feud should be ready for the finale at Judgement Day.

Eh, like I've said before women's wrestling doesn't interest me, and neither did this match. I suppose it did it's job and it had to be there in a way, but maybe this should have come before the Regal match.

Bwahahaha I love these segments, absolutely love them. I think they should have their own spin-off show they're that good. Fuck Velocity, just make it these two. Loved the segment as usual, you really make me love these characters, kudos to both of you.

Last week, I couldn't give a flying crap about these two, now I do, and that's all down to you two. Good work with this feud and I'd like to see it lead to bigger things for both men.

Jeff/Lita love relationship, Trish wants to recruit Lita, two birds and one stone here. You've managed to set-up (or continue, anyway) two potential storylines in one segment, now that's good booking/writing.

You knew it wasn't all going to be over, and it isn't, I liked this segment, but to put it so close to the end of the show was a bit of a weird decision. One more thing, Regal's character doesn't come across as one who'd drink "so much lager" to be honest.

Nice ending, I can see this leading to a feud between Jericho and Booker/Angle whilst at the same time continuing Big Show/Edge. It's certainly going to be interesting regarding these 5 competitors over the coming weeks leading to Judgement Day.

All in all, not too much of an impressive SmackDown! but some segments saved it from being terrible. A very strong B- is the score from me. Look forward to the continuation of this diary and may it last many months.

Smackdown! 02/05/02

- I always liked Christian and Storm as a team, and the same goes for Test being part of the trio. The right team won here as its clear which ones should be being pushed. Good to get Test involved for the cheap win in an all round good opening match.

- Jericho vs Show at JD should be a good match as I've aways wanted to see a proper feud between the pair. Hopefully this will lead to what seems to be an unavoidable feud between Flair and Jericho around summertime. Hopefully you'll handle that in a bit more of an interesting manner than real life. Until then Show/Jericho will do me just fine :P

- The cruiser match was spot on, and as you put it afterwards 'one hell of a match' Two of the better cruisers from around this time so it'll be nice if you keep these two involved with each other as I don't recall them ever having a proper series of matches IRL.

- I continue to love the whole Saturn/Stasiak thing. Great comedy stuff using two guys who went to waste in the WWE (Even though Im only really a Saturn fan and can't stand Stasiak, but you've made me care). Billy and Chuck are still champs arent they? A nice tag feud to go on here, hopefully you'll keep it at these two teams and have Bubba/D-Von/Val/Hardcore feud seperatly on RAW for now. Maybe bring them all together in a month or so.

- I totally mark for Mark in your diary, which is good 'cos that must mean you write him well as a face. He was so close dammit, if not for his temper he would have taken the title from Regal. He just HAS to become European Champion, even if its just for a short while. Regal is still the ultimate Euro champ though.

- Womens is getting a little mroe interesting, but I still dont really care. Good that your developing it a little though, needs Lita to freshen it up a little I reckon. I like what your going to be doing with Angle/Booker... don't know if its a legit injury, or a work but either way they can do gold with each other.

- Gotta love heel Albert, I always had high hopes for him around 2002/3 and though he was much better than people gave him credit for... especially as its in the WWE. No surprise to see Scotty getting beat up, who cares though?

- Wow, you read my mind then? Lita it is. I like that, and although predictable I like the Jeff/Lita romance tease. Its going to happen and its obviously why you had Lita go with Jeff and not Matt in the first place.

- Good to see abit more time for Mark/Regal as its one of my favourite feuds right now, Henry owns in this diary and needs a title reign soon dammit.

- Good main event which built up nicely to the matches you have planned. The finish with Jericho walking away was a nice touch and helps put Big Show over like a big beasty bitch. Jericho is clearly scared and wants no piece of him, which means if Jericho manages to pull out the win at JD, he will look all the better for it.

Another good show fellas, sorry I haven't been able to reply to every show... but I do try. Keep up the goodness.