What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

True Romance 7/10

Nothing much I can say about this. It's no bad, but it's not overly good either. Good 'cameo' from Christopher Walken, and a few decent bits. Not great though by any stretch of the imagination.

B00005JLBE.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Die Another Day - 4.5/10 or (*1/2) The suckiest Bond flick I've had the displeasure of seeing. The final scenes' absurdities cannot becounted on two hands.

6305962979.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Here On Earth - 5.5/10 or (**) While Sobieski is good as well as Hartnett, the inclusion of Chris Klein (and his worse than Keanu acting) definitely takes it down instantly.

Edited by TheROC-Revolt

B00003CXJY.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Big Momma's House - 6/10 or (**1/2) Martin Lawrence movies have their moments, but hardly not as much as Chris Rock's or Adam Sandler's films. I do like, though, how these projects gain exposure for the bit players who are great in other films. (in this, Paul Giamatti or Steve Zahn in another Lawrence vehicle, National Security).

btw, my desire tomorrow is to watch both Alien Resurrection and The Ginger Snaps. jsyk, that's what's to come.

Edited by TheROC-Revolt

Yesterday (have to stay honest to the thread title...can't go lying now!)

Highwaymen

Meh...6/10

Intersting movie, pretty much about a serial killer who kills using his car, leaving the murders to be over-looked by police as hit-and-runs, so not much attention is payed. Starred Mr. Passion himself, James Caviezel, and had some pretty solid car-on-car action. The villain was an interesting twist on the usual Hollywood-style psycho.

The Nest

7/10

Very solid French action movie. 90% takes place in a warehouse that seemed strangely similar to one of the levels in Counterstrike, which was kind of funny. Solid action, and a few seriously innovative shots and sequences. Borrowed a lot, I think, from John Carpenter's "Assault on Precinct 13". Really intersting characters, as well. Fantastic introduction of one of the main guys, where with no dialogue at all, in the first 10 minutes of the movie, you totally get a sense of who he is before anything even really happens. Well done.

The Bone Snatcher

3.5/10

Not a good movie. Had lots to make fun of, though, which is always a good time, as long as a friend is handy. Probably one of the first movies since I finished school that I've actually gotten to tear apart, technically, by pointing out editing and audio things they did wrong. Sadly, though, things like that a high rating do not give.

Today

Boa vs Python

5/10

Hahahahaha. Seriously. At least someone in Hollywood listened to the public and set forth to FINALLY answer the big question of who would win, a Boa or a Python. Bad movie. Bad editing. Bad dialogue. Good times.

The special effects were...ummm...well, it was the director's first movie, so we can cut him some slack. Actually, no we can't. They sucked. A lot. it seriously looked like at some points, actors were reacting to a snake that was never put into the shot.

Also, at 2 points in the movie, characters, for no reason whatsoever, tear their shirts off ala Hulk Hogan. Outstanding.

Shaolin Soccer

8/10

Wow. Seriously one of the FUNNIEST movies I have seen in a long time. Got the DVD, so managed to see the original, Asian release cut, vs the North American one, which appearantly got somehwat butchered by Miramax. This version is fantastic. Seriously, great special effects, original concept, great music, just an all around, one-of-a-kind movie. It's been a while since a really solid comedy that can literally be enjoyed by anyone of any age has come out (not including ones that are aimed at children, but have stuff that parents will like too...), but this is totally it. Watched it in Cantonese with english subtitles, and it was STILL hillariously funny.

Just a great film, and a seriously awesome time. Awesome.

Deathwatch

8/10

Movie set in WWI following a platoon of English soldiers who get separated from their unit (or is it unit separated from their platoon?), and end up holing up a German trench when a whole bunch of really creepy stuff starts going down, and people start to go missing or turn up dead. May sound cheesey, but it is a VERY solid film, with some seriously creepy parts, and turns out being one of those things where you think you know everything taht is going on, and that it is just a 1-dimensional storyline, but then the ending totally twists things around on you, and it turns out there is a quality twist in there.

At one point, I kind of guessed at what the twist was going to be, but couldn't figure out a way for it to work until the end when it happened. Very well done, indeed.

Also, I watch way too many movies (as there are 3 more in there that I didn't bother reviewing). I'm in television, though, so I can use that as an excuse. <_<

Equilibrium 7.5/10

A lot of films I have seen have been like this recently. Nothing bad, but not spectacular. A good film though, with some great fighting effects, and Christian Bale is very good. Worth seeing overall, but not exceptional.

hellboy.jpg

9/10

This film is phenomenal, however I did not enjoy the ending, I kind of felt that she should have remained dead until the next film at least (I don't care what the comics did, I haven't read them), because I feel it would have made her living more essential. Other than that the best comic book film I ever did see so far.

hellboy.jpg

9/10

This film is phenomenal, however I did not enjoy the ending, I kind of felt that she should have remained dead until the next film at least (I don't care what the comics did, I haven't read them), because I feel it would have made her living more essential. Other than that the best comic book film I ever did see so far.

hellboy.jpg

9/10

Somebody forgot to mark ***SPOILERS***...

Is there actually a rule on that? If so it's kind of stupid, to rate the film honestly you have to give some spoilers :rolleyes:

hellboy.jpg

9/10

Somebody forgot to mark ***SPOILERS***...

B00005A3KT.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Chain Reaction - 5.5/10 or (**) Meh. But Freeman is great (Wow, what a surprise there :shifty: ) and Weisz is hot.

In a while I will FINALLY post my review of Alien Resurrection and Ginger Snaps. I'll be off until then though.

Edited by TheROC-Revolt

Hellboy_good_guys_poster_L.jpg

Hellboy - 8/10

I wasn't too sure about seeing this movie but two friends kind of dragged me along, and after it was over I was damn well glad. Really good movie with some really good comedy and action scenes. I really could marry Selma Blair because she has such a damn sexy look. Overall this is yet ANOTHER movie that has been brought out in 2004 and been pretty much great so I'm a happy guy.