Official NFL 2007 Thread

ACCBiggz

Speaking of Canada, Charles Rogers is apparently going to try and resurrect his career over there. Good luck to him I say, here's hoping he joins Mike McMahon and they flourish.

This whole case about Michael Vick is fucking wild though. I'm just glad that celebrity status isn't going to save him from the heinous crimes he's committed. That's about all I've got to add, everybody's pretty much stated what needs to be stated.

Speaking of Canada, Charles Rogers is apparently going to try and resurrect his career over there. Good luck to him I say, here's hoping he joins Mike McMahon and they flourish.

This whole case about Michael Vick is fucking wild though. I'm just glad that celebrity status isn't going to save him from the heinous crimes he's committed. That's about all I've got to add, everybody's pretty much stated what needs to be stated.

The best thing about these American guys going from the NFL to the CFL is that they usually suck up here in Canada. I don't know why that is, as a lot of them have a ton of talent. It just seems that only Canadians and Americans who play in the league early in their careers can do well.

Excluding Flutie. He can do anything.

The best thing about these American guys going from the NFL to the CFL is that they usually suck up here in Canada. I don't know why that is, as a lot of them have a ton of talent. It just seems that only Canadians and Americans who play in the league early in their careers can do well.

Excluding Flutie. He can do anything.

Edited by Toe

Guest starsaligned916

Do you think the Falcons regret trading Schaub now or what? Who knows, maybe having an actual QB is what they team needs. Vick was always just a college-style QB.

I think you're crazy. The NFL, under Roger Goodell, is not going to give him another chance. How hypocritical would that be? Goodell gave year long suspensions for far less. When all this drama is over and his prison sentence ends, you can expect that he will be AT LEAST 28 (maybe 29). The suspension will come after that, and will have to be for a bare minimum one year (which would look ridiculous), and it will probably be longer given the severity of the situation.

So when it's done you're left with an overpaid 30 year old quarterback who just spent a year or more in prison following a media circus, and his abilities as a quarterback were in question even BEFORE it all happened. Any owner who picks him up is going to face immediate scrutiny, and there is no guarantee that even the fans of your franchise will get behind him.

There is just no way any franchise is going to take that kind of a risk for an average QB who can run. Especially when he has been out of the game that long, with those circumstances.

I think you're crazy. The NFL, under Roger Goodell, is not going to give him another chance. How hypocritical would that be? Goodell gave year long suspensions for far less. When all this drama is over and his prison sentence ends, you can expect that he will be AT LEAST 28 (maybe 29). The suspension will come after that, and will have to be for a bare minimum one year (which would look ridiculous), and it will probably be longer given the severity of the situation.

So when it's done you're left with an overpaid 30 year old quarterback who just spent a year or more in prison following a media circus, and his abilities as a quarterback were in question even BEFORE it all happened. Any owner who picks him up is going to face immediate scrutiny, and there is no guarantee that even the fans of your franchise will get behind him.

There is just no way any franchise is going to take that kind of a risk for an average QB who can run. Especially when he has been out of the game that long, with those circumstances.

I understand what you're saying. I just think that the NFL is going to give Vick another chance. The guy is way to talented to let him go.

Remember T.O. right. I know he wasn't dog fighting but he was messing up over and over again but even he still plays in the NFL.

Vick did loose a lot of fans because of this but he still has a lot of fans as well and we can't forget that.

Agreed. Vick is not a terrible passer. I'm not saying he's the best either though he's somewhere in the middle.

But Vick is a great athelete in every which way much like T.O. I just think that the NFL will give him another chance. And it makes it better for him that he owned up to what he did and pleaded guilty.

Vick did mess up though when he lied to the Falcons and the leaugue by saying he was innocent. He lied to the judge as well right?

Grossman for the win. The coaches love him. He seemingly can't put enough feet wrong. Although I'd like to see Orton given the nod over Griese should Grossman eventually be ousted.

I'd still like to point out what Jaws said on MNF about Grossman being in the embryonic stages of development, and the comparison to Peyton Manning at the same point in his career was quite good, similar TD-to-INT ration, similar completion percentages, Grossman has a far superior record (likely due to a better defense I think). Sure, he's got work to do, especially with the snaps, as that's unforgiveable now he's in the pros and lining up behind one of the best centers in the game, but this'll be his second full season. Yeah, he's running out of chances and excuses, but he's still got plenty of time to develop into whatever the hell it is the Bears coaches think he can be. And Jaws knows quarterbacks, if he says give the kid time, well then, that's what you do.

Edited by Dragsy 7-0

Vick and T.O. could not be more different. T.O. never broke any NFL rules, let alone federal laws. T.O. was never suspended, let alone indicted.

After this all unfolds, Vick is going to be a convicted felon. T.O.? He's just a player with an attitude problem. If you think their cases are even remotely similar, you're insane.

Vick's pleading guilty to the conspiracy charges, thats what his federal crime is. I still believe the government could give a fuck whats happening to animals, it just so happens dogfighting is a huge gambling operation they're trying to snuff out.