WrestleMania PPV Poster Contest

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any takers... i would but i really dont want to withdraw mine... i know it wont win but i wanna see the comments made anyway

No Way Out/Against All Odds

/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=49694&view=findpost&p=1055304">The Prototype - 5/10

I think the main problem with this is that it's just a bit plain. There's no background to speak of, and the pictures of the four wrestlers don't have any effects on them. I haven't marked you down for it, but the pictures don't quite blend into the background either. The text used on the date isn't great either; the font is a bit dull, and I think it would have looked better as white text rather than black with a white stroke.

/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=49694&view=findpost&p=1056659">Dochappy - 7/10

I like the entry, but I think the text is again the weakpoint. Not sure why, but the font just doesn't seem to click for me, and the backlighting (I don't think that's the right term, but you know what I mean) on the text at the bottom is a bit too strong IMO. The rest of it is solid though.

/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=49694&view=findpost&p=1056719">red dragon nf - 6/10

Starting to sound like a broken record, but the next jumps out at me as weak. Again, not liking the white stroke on it. The background is a pretty simple cloud effect thing, but the placement of the cuts isn't bad.

/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=49694&view=findpost&p=1061060">Toffee Crisp - 6/10

I'm not sure about the blending on this one; I think it lacks a focal point. I see what you were going for with the placement of the Against All Odds logo, but I do think it could have been better placed. The text is simple and not too bad, though I feel it may have worked better if it were all upper case.

/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=49694&view=findpost&p=1061302">Legend_Killer - 5/10

Text, again. I don't like the font used at the top, it's a bit too gimmicky. The font used at the bottom is fine, but the glow on the NWO logo is really too strong. As for the rest of it, I don't like the way HBK is blended into the background. I think it might have worked better if he was solid, or even taken out completely. The edges of the Undertaker cut need to be blended a little more too, there's a slight outline around his hat.

/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=49694&view=findpost&p=1064867">Evansfan - 6/10

I think the problem here was creating a good background - and I did like the background - and then struggling to blend the Undertaker cut into it. I probably would have used a solid cut of The Undertaker (or even one of the other main eventers) and just tried to soften the edges. The text is really good though; simple, but effective.

/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=49694&view=findpost&p=1065625">Cole - 7/10

I liked this one, but the text at the bottom spoiled it a bit. I think the placement was awkward, and you would have been better off with a simple tagline across the very bottom of the poster. The rest of the graphic was good, though I think the background needed to be a bit darker in places to blend in with the cuts.

/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=49694&view=findpost&p=1065784">Anothername - 8/10

A very simple, but very solid poster. Not much to criticise really. The No Way Out logo might have looked better if you hadn't reversed the colours, but I do like it as it is.

/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=49694&view=findpost&p=1067370">nufan - 6/10

The obvious flaw is the text; the stroke is too thick, and the wrong colour. A simple black stroke would have looked much better IMO. The other thing that lets it down is the placement of the SmackDown logo - right over John Cena (I think)'s face. The rest of the graphic was good, but those two things brought it down.

/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=49694&view=findpost&p=1067497">AD - 9/10

Last, but definitely not least. I thought this was the best entry overall. The general look of the poster was spot on, very much fitting with the style TNA tends to use. The text was good, too. I would have moved the Abyss vs. Sting text up a shade, but that's nitpicking really. Another 9 for you, good stuff.

I'll judge the Destination X entries tomorrow. All both of them.

thanks for the votes finally lol just a quick question and i know to everyone it will sound stupid but what does IMO stand for?

Heres my mania one, i kinda re-made a banner i had done for a diary thing.. didnt see a point in starting over so anyway here it is

Mania Banner