Into Oblivion

Cactus Drags

Really looking forward to the new FFAF album. The last album was fairly mediocre, but there was some really good songs one there (The 3 song run of "History", "Revovery" and "The End Of Nothing" is awesome).

However, having just heard "Into Oblivion (Reunion)", I'm not digging. I'm hoping that it's one of the 'slower' tracks on the album. It seems to have absolutely no edge at all. And just sounds near identical to pretty much everything else you can hear in the genre these days. I understand you aren't going to get tunes like "The Art Of American Football" from them these days, and they always did have some slower songs. But it just seems too nice. And has no drive to it. Hell "Sk8er Boi" came on winamp afterwards, and seemed to be more rocking. :shifty:

Really looking forward to the new FFAF album. The last album was fairly mediocre, but there was some really good songs one there (The 3 song run of "History", "Revovery" and "The End Of Nothing" is awesome).

However, having just heard "Into Oblivion (Reunion)", I'm not digging. I'm hoping that it's one of the 'slower' tracks on the album. It seems to have absolutely no edge at all. And just sounds near identical to pretty much everything else you can hear in the genre these days. I understand you aren't going to get tunes like "The Art Of American Football" from them these days, and they always did have some slower songs. But it just seems too nice. And has no drive to it. Hell "Sk8er Boi" came on winamp afterwards, and seemed to be more rocking. :shifty:

I don't strictly agree. As the first thing I thought about the intro how it was very new FOB/PATD/AVA-like 'epicness', which to me is basically them catering for what the kids want, as FOB and PATD are some of the few 'emo' bands who are still getting fairly heavy play. I do like the intro though, which is probably my favourite part of the track. But it is very FOB. No but the thing is, they were never 'heavy', but had a harshness, 'metal-like' edge to them, and basically that's just what I want. They basically just sound like a band that's dime a dozen now. It doesn't sound like FFAF. And from their myspace videos it seemed as though they were all like "Yeah, it's heavy, it's fast. No slow songs. All in your face"...however this track is none of that. Which really dissapoints me. Maybe I just built myself up for more. :(

Edited by YI

I think the song it's fairly average (but at least its better than the dull 'Out of Reach').

I dunno, I miss tunes like 'Juneau', 'Rookie Of The Year', 'Roses For The dead', etc.

I'm so underwhelmed by the two songs they've made available for listening for the new album (Out of Reach was made available to newsletter subscribers), that I might not actually get the new album. They seem to hav lost the edge to their sound, imo.