Musical Recommendations

TOG

Right, i've basically been going through my PC cleaning out my music that I find myself skipping nowadays and after hesitantly coming to the realization that I don't listen to much metal these days, I went on a hip hop/rap downloading spree. People I especially like right now are Sean Paul, Ludacris, Busta Rhymes, and Nas so I am looking for artists in that vein that I may not have heard before. Recommend away.

Lil' Wayne has had a solid set of material lately. Tha Carter and Tha Carter II are highly recommended. Also, his co-album with Birdman, Like Father, Like Son was good.

T.I.'s last album King was solid, though, you may have heard that one already.

Clipse also had their last album, Hell Hath No Fury, gain raves from the l33tist community as well as rap fans, so check them out. It is solid Southern rap. Actually, in that case, check out Lord Willin' too.

I've been on a Saul Williams kick lately. Picked up his poetry book, "The Dead Emcee Scrolls", and I've been re-listening to his self-titled recently. I'm really anticipating his Trent Reznor produced follow-up.

Some other acts you might want to check out: Talib Kweli, cLOUDDEAD, GangStarr, Three 6 Mafia, Atmosphere, Lil' Wyte, Dead Prez, J. Dilla, Tech N9ne, Papoose, Jedi Mind Tricks, Mos Def, Pharoahe Monch, Common and Black Thought.

I second Clipse. I love their new album.

I'm surprised nobody has said Lupe Fiasco or Common yet.

There's this underground guy called Big Zoo that I've been listening to lately. I mean, this guy is really really underground and it may be really hard to find anything of his. But um, if you can give it a listen.

I second Clipse. I love their new album.

I'm surprised nobody has said Lupe Fiasco or Common yet.

There's this underground guy called Big Zoo that I've been listening to lately. I mean, this guy is really really underground and it may be really hard to find anything of his. But um, if you can give it a listen.

Edited by ROC (Again)

Wasn't there a thread like this a while back? Anyways, some acts I'll recommend, that I think haven't been pimped already, are Hieroglyphics(Del tha Funky Homosapien and Souls of Mischief), Little Brother, MF Doom, Redman(if you like Ludacris, you'll like Redman), Murs, UGK, Madlib, The Beatnuts, Saigon, Mobb Deep(Murda Muzik was their last good album), Jurassic 5(sucks that we won't be hearing any new stuff from them now that they're breaking up), Royce Da 5'9'', R.A. The Rugged Man, AZ, Jadakiss, Styles P, Big L, K-os, Joe Budden.... fuck, I could go on all day. I'll just stop now.