Official NFL 2007 Thread

ACCBiggz

Marshawn Lynch showed some promise against the Broncos defence, and Paul Posluzny also looked like a solid middle linebacker for the Bills. Such a close game, the Broncos did an excellent job of shutting down any sort of deep run, while the Bills were able to stop the Broncos in many crucial situations (except in the last minute).

Really, a special teams penalty against the Bills before that last drive pretty much swung the momentum completely towards Denver.

The Bears have 4 turnovers and are only down by 4 against the Chargers, at least the defense is showing up.

The real surprise is that of the four turnovers, only 1 is Grossman's fault (and even that one I think that Berrian is partly to blame at least).

Rex has done alright, the INT was largely Berrian's fault, he was pulling up as the ball was thrown. The problem has been the O-Line and the running backs.

And Lorenzo Neal is a dick, blatant horsecollar on a play just prior to the touchdown run on Mike Brown that resulted in Brown being taken out of the game with a knee sprain. In fact there were a couple of missed holding calls on that drive.

I don't think Neal did that on purpose. He's always been one of the most respectful players in the league. The offensive line did alright, outside of the sacks they didn't do too bad in protection, Rex had time to move up in the pocket. The Chargers secondary just had good coverage where there were no places to throw the ball.

Fucking typical Lions.

I wish Matt Millen would just fucking die already.

Edit - Just kidding. Well, not so much about Millen.

We got them. The defense made big plays when they needed it. Thank fucking god, I nearly had a heart attack. Fuck, I god damn near have a heart attack every fucking game.

GO Lions.

So, VP, how are those meds working for ya? :D Can't remember the last time I saw the Lions put up 36, and I'm kicking myself for thinking the Raider D had tons of promise. At least Curry came up large, so I have a little trade bait in a couple of leagues.

I didn't get to watch the Bears/Chargers, of course, but I had to chuckle when I saw that it was LT who threw the score to Gates.

Five leagues fucking sucks. I can't be excited about anything.

Hahahaha, I know Starr, I seem bi-polar as fuck.

It's the nature of being a Lions fan. I just said to somebody "I love them, but I hate them, I can't explain it, it's a sporting fan conundrum that only die-hards can truly understand".

Or maybe it's more of the nature of being a Lions fan. We love the team to death, it's just so frustrating to see them give up leads because you think "typical fucking Lions". But when they get the job done, you're smitten, you feel good that they came through and all you can think of are the positives.

If I were a New England fan, I'd probably feel less frustrated by a loss of a lead and say "Ok guys, let's adjust and take this game back" where as being a Detroit fan I think "FUCK, NOT AGAIN!!!!".

I'll discuss the game a bit here. The passing offense is as potent as anybody could have expected, Calvin Johnson looks fucking great. Jon Kitna had two picks, but one wasn't his fault, one was because Roy Williams dropped an easy pass that turned into an INT. Roy is excellent, but he drops too many fucking passes for a near elite WR. The running game wasn't perfect, but it was solid for the amount of carries it was given. That's just the nature of a Mike Martz offense. Shaun McDonald is looking to be a nice little pick up, and Mike Furrey picked up where he left off last week. The offensive line played well, despite George Foster's three false starts (rectify that George or find yourself on the bench).

The defense did the job as well. Ok, they did give up three touchdowns in the second half, and McCown and co. had pretty big numbers. Why am I pleased with the defense? Because they made big plays when they needed to. The defense line got pretty good pressure on McCown for most of the game, and as I said, they didn't fold like an accordion at the most absolute crucial time.

All in all, I'm pleased.

Edited by VerbalPuke

Hahahaha, I know Starr, I seem bi-polar as fuck.

It's the nature of being a Lions fan. I just said to somebody "I love them, but I hate them, I can't explain it, it's a sporting fan conundrum that only die-hards can truly understand".

Or maybe it's more of the nature of being a Lions fan. We love the team to death, it's just so frustrating to see them give up leads because you think "typical fucking Lions". But when they get the job done, you're smitten, you feel good that they came through and all you can think of are the positives.

If I were a New England fan, I'd probably feel less frustrated by a loss of a lead and say "Ok guys, let's adjust and take this game back" where as being a Detroit fan I think "FUCK, NOT AGAIN!!!!".

I'll discuss the game a bit here. The passing offense is as potent as anybody could have expected, Calvin Johnson looks fucking great. Jon Kitna had two picks, but one wasn't his fault, one was because Roy Williams dropped an easy pass that turned into an INT. Roy is excellent, but he drops too many fucking passes for a near elite WR. The running game wasn't perfect, but it was solid for the amount of carries it was given. That's just the nature of a Mike Martz offense. Shaun McDonald is looking to be a nice little pick up, and Mike Furrey picked up where he left off last week. The offensive line played well, despite George Foster's three false starts (rectify that George or find yourself on the bench).

The defense did the job as well. Ok, they did give up three touchdowns in the second half, and McCown and co. had pretty big numbers. Why am I pleased with the defense? Because they made big plays when they needed to. The defense line got pretty good pressure on McCown for most of the game, and as I said, they didn't fold like an accordion at the most absolute crucial time.

All in all, I'm pleased.

Edited by jase12881

Let me tell you something Jase, forget the whole "It was just the Raiders" mentality and enjoy the win. Beating the teams that you should beat is a step in becoming a decent team. Let's also not forget that this was a west coast road victory in a largely hostile environment, that's definitely positive considering our road history with Millen. I understand what you're getting at though.

Looking at our upcoming schedule, I think we have a good shot at going 3-1 in those games with Chicago, Philly, Minnesota, and Washington on the radar. Chicago is the only team on that list that I can really say "Wow, they could really dominate us". None of the other teams impress me all that much. Though their fans probably feel the same when they see the Lions on their radar.

Edited by VerbalPuke

A very nice 34-7 drubbing of the lowly Cleveland Browns. Ben looked good, he still has a little work to do, but he's much further along than he was following his accident last season.

The Steelers still have some questions on offense and their defense, if they can continue to get pressure with just a four man rush should be pretty formidable as the year goes on. I'm loving the state of the team in the Tomlin Era thus far.

Let me tell you something Jase, forget the whole "It was just the Raiders" mentality and enjoy the win. Beating the teams that you should beat is a step in becoming a decent team. Let's also not forget that this was a west coast road victory in a largely hostile environment, that's definitely positive considering our road history with Millen. I understand what you're getting at though.

Looking at our upcoming schedule, I think we have a good shot at going 3-1 in those games with Chicago, Philly, Minnesota, and Washington on the radar. Chicago is the only team on that list that I can really say "Wow, they could really dominate us". None of the other teams impress me all that much. Though their fans probably feel the same when they see the Lions on their radar.

The Bears O-Line was average in pass protection but they didn't open up hardly any holes at all in the running game. We really need them to step it up if we expect to compete with the best. Well, that and we need to hold onto the fucking ball.

I don't think Neal did that on purpose. He's always been one of the most respectful players in the league. The offensive line did alright, outside of the sacks they didn't do too bad in protection, Rex had time to move up in the pocket. The Chargers secondary just had good coverage where there were no places to throw the ball.

I'm laughing at everyone who picked the Giants. They're looking as bad as last year, and losing Jacobs only makes them worse. Cowboys look great minus Terry Glenn, so I've got some high hopes when he returns.