WrestleMania PPV Poster Contest

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill solve it... AD wins end of story lol

I'll judge up the rest of the outstanding contests later, but I don't have time to keep this going right now. Someone more organised can take over if they want, or everyone can just enter the monthly contests.

I wouldn't mind taking over. If AJ or Norris gives the all clear, I'll begin after we get the outstanding contests judged.

Destination X

Morning Wood - 7/10

Not bad, very clean. The logo is very big, and a tag line might have been nice. Can't really complain about what you have done, but it doesn't really stand out. Solid.

Dochappy - 8.5/10

I really like it, definitely suits the TNA style. The blending is a little off in places (AJ's head merging into Joe's towel, for example). Not sure about the bar at the bottom, but it's better than trying to squeeze it into the graphic and making it look bad.

WrestleMania/Lockdown

KingofKings24 - 8/10

I really like the majority of it, but a couple of things lets it down. One is (surprise, surprise) the text. I don't think it was good choice of font, and I agree that it kinda makes Lashley and Umaga look like the billionaires. Also, I think the logo looks too "clean" in comparison to the rest of the graphic. The rest is kinda grungy, you should have grunged up the logo.

Danny George - 6/10

There's nothing awful about it, but it just doesn't seem to click. Positioning of the cuts is good, but some of them are too blurry. The background isn't bad, but I'm not sure about the chainlink fence. Just looks a bit conspicuous to me.

Midian - 7.5/10

Good stuff, and a different style to most. Not too sure about the choice of font, and I think you maybe tried to squeeze in too much text. I think the chainlink fence here works better than in Danny's.

nufan - 6/10

The background is really good (assuming it's not premade :shifty:) but the cuts bring it down. I think the cut selection was poor; the fact that Cena is posing and Michaels is an action shot, that Umaga is a closeup and the others aren't, the fact that Batista isn't in wrestling gear...it all counts against it.

AD - 4/10

Meh, I didn't like it.

Dochappy - 8.5/10

Love the text, especially the Lockdown logo. The action in the background is hard to make out, but that's the only flaw I can see really. That, and the TNA logo which is hard to read. But hey, who reads that anyway?

Gene Kiniski - 7

I'm loath to rate this too highly, since it's not that "graphicky", but it's a really nice poster IMO. I like the cityscape background, though I think the Cena cut is a bit dark on top of the light blue background. Still, works as a poster.

Nerf - 7.5

I really like the bottom of the poster, even if the Mania logo is a little rough around the edges. The background at the top is a bit weird, and maybe it would have looked better as a more plain, gradient background, but it's OK. What I don't like is the brush work on top of Batista. Having him solid would have been a better choice, IMO. Still, better than you seemed to think.

-Matt- - 6

The background is really nice, but it seems to me you struggled to go beyond that. The Jarrett cut has a huge drop shadow, and a blur which I'm not keen on. I don't the fonts you used, and I don't like the fact that you didn't stick to one font either. It's a shame, because as I say the background was really good.

fsf - 9

Veery nice, very atmospheric. I like the typography, and the silhouette of Jarrett really works well on the smoky, fiery background.

Anothername - 8

Anothergoodentry. I like the background, I like what you've done to the logo, and I like how you've laid out the matches. I do think the text is way too small, and you had plenty of space to work with.

And that's it, all done. What? OK, fine.

AD - 9.5

Yes, another great entry from AD. I think the best thing is, it's very different from the last entry. One was very grungy, this one is very slick and bright. Everything about it works well, I can't pick out anything to criticise.

Edited  by Jimmy the Exploder

• 2 months later...