Official NFL 2007 Thread

ACCBiggz

What are you saying, Biggz? They should have gotten David Carr? Quinn is going to be another David Carr? I know you know he was talking about the Jaguars, not the Panthers. So, um, wha?

And if they should have gotten Carr...all I can ask is why. The guy may only be 28, I think, but with all the beating he's taken in Houston, he's working with a body closer to 35 in terms of number of hits. For all that, they could have easily worked on a deal for Trent Green. I agree with KDAWG that every time Quinn fell into the Jags' laps, I thought they were gonna be all over him. All anyone can ask is how many times Leftwich will be allowed to fuck things up for them. Even if they wanted to keep Leftwich, they could have sat on Quinn and let him take over in his second year after Byron's contract ran out. Bully to them for getting Nelson, but if they'd lost out on him AND not taken Quinn, it would have been a wasted day.

My Steelers had a pretty good Day 1. I like Timmons, I think they could have went offense with the Woodley pick, and believe it or not, I like the Spaeth pick in the 3rd.

Had Spaeth not been injured, he was up there with Zach Miller as far as projection. And Bruce Arians loves the idea of splitting Heath Miller out wide in the slot and still having a TE who can stretch the field.

BTW, It's a matter of time before Miller is a Pro Bowler. Ben just needs to "Give Him The Damn Ball".

I don't mind the selections of Calvin Johnson or Drew Stanton. Nothing needs to be said about Johnson, but Stanton has the physical tools to be a success in the league. I think with Mike Martz and Jon Kitna mentoring him, he could turn out to be a good QB in the league. Still, I was hoping we'd take David Harris, twice, instead of Stanton.

Then trading up to get two guys that weren't rated in the second or third round? Why? Why did we parlay two thirds, a fourth, and a fifth rounder into getting two guys that probably would have only cost us using a fourth/fifth on the second day? Because they have intangibles? Because they are great raw prospects? Fuck that, we needed defensive starters on day 1 and didn't come away with one. We now have two second rounders that should make a contribution on special teams, something you look for on the second day more than anything.

Edit - And one way to look at the Johnson pick in regard to the Lions needs was their inability to finish a drive in the redzone. So many times we had to settle for field goals because we simply could not punch in a touchdown, and in turn lost games by a small margin of points. Having a guy like Johnson can improve that by drawing attention away from Williams and Furrey.

Edited by VerbalPuke

Yeah, but the Raiders got a replacement for Moss in Big Mike Williams. No reason to panic. :shifty:

I can't help but think the Lions could have traded Calvin Johnson for the number 8 pick and Atlanta's two second rounders. They get Patrick Willis, and end up with Drew Stanton and Lamar Woodley in the second. Then they still have a third round pick (and possibly two if the Buffalo trade still happens). Then they manage to swing the deal with Oakland with McCown/Williams but acquire Moss instead of a fourth rounder.

Of course, Moss is a "bad character" guy so he wouldn't even be considered by the Lions.

For all his attitude problems, Moss is still a top quality receiver, and with this move Oakland have taken a big step back. A fourth round pick? They may as well say "sry jamrcus yr rukie seson r gona suk"

Not really. Sure Moss can be a very good receiver but as Biggz pointed out they still have Porter and Curry's turning into a decent option. They even have Gabriel as well. Ok, they're not as good as Moss but they're not terrible either.

I like us taking Podlesh because Hanson was pretty meh last year. However, why the fuck are we taking ANOTHER linebacker? I swear to God, Del Rio has got to look at a position other than LB and WR. We've got Daryl Smith, Mike Peterson, Clint Ingram, Brandon Iwoh (he came on like wildfire), and we drafted Durant. There's no need to add another. Just stupid. If we don't get a QB eventually, I think we're gonna storm the stadium. I'd say with torches, but we'd probably start another fire :pinch:

This is seriously fucked up, there is something up with this Patriots bullshit where they get quality guys for shitty draft picks.

The Raiders gave up a top 10 pick and Napoleon Harris, a guy they drafted in the first round to get Moss.

Now they give Moss up for a 4th round pick?

But they wouldn't make a deal with the Packers who were offering Aaron Rogers and a 5th round pick?

What the fuck is that?

Maybe the Pats should offer the Chargers a 6th and 7th rounder, they can probably land LT

Edited by Maxx

oh quit your conspiracy bullshit already. Its old and tired. No need to keep going on about the stupid conspiracy. In any case, there are logical reasons why the raiders got rid of moss and for why they only got a 4th rounder.

Edited by kale

They were offered more to send him out of the conference and they don't? Yeah thats not weird at all.

They could have said, alright we're fielding trades for Moss and recieved way better offers, but instead they only talk to the Pats, to get a bad 4th round pick?

Edited by Maxx