Official NFL 2007 Thread

ACCBiggz

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

5-0!

That was actually two 53 yarders, Nick Folk's longest in college was 52.

Even when we're horrible we still come back.

As a cowboys fan, thats was one of the most difficult games ever for me to watch. Every horrible, oh my god please make it situation in football happened to us tonight.

And they need to change that timeout right before a kick rule, its getting ridiculous. I'm not saying outlaw it, you just have to set it so the play doesn't happen after the timeout is called.

That being said, I expect to be 5-1 next week, and it pains me to say that

I don't think they can change the rule. You can't tell a coach he can't call a timeout prior to a snap and if they say he can't call it prior to a FG, what's to prevent the Offense from calling an audible into a pass play while the D is stuck in FG coverage because the coach can't call a timeout.

Okay, I'm officially sick of the 'time-out just before a kick is snapped and sent off' routine. It's legal, yes, and I understand why someone would do it, but I'm absolutely tired of the 'copy-cat' mentality.

And with that...Dallas wins. Buffalo...you just got F'd in the A.

Also, Tony Romo is one of the best interviews in the NFL.

Timeouts to ice kickers have been around for years, but a timeout at the last possible second just before a snap when you know there's no possible way to stop the kick is just wrong. On any other play the development is slow enough that they can stop it before somebody gets their shit ruined; on a kick they can't.

Cowboys have to play 100% better to even compete against The Patriots next week though. The Patriots offense completely manhandled Buffalo a few weeks ago and The Cowboys barely won against a more injured defense this week. In fact The Cowboys only won because of how bad Buffalo's offense is. I hate The Cowboys so I'm hoping for the Pats to destroy them.

Timeouts to ice kickers have been around for years, but a timeout at the last possible second just before a snap when you know there's no possible way to stop the kick is just wrong. On any other play the development is slow enough that they can stop it before somebody gets their shit ruined; on a kick they can't.

I have no problem with icing the kicker before the snap is off. One of my main issues with what we have going here, however, is the added potential for injuries that comes with having to run another play. Nobody seems to bring this up, they just want to make the call seem like mind games. In part, it is, but it needs to be changed and hopefully will come season's end.

I just can't help but imagine this will be all the rage for coaches in any of the close playoff games =/

They're a good team, especially for the NFC, but in any of the AFC divisions, except, maybe, the AFC West (where, honestly, the only two decent teams are San Diego and... wait for it... Oakland (that running game is legit)), they'd be a wildcard team.

Romo is GOING to be a very, very good QB, not elite, but a Carson Palmer type, but he isn't there yet.

Guy I know is a Dallas fan. And I'm just gonna copy this from his Facebook status update.

** is happy the Cowboys are 5-0 and are looking forward to smacking the Patriots next Sunday!!!

Since they barely scraped by the worst of the AFC East, they have no chance in hell next week. Harrison and Samuel, among others, will eat Romo alive.

I have no problem with icing the kicker before the snap is off. One of my main issues with what we have going here, however, is the added potential for injuries that comes with having to run another play. Nobody seems to bring this up, they just want to make the call seem like mind games. In part, it is, but it needs to be changed and hopefully will come season's end.

I just can't help but imagine this will be all the rage for coaches in any of the close playoff games =/

I'd like to see something along the lines of "once the center's got his hand on the ball, no timeouts, sorry."

And it's beginning to seem like Romo's got the sick habit of playing up or down to his competition. After a shitty game against Buffalo, he'll likely go completely ballistic against New England. I'm calling a combined 800 yards between him and Brady.

Oh, and fuck Dallas. :D