Song Choice

Tarheels.

I'm looking to do an open mic night and perform with my acoustic. I'm looking to do something out of the ordinary, something like a few of the things I saw on youtube (an acoustic "Hey Ya" "Yeah" "The Way You Make Me Feel" etc.). Basically, something that you didn't think would work on an acoustic guitar. If possible with tabs or something, but a simple reccomendation as to what to do works good.

Edited by TH4L

Do "Ice Ice Baby" (singing it though, instead of rapping...or softly spoken would probably work too if you can't get a suitable vocal melody) and you'd be a star.

Edited by YI

I've pimped it out here, and seen others pimp it out here as well, but Chris Cornell does an amazing acoustic of "Billie Jean" by Michael Jackson.

a YouTube 'video' of it, complete with a lame photo montage.

Also, perhaps a Rage Against The Machine song, or something else that's really angry?

I've pimped it out here, and seen others pimp it out here as well, but Chris Cornell does an amazing acoustic of "Billie Jean" by Michael Jackson.
a YouTube 'video' of it, complete with a lame photo montage.
Edited by YI

Other people are going with stuff like 'Everlong', 'Heart Shaped Box', 'Island In The Sun' and I'm thinking more about possibly doing a DCFC song but I'm not sure because I think I'd rather do something like I've mentioned in here. So damnit, I'm torn. I might try a metal-ish song and see how it would do acoustic-ly, theres just too many possibilities.

Guest Anti-Hero

I've been working on an acoustic version of "No Easy Way Out" by Robert Tepper (from the Rocky IV montage scene), it's been going really well, so I'll put that forward.

Ice Ice is a good choice but now I'd need to find some kind of chords for it. Hopefully I can find either another song like that or just a general 80's pop-ish song. So if anybody else has idea's throw them at me.

If you can't find chords for that, look for the chords for "Under Pressure" by Queen and David Bowie, shockingly it's a sample despite what Vanilla Ice often insists.