Official NFL 2007 Thread

ACCBiggz

If you don't think he's going to serve any jail time, you're stupid. Just because he's famous, which undoubtedly will help him, he's not going to get off with a "slap on the wrists". Do you know how many people would protest if he got off with no jail time? Not to mention the fact that with the plea bargain of a less time, it's going to be bad enough. That and he committed a felony, not a shit load of misdemeanors and is being prosecuted by the federal government, which by all accounts, seems to have enough evidence to lock up him for longer than what he would be getting with the plea.

And humanitarian has nothing to do with it because well, um, the crimes he's being prosecuted on are the opposite of that? And if it goes to trial, not only is Vick stupid for not taking a plea, but he'll be fucked.

If you don't think he's going to serve any jail time, you're stupid. Just because he's famous, which undoubtedly will help him, he's not going to get off with a "slap on the wrists". Do you know how many people would protest if he got off with no jail time? Not to mention the fact that with the plea bargain of a less time, it's going to be bad enough. That and he committed a felony, not a shit load of misdemeanors and is being prosecuted by the federal government, which by all accounts, seems to have enough evidence to lock up him for longer than what he would be getting with the plea.

And humanitarian has nothing to do with it because well, um, the crimes he's being prosecuted on are the opposite of that? And if it goes to trial, not only is Vick stupid for not taking a plea, but he'll be fucked.

The 2 pleas earlier today said they took photos of Vick with dogs at the complex and also he was involved in at least like 7 or 8 executions (Hanging, Drowning, and Electrocution) earlier in 2007. Those would just be two of the people against him if he doesn't take a plea.

With what he's currently charged with, he's looking at a max of 6 years. They plan on adding more charges, which could probably get it to at least 10. And he's not getting off with probation, because the judge he's got is one of the toughest in the country. He generally starts at the middle of the sentence and adds more to it, rarely does he take away from it. Add to that the fact that he's already commented and claimed he was horrified by the details of the crime, which now at least 3 people can confirm Vick was directly involved with. So yeah you're dumb if you think he's getting off without jail time.

The only way that would happen is if he went to trial and was found innocent or was acquitted, which won't happen if it goes to trial, this is the United States government and their 90%+ conviction rating. So he'll get out of jail time if the plea bargain doesn't contain any, which it won't, as his defense team has no leverage to make that happen and the judge decides the sentence anyways

Well, Vick has accepted the plea according to Mike and The Mad Dog. Details aren't out just yet as far as what he actually copped to, and how long he'll end up in jail. Anything less than 18 months is pretty much unacceptable since his "boys" are supposed to get 12-16.

I'd like to think that Vick will never play again simply because his marketability was his prime asset. He was a mediocre QB, and now that his name is pretty much tarnished I can't imagine that Vick jerseys will sell well after he comes out of prison. The Falcons never should have gotten rid of Schaub.

I don't think there's an owner who'll ever pick up Vick after all this. People aren't going to forget this, and any self respecting fan would hate to have a conficted felon who brutally kills dogs on their team.

That being said by the time he's out of jail that United Football League should be running, wouldn't be suprised if he ended up there

Micheal Vick News

He is pleading guilty.

I think he is making the right move. It seems he could go to jail for a year for this, and he may be cut by the Falcons, but he will only lose a year this way, and he can still salvage his career this way. Just like Pacman Jones, this is a case of an NFLer hanging around with his old friends, and being dragged down by them. It was a horrible thing he did, and after he serves his time, I think he will realize he needs to hang out with a new group of people, people who aren't trying to leetch off of his success and money.

Man, I would hate to be the Falcons right now. Not only is Vick out, they traded Schaub, and now have lost DJ Shockley for the season. That leaves Joey Harrington and Chris Redman as their two QB's. I can't imagine them not going out and signing SOMEONE.

Actually it'll be more than a year he'll likely be gone. If he gets 18 months, that term won't start till at the earliest, january, that takes him out all of this season, and all of next season. Then, once he's out a jail, he'll still have to serve any suspension the NFL puts on him, which will also probably be year given that his crimes are felonies. So thats 3 years he'll be missing. If he's even allowed back. Last guy to lie to the face of a sports commisioner was Pete Rose, look how that's turned out.

Thats if the jail sentence is only 18 months. With everything I'm hearing about the judge, how he's one of the toughest in the country, and is shocked and appaled by what Vick did, I can't think he'll be going easy on him, especially if he admits to everything he's charged with. Plus he lied to the judge too. 36 months is entirely possible IMO

Thats why I think if the United Football League actually happens, he'll more than likely end up there, as they will surely do anything to grab headlines.

Edited by Maxx

Thats why I think if the United Football League actually happens, he'll more than likely end up there, as they will surely do anything to grab headlines.

He could also go play in Canada as well. However, I think the NFL will give him another chance but he won't be a Falcon anymore.