Official NFL 2007 Thread

ACCBiggz

He's admitting to what was written in the indictment, which is FULL of details about what he did to the dogs. He's now dealing exclusively with a judge who knows EVERYTHING Vick is being charged with.

And even if they never mention what happened to the dogs again, he's still going to be a felon. TO barely broke a team rule, I can't see how you can possibly compare the two.

He's admitting to what was written in the indictment, which is FULL of details about what he did to the dogs. He's now dealing exclusively with a judge who knows EVERYTHING Vick is being charged with.

And even if they never mention what happened to the dogs again, he's still going to be a felon. TO barely broke a team rule, I can't see how you can possibly compare the two.

Grossman for the win. The coaches love him. He seemingly can't put enough feet wrong. Although I'd like to see Orton given the nod over Griese should Grossman eventually be ousted.

I'd still like to point out what Jaws said on MNF about Grossman being in the embryonic stages of development, and the comparison to Peyton Manning at the same point in his career was quite good, similar TD-to-INT ration, similar completion percentages, Grossman has a far superior record (likely due to a better defense I think). Sure, he's got work to do, especially with the snaps, as that's unforgiveable now he's in the pros and lining up behind one of the best centers in the game, but this'll be his second full season. Yeah, he's running out of chances and excuses, but he's still got plenty of time to develop into whatever the hell it is the Bears coaches think he can be. And Jaws knows quarterbacks, if he says give the kid time, well then, that's what you do.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor...&id=2986420

Really stupid article slamming Upshaw and the NFLPA over not sticking with and defending Vick.

Lets see, the Commisioner suspended him and won't make an judgement on him untill their investigation is over, and told the Falcons to do the same, but the NFLPA is supposed to come out and throw complete support behind him?

What good would have come from the NFLPA coming out and saying they support Vick and believe his innocence, only for him to plead guilty a month later?

This guy tried comparing it to what the MLB Player's Association did with cases of drug abuse. Drug abuse can be considered a psychological problem, slaughtering animals in horrific ways and running a bloodsport, thats a little different.

Its entirely stupid. The guy seems to think a players association should support its players no matter what happens. Thats a stupid idea, as Vick clearly didn't care about being an NFL player or a member of the NFLPA while he was doing things that he did. The NFLPA shouldn't have to throw support behind you if you violate your contract, especially if you're committing a felon while doing so.

Vick wasn't violating his contract in some stupid way, he was out there committing federal offenses, I really don't think the NFLPA should have to support a player when that happens, as I feel the fact that they're even an NFL player should take a back seat in a federal case.

Edited by Maxx

Deriving entertainment from the brutal slaughter of animals and gambling over which of two dogs can survive in a bloody fight to the death...hmm, I can't see at all how that could be driven by a deep-rooted psychological issue. Seriously, what the fuck?

I was questioning Maxx when he said
This guy tried comparing it to what the MLB Player's Association did with cases of drug abuse. Drug abuse can be considered a psychological problem, slaughtering animals in horrific ways and running a bloodsport, thats a little different.
, implying that the dogfighting stuff couldn't possibly be connected to a psychological problem.

Edited by Rumors of War

I think someone close to Marbury might have corrected his original statement, not that it makes it any better.

In other news, Vick is only pleading guilty to the charge of interstate commerce for the purpose of dogfighting. So basically he's saying he never killed a dog or gambled on a dog fight.

Aren't the other three on trial testifying that Vick did kill dogs and gambled?

EDIT: Scratch that. Marbury corrected his own words in the Thursday paper.

Edited by MSC

I believe one said gambling and the other two (or maybe all three) are saying he was there when the dogs were killed. With Vick pleading guilty, he's getting a break on the gambling part and there is something in the plea saying he didn't kill the dogs, though we won't know if he's admitting to being present for it until Monday. At least that's the gist I'm getting.

My Predictions:

AFC East - New England, New York, Miami, Buffalo

AFC North - Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Cleveland

AFC South - Jacksonville, Indianapolis, Houston, Tennessee

AFC West - San Diego, Denver, Kansas City, Oakland

Wild Cards - Indianapolis, Denver

AFC Championship Game - New England over Jacksonville

NFC East - Philadelphia, Dallas, Washington, New York

NFC North - Chicago, Green Bay, Detroit, Minnesota

NFC South - Carolina, New Orleans, Atlanta, Tampa Bay

NFC West - Seattle, San Francisco, St. Louis, Arizona

Wild Cards - New Orleans, San Francisco

NFC Championship Game - Philadelphia over New Orleans

Super Bowl - New England over Philadelphia

I believe one said gambling and the other two (or maybe all three) are saying he was there when the dogs were killed. With Vick pleading guilty, he's getting a break on the gambling part and there is something in the plea saying he didn't kill the dogs, though we won't know if he's admitting to being present for it until Monday. At least that's the gist I'm getting.

Vick files plea in federal court, admits dogfighting

By LARRY O'DELL, Associated Press Writer

August 24, 2007

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -- Michael Vick filed his plea agreement in federal court Friday admitting to conspiracy in a dogfighting ring and helping kill pit bulls. He denied ever betting on the fights, only bankrolling them.

The Atlanta Falcons quarterback is scheduled to formally enter his plea Monday in U.S. District Court.

"Most of the Bad Newz Kennels operation and gambling monies were provided by Vick," a summary of facts in the case said.

The statement said that when the kennel's dogs won, the gambling proceeds were generally shared by Vick's three co-defendants -- Tony Taylor, Purnell Peace and Quanis Phillips.

"Vick did not gamble by placing side bets on any of the fights. Vick did not receive any of the proceeds of the purses that were won by Bad Newz Kennels," the summary said.

"Vick agrees and stipulates that these dogs all died as a result of the collective efforts of Peace, Phillips and Vick."

According to court documents, Vick was aware that his co-defendants killed a number of dogs that did not perform well in testing sessions.

Last April, Vick and two co-defendants tested the fighting skills of dogs and the three agreed to kill six to eight dogs that didn't measure up. All were killed by methods including hanging and drowning.

Edited by naiwf