Manhunt 2 Confirmed

J.Vengeance

Rockstar has just announced through a press release that they are indeed working on a Manhunt sequel and it is being developed not only for the PS2 and PSP, but also for the Nintendo Wii.

Below are some details regarding the announcement.

New York, NY - February 6, 2007 - Rockstar Games, the world-renowned publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce Manhunt 2 for the PlayStation 2 system, PSP system, and Nintendo's Wii™. Manhunt 2 is the debut title from the newly formed Rockstar London studio, which is developing the game in conjunction with series creator Rockstar North. The Wii™ version is being developed by Rockstar Toronto. Manhunt 2 will be available this summer.

"With Manhunt 2 we have tried to create a game that stays close to the original concept of chilling suspense and stealth, whilst pushing the game design and storytelling forward," said Sam Houser, founder and executive producer of Rockstar Games. "We are also excited to have our newest development team, Rockstar London, working on the title alongside our two established UK studios, Rockstar North and Leeds."

The original Manhunt, was dubbed as one of the most violent and gruesome video games ever created and it's both surprising and a welcomed announcement that the Wii will get more M-rated content.

Edited by J.Vengeance

I really liked the first one, but not putting this on the PS3 and 360 worries me. Since the Wii is nothing but a tuned-up Gamecube with different controls, this tells me that they didn't have the time to develop it for the next-gen systems. Sounds like a rush job.

This is indeed very good news ^_^

I loved the hell out of the first Manhunt, played that mofo everyday for 2 years...If the sequal is anything close to the original, it's a definite addition to my Ps2 collection...Now then, the Wii version, I dunno..

I guess it would be "fun" to simulate the movements of cutting someone to pieces with a chainsaw.:w00t:

Edited by cloudtheconfused

This and God of War 2 will probably be the last ps2 games I buy before getting the ps3. If it's anything like the first it should be good . I hope they add plenty of new executions and such though.

My first play through of Manhunt, I loved the game. It was brutal, compelling, eerie, and just all around different than any other gaming experience I had ever had.

When I played it months later after beating it, the game lost a ton of it's appeal. I realized that sitting in a corner hitting a wall, waiting for a guy to walk by me was absolutely tedious and took away part of the fun. The controls were slightly unresponsive and the movement was awkward.

I think the sequel would be worth a rental, but I only own an XBox 360 these days.

Edited by VerbalPuke

Guest Anti-Hero

Wii Manhunt would be great, but the Australian government are fucking morons and refuse to have an R classification for video games. They still fail to realise that video games are now very much a predominantly ADULT market. Pansies.