MuchLoud's Top 50 Rock Videos of All-Time

Corizzle

I know these lists are shit but this list wasn't half bad until the end. It just aired on MuchLoud: The Channel

50. Weezer - Hash Pipe

49. The White Stripes - Fell In Love With A Girl

48. Sum 41 - Fat Lip

47. Bif Naked - Moment of Weakness

46. Good Charlotte - The Anthem

45. The Mars Volta - The Widow

44. AC/DC - For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)

43. Foo Fighters - Everlong

42. Ozzy Osbourne - No More Tears

41. I Mother Earth - One More Astronaut

40. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Give It Away

39. Evanescence - Going Under

38. Tool - Scism

37. Limp Bizkit - Nookie

36. Rob Zombie - Living Dead Girl

35. Simple Plan - I'd Do Anything

34. Audioslave - Doesn't Remind Me

33. finger eleven - Good Times

32. Iron Maiden - 2 Minutes to Midnight

31. Incubus - Megalomaniac

30. Pantera - This Love

29. Alice In Chains - Them Bones

28. Theory of a Deadman - No Surprise

27. My Chemical Romance - Helena

26. Monster Magnet - Space Lord

25. Stone Temple Pilots - Plush

24. Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun

23. Megadeth - 99 Ways to Die

22. Our Lady Peace - Superman's Dead

21. blink-182 - Feeling This

20. Nine Inch Nails - The Perfect Drug

19. Slayer - Eyes of the Insane

18. Slipknot - Left Behind

17. Rammstein - Du Hast

16. Nickelback - How You Remind Me

15. Metallica - One

14. Guns N' Roses - Paradise City

13. A Perfect Circle - Judith

12. Queens Of The Stone Age - Go With The Flow

11. Deftones - Change (In the House of Flies)

10. Billy Talent - River Below

9. Marilyn Manson - Beautiful People

8. Alexisonfire - Pulmonary Archery

7. Linkin Park - In The End

6. Green Day - Jesus Of Suburbia

5. System Of a Down - Chop Suey!

4. Rage Against the Machine - Guerilla Radio

3. Three Days Grace - (I Hate) Everything About You

2. Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit

1. Korn - Freak On A Leash

The list was going pretty good with a few exceptions until the top 5 where it went to shit. Three Days Grace should not be near the top 10 let alone #3, the Korn video is a good video but not as good as Nirvana, Guns N' Roses, Metallica, or Soundgarden just to name a few. Plus they seemed to forget that these lists can have more then 1 video by a band... they were basically just listing the top 50 bands rather then videos.

The biggest omissions I can see are U2 and Pearl Jam, both of which should be in the top 10.

Edited by Corizzle

I completely agree with "Freak On a Leash" at #1, and I'm just happy that the people at MuchLoud aren't as retarded as the people at Much who put together their "Top Videos of the Past Decade" list about a month ago. With the exception of My Chemical Romance, I'd watch every one of those videos. Now if only Much Loud would actually start PLAYING good videos like that.

3. Three Days Grace - (I Hate) Everything About You

:lmao:

You've gotta be kidding me? How is this video different than 90% of the videos made since 2002? It's a horrible song to begin with and what makes the video so special? There's an abusive parent, kids making out, and then a bunch of kids moshing while the band plays it some secluded area. Seriously, 3rd best rock video ever? I need to make sure I didn't pee on myself a little from laughing so hard at that choice.

There are some good picks. Taking Perfect Drug by NIN over Closer is surprising, but good. Doesn't Remind Me, Helena, One, Du Hast, Left Behind, Black Hole Sun, Space Lord, This Love, Living Dead Girl, Everlong, For Those About To Rock, Two Minutes to Midnight, 99 Ways to Die, and Fell In Love With a Girl all belong on the list. Placement could be shifted though.

There are better videos for many of these bands. Weezer (Keep Fishin, Buddy Holly), Sum 41 (Hell Song), RHCP (Aeroplane, Dani California), Evanescence (My Immortal), Tool (Any video besides Schism), Incubus (Drive), STP (Sour Girl, Sex Type Thing, Big Bang Baby!!!), blink182 (What's My Age Again), Perfect Circle (Counting Bodies Like Sheep to the Rhythm of the War Drums), GnR (Sweet Child O'Mine), Manson (Dope Show, Tourniquet, mOBSCENE), Green Day (Walking Contradiction), Linkin Park (Breaking the Habit) and SoaD (Boom, Spiders).

3 Days Grace, Alexisonfire, Nickelback, Simple Plan and Good Charlotte do not deserve to be anywhere near this list.

Where's Smashing Pumpkins (Tonight, Tonight), Disturbed (Voices, Land of Confusion, Prayer), KMFDM (Drug Against War), Local H (All the Kids Are Right), Offspring (Pretty Fly for a White Guy), Faith No More (Epic) - seriously, missing Faith No More is fucking inexcusable.

I can understand picking Smells Like Teen Spirit, but there are better Nirvana songs and videos.

I have no complaints about Korn at number one.

Edited by Zero

Fair enough, I didn't even think about the fact that they're Canadian. Even so, 3 Days Grace and Nickelback have better videos than the ones listed. And I have nothing against a few of those bands, I just don't think their videos are necessarily anything special.

Guest digrind

When the first thing I see on a list of the 50 best rock videos of all time (ALL TIME, PEOPLE!) is Weezer's "Hash Pipe" I know somethings wrong. I really had to reach to remember what that video even was. I vaguely remember there being some sumo wrestlers in it but other than that I've got nothing.

To make a list like that and give spots to Three Days Grace, Nickelback, and Slipknot while apparently neglecting to realize that Pearl Jam exists is a travesty. This is the only list of music videos in history I've ever seen that doesn't include "Jeremy," and that includes the Top 50 Slavic R&B Music Videos of All Time.

Firs thing I did was count Canadian bands. Having done a stint at a Canadian radio station, the rule of thumb for Canadian Content is about 1 in 3. 11 out of the 50 (by my count) are Canadian and seem randomly thrown in to fill the requirement as best as possible, so yeah, try not to take too much stock in it.

I will say, though, that alexisonfire has some great videos and I was happy to see Pulmonary Archery on the list.

Space Lord charting almost had me in tears. Awful song with a video just as bad, IIRC.

MuchMusic isn't exactly the pantheon of musical criticism and analysis. This is the same network that craps out Video on Trial weekly, a vile little romp where a bunch of sad Toronto "comedians" who got the day off from Lick's shit on videos that are/were in excessively heavy rotation on the station. Continuity/revisionist history, yeah!

Firs thing I did was count Canadian bands. Having done a stint at a Canadian radio station, the rule of thumb for Canadian Content is about 1 in 3. 11 out of the 50 (by my count) are Canadian and seem randomly thrown in to fill the requirement as best as possible, so yeah, try not to take too much stock in it.

I will say, though, that alexisonfire has some great videos and I was happy to see Pulmonary Archery on the list.

Space Lord charting almost had me in tears. Awful song with a video just as bad, IIRC.

MuchMusic isn't exactly the pantheon of musical criticism and analysis. This is the same network that craps out Video on Trial weekly, a vile little romp where a bunch of sad Toronto "comedians" who got the day off from Lick's shit on videos that are/were in excessively heavy rotation on the station. Continuity/revisionist history, yeah!

You think this list is bad? Here's MuchMusic's list of Top 100 videos:

2. Britney Spears - Baby One More Time

What's the video for Stan like?

It's actually pretty good. Devon Sawa plays Stan, Dido plays the doomed pregnant girlfriend. Basically what Eminem describes in the song, Sawa is acting out. Say all the shit you want about Eminem, but I can't think of any of his videos that are bad. Is Stan the best video ever? Definitely not, but it deserves a spot on a top 100 list.

Space.. Lord.. Mother.. Mother..

That song rocks the shit. Although I've never seen the video. I may youtube some of these later.

MuchVibe is doing a Top 50 Rap/R&B videos of all-time also

I turned to it, saw:

37. Bow Wow F. Ciara - Like You

And turned it off...

The MuchLoud list is awesome compared to the Top 100 Videos that was posted above, that ignored that music videos existed before 1999

Edited by Corizzle

The lack of Smashing Pumpkins up there is inexcusable, in my opinion, they've done some of the better alt-rock videos of their time, in my opinion. And "The Nobodies" and "Dope Show" are both considerably better Manson videos than Beautiful People, by far. "Freak On A Leash" and "Fell In Love With A Girl" are pretty much the only videos up there that I'd consider as being memorable, fitting and well-made enough to be near a top list. I've never understood the fuss about the "Hash Pipe" video, it's not one of Weezer's best, nor is it anyway interesting.