MuchLoud's Top 50 Rock Videos of All-Time

Corizzle

Space Lord charting almost had me in tears. Awful song with a video just as bad, IIRC.

Space.. Lord.. Mother.. Mother..

That song rocks the shit. Although I've never seen the video. I may youtube some of these later.

The video is fucking hilarious. It came out roughly around the time when Puff Daddy and Mase were big and it has a great spoof of bad rap videos. Plus, Wyndorf wears a suit with lightbulbs on it, how can you beat that?

There is one video that can top that in the ridiculousness stakes..."Midnight Mountain" by Cathedral. Lee FUCKING Dorrian, in a disco suit, and on a flying carpet.

Edited by Skummunist

Yeah, Monster Magnet is one of those bands that seemingly disappeared, at least here in the States. I saw them in concert with Fear Factory and Rob Zombie in late 98 and they kicked all kinds of ass. Oddly enough though, "Powertrip" is the theme song for No Way Out this year.

What's the video for Stan like?

It's actually pretty good. Devon Sawa plays Stan, Dido plays the doomed pregnant girlfriend. Basically what Eminem describes in the song, Sawa is acting out. Say all the shit you want about Eminem, but I can't think of any of his videos that are bad. Is Stan the best video ever? Definitely not, but it deserves a spot on a top 100 list.

Not a fan of the list, but I don't know much about videos anyway. Still, I figured Dire Straits' Money for Nothing would have at least made it to top 50.

And the 100 alltime list is weird. No Thriller at all?

Don't remember, but while watching the Top 100 Videos special, I think they mentioned it was only last 10 years or something like that. And if so, Teen Spirit should have won anyway. That list was was very depressing.

As for the Rock list:

-"Feeling This" is blink's worst single and video. "What's My Age Again", "All The Small Things", "Always", "Damnit", "Adam's Song", "Rock Show", and "Stay Together For The Kids" are all so much better

-"Living Dead Girl" is pretty good, I like the Dr.Caligari omage, but come on, "Dragula" just kicks ass, and should have been on the list.

-Korn are just bad. Very, very bad. Abysmal even. Odd since I like Stone Sour.

-I like the additions of "Fat Lip" and "Beautiful People".

-"Jesus of Suburbia"? Any GreenDay video from 1994-2000 deserves to be on the list more than JoS.

Korn are terrible, but Freak On A Leash is a fantastic video, no matter which way you slice it, and the quality of the song shouldn't have much to do with this list, it's the top 50 videos, not top 50 songs. Of the ones I've seen, it's the best on the list. The only ones even challenging it are One and Space Lord.

The Smells Like Teen Spirit video is horribly over-rated...maybe I've just been too overexposed to it, but it's nothing spectacular at all.

Edited by Skummunist

As for the Rock list:

-"Feeling This" is blink's worst single and video. "What's My Age Again", "All The Small Things", "Always", "Damnit", "Adam's Song", "Rock Show", and "Stay Together For The Kids" are all so much better