Official NFL 2007 Thread

ACCBiggz

For the record, I don't blame Tom Brady, or the Patriots. I would have done the same thing in the situation. Its just a shitty rule. It was clearly a fumble, and anyone who had ever played football in their life would have told you it was a fumble. Its just one of those things you know. It is the reason I dislike the Patriots though, even if I don't blame them.

Fucking hell. No one would expect Brady to go up to the refs and say "actually, you blew it, I fumbled, give the Raiders the ball," and no one in here has said he should've done. Might have been an idea to accept the fact in the post-game press conferences or something though.
Edited by Pepsi

Dragsy's right, it was more the way the Patriots acted afterwards, and then they missed the playoffs the next year but won it all again the year after and everyone was calling for a dynasty right then and there. The Patriots have been obnoxious in my opinion ever since the Raiders game where it was given to them on a silver platter and they haven't let up ever since, including their fans.

I must say, all you Lions fans have an infinite capacity for having shit shoveled down yer throats. Now, not only have they gone and canned Mike Martz, who coaxed 4000 yards out of Jon Kitna and whose offense tried valiantly to prop up the worst defense in the league, you're also going to be forced in the future to watch an offense coordinated by...Jim Colletto. The same Jim Colletto who won 21 games in six years at Purdue, only to watch Joe Tiller take his players straight into a bowl game the next season. Kippy Brown gets to be "passing game coordinator," but is it really that much of a consolation when your "offensive coordinator" is so illiterate that he needs someone else to handle the half that isn't, "duh...run up middle?"

Sorry, bad experiences. My condolences in advance to all you Lions fans for that 3-13 season coming next year.

Yep, it's already looking to be a lameduck season, and I've also heard rumblings within Detroit about Ford given Millen an ultimatum. It was something along the lines of clean up the mess this year or else. Whatever that was supposed to mean, it was a hot rumor flying around the Lions discussion boards, presumably coming from local radio networks. I haven't heard any such thing, but if it's true, then the fans are unfortunately going to be rooting against their own team.

I shudder to think how this year's draft is going to turn out, and wonder if any free agent of able mind will want to sign in Detroit.

Fucking hell. No one would expect Brady to go up to the refs and say "actually, you blew it, I fumbled, give the Raiders the ball," and no one in here has said he should've done. Might have been an idea to accept the fact in the post-game press conferences or something though.

Yes I said "So what if Tom Brady knew it was a fumble, what does it matter?" for that very same point, no one would go to the ref's and say "no it was a fumble". De said;

That would be because you have the brain power of a caveman. If you seriously believe that there's been a wrong call, anyone with even a shred of decency puts their hand up and says "actually this is how it happened".

Yes I said "So what if Tom Brady knew it was a fumble, what does it matter?" for that very same point, no one would go to the ref's and say "no it was a fumble". De said;

That would be because you have the brain power of a caveman. If you seriously believe that there's been a wrong call, anyone with even a shred of decency puts their hand up and says "actually this is how it happened".

So yes someone did say he should have said something during the game. And called me an idiot for saying what you just said.

I must say, all you Lions fans have an infinite capacity for having shit shoveled down yer throats. Now, not only have they gone and canned Mike Martz, who coaxed 4000 yards out of Jon Kitna and whose offense tried valiantly to prop up the worst defense in the league, you're also going to be forced in the future to watch an offense coordinated by...Jim Colletto. The same Jim Colletto who won 21 games in six years at Purdue, only to watch Joe Tiller take his players straight into a bowl game the next season. Kippy Brown gets to be "passing game coordinator," but is it really that much of a consolation when your "offensive coordinator" is so illiterate that he needs someone else to handle the half that isn't, "duh...run up middle?"

Sorry, bad experiences. My condolences in advance to all you Lions fans for that 3-13 season coming next year.

This is a mock draft one of my best friends made and sent to me on Myspace. He is pretty good.

1. Miami – Glenn Dorsey DT LSU

The Dolphins having glaring needs all across the board, but perhaps most important is injecting some youth into their defense. Dorsey will do this perfectly and will be a star for the next decade.

2. St. Louis – Jake Long OT Michigan

With Orlando Pace’s future in jeopardy, the Rams absolutely need a dominant tackle to protect Marc Bulger’s blind side. Not only will Long do this, but his dominance in the run game will help Steven Jackson return to top form in 2008.

3. Oakland Raiders – Darren Mcfadden RB Arkansas

This is a tough call for Oakland to make because they have so many needs to address, and running back is not one of them, but I can’t see Al Davis passing up Mcfadden’s talent.

4. Atlanta Falcons – Matt Ryan QB Boston College

Atlanta is in desperate need of a franchise quarterback, who that will be depends on the new head coach. But more likely than not, Ryan will get the nod as the draft’s top quarterback.

5. Kansas City – Ryan Clady OT Boise State

The Chief’s O-line is on a steep decline, and a dominant tackle is needed to rejuvenate Larry Johnson and the running game. I also wouldn’t be surprised to see the Chief’s consider picking up a QB here, but it seems they would be better off getting a good protector and taking a QB next year.

6. New York Jets – Chris Long DE Virginia

As the Jet’s rebuild they need to find a defensive playmaker, and they would be thrilled to get Long at the 6 spot. The draft has lots of offensive talent and they would be able to fill those needs in later rounds.

7. New England – James Laurinaitis LB Ohio State

Although Bill Belechick doesn’t like to draft linebackers, I don’t think theres any chance of him passing up Laurinaitis. After learning from guys like Teddy Bruschi and Mike Vrabel, and playing in the NFL’s best defensive system, Laurinaitis could very well have the best career of any player taken in 2008.

8. Baltimore Ravens – Andre Woodson QB Kentucky

It’s unlikely that Baltimore’s new head coach will think Troy Smith is the long term answer and the Raven’s will pick up Woodson or Brian Brohm here. If the new staff decides Smith is there guy, they could go with Desean Jackson, who would give smith an explosive target to throw to.

9. Cincinnati – Sedrick Ellis DT USC

Cincinnati might have the worst defensive front in football, and the fastest way to repair that is at the inside, and Ellis is probably the Bengal’s best value at this spot.

10. New Orleans – Malcom Jenkins CB Ohio State

The saints pass defense is embarrassingly bad, and Jenkins in their best bet to make an immediate impact and vault the Saints back into the playoffs.

11. Buffalo – Dan Connor OLB Penn State

Buffalo was hit hard with free agent losses of Taekeo Spikes and London Fletcher. Connor should be a very adequate replacement. Malcom Kelly (6‘4, 220) could be a perfect compliment to Lee Evans, that would help Trent Edwards light up the passing game.

12. Denver – Kenny Phillips S Miami

John Lynch is ancient, and Denver’s defense is filled with gaping holes. Hopefully the acquisition of Phillips will prevent opponents from rattling off so many big plays next year.

13. Carolina – Brian Brohm QB Louisville

The Panthers need help on the offensive line, but I don’t think John Fox is willing to wait any longer to address the quarterback problem, especially if Brohm falls to them.

14. Chicago – Desean Jackson WR Cal

With all the premier quarterbacks gone, Chicago could very well choose to trade down. How ever, should they acquire Donovan McNabb, they will probably have to try to find him a consistently explosive target, and no one in this draft is more explosive than Jackson.

15. Detroit – Vernon Gholston DE Ohio State

The Lions need immediate help in the secondary, but I have a hard time seeing them pass up Gholston here, especially with Rod Marinelli’s defensive line background.

16. Arizona – Keith Rivers LB USC

If the Cardinal’s are ready to take it to the next level after going 8-8 for the first time in nearly a decade, there going to need some to obtain some big physical defenders like Rivers.

17. Minnesota – Mike Jenkins CB South Florida

Good News: The great running back tandem of Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor helped keep opposing offenses off the field. Bad News: Opposing offenses were still able to shred the Vikings secondary. Jenkins will make an immediate impact in preventing this next year.

18. Houston – Sam Baker OT USC

If Houston wants Matt Schaub to Andre Woodson connections to keep happening, they’re going to need better protection. Baker would be excellent value this late.

19. Philadelphia – Calais Campbell DE Miami

With the end of Jevon Kearse’s tenure in Philly nearing, the Eagles will be looking to acquire a new pass rusher. Campbell will fit that role well.

20. Tampa Bay – Quentin Groves OLB/DE Auburn

The Buc’s defense is aging, and the addition of someone as young, explosive, and versatile as Groves could provide them with a spark.

21. Washington – Kentwan Balmer DT North Carolina

Washington’s pass rush has been pathetic all year, and the run stopping has been inconsistent, Balmer should address both those needs.

22. Dallas – Aqib Talib CB Kansas

Dallas has two first rounders, so they have a little leeway here. With Anthony Henry and Terrence Newman aging, Talib could make an excellent replacement.

23. Seattle – Malcom Kelly WR Oklahoma

Malcom Kelly’s size could be the answer to Seattle’s inconsistency in the passing game.

24. Tennessee – Limas Sweed WR Texas

Vince Young absolutely needs premier targets for the Titans to be a contender. It seems like Sweed, his old teammate, would be a nice fit here.

25. Pittsburgh – Jeff Otah OT Pitt

With Adam Faneca leaving, the Steelers have a large hole at guard. The acquisition of Otah (who is perfect for their run blocking scheme) would allow them to move Willie Norton to guard.

26. San Diego – Terrell Thomas CB USC

Imagine the damage the Chargers pass rush could do with a consistent secondary. Thomas’ speed makes him a likely candidate for the Charger’s selection.

27. New York Giants – Reggie Smith CB Oklahoma

Sam Madison and R.W. McQuarters are aging. Smith’s versatility will be a big aide to Giants secondary.

28. Jacksonville – Mario Manningham WR Michigan

How is David Northcutt the Jag’s #1 reciever when he couldn’t even get on the field in Cleveland. Manningham should be able to compliment Reggie Williams very nicely.

29. Green Bay – Frank Okam DT Texas

The Packers have a solid Defense, but you can never have enough depth on the defensive line. Okam is a nice value this late in the first round.

30. San Francisco – Early Doucet WR LSU

If the forty-niners expect Alex Smith to develop, he’s going to need some better targets. I also expect them to acquire a quarterback later in the draft, possibly Chad Henne. Doucet seems like the right pick here, considering his teammate Dwayne Bowe’s success this year.

31. Dallas – Felix Jones RB Arkansas

Having already addressed their defensive back needs, The Cowboy’s will likely pick Jones if he is available, in order to replace the likely departing Julius Jones. With T.O. and Terry Glenn aging, Adarius Bowman isn’t out of the question either.

Going off what Jstarr and jase have said:

Obviously, the Lions owner is nuts. We already know their GM is.....

I'm beginning to wonder if Matt Millen is going to keep his job until the owner sells the team or dies. Soooo glad I'm not a Lions fan, but I've always liked them somewhat, so I feel sorry for them and their fans.

I don't see Chicago drafting WR or Carolina taking a QB with their first picks. The Bears have a a great deep threat in Bernard Berrian, the always dangerous Devin Hester and the best TE combo in the league. The weapons are already there if they can grab a QB like McNabb. And I still think Jake Delhomme is a top 10 quarterback when healthy and on his game so I wouldn't be drafting QB if I was the Panthers.

3. Oakland Raiders – Darren Mcfadden RB Arkansas

This is a tough call for Oakland to make because they have so many needs to address, and running back is not one of them, but I can’t see Al Davis passing up Mcfadden’s talent.

Bahaha. The Raiders have needs more pressing than trying to shove McFadden into one of the league's better rushing attacks.

Yeah, but it's like the Lions passing up on Calvin Johnson. Even though they were loaded at WR, he was too talented. Raiders can trade away Fargas for a draft pick, and address the need there.

I don't see Chicago drafting WR or Carolina taking a QB with their first picks. The Bears have a a great deep threat in Bernard Berrian, the always dangerous Devin Hester and the best TE combo in the league. The weapons are already there if they can grab a QB like McNabb. And I still think Jake Delhomme is a top 10 quarterback when healthy and on his game so I wouldn't be drafting QB if I was the Panthers.
Edited by Disco King

Anyone who drafts a tailback in the first round is fucking stupid anyway, just look at some of the guys having monster years this year, like Ryan Grant. Selvin Young and that other one did well for the Broncos etc. although, let's be honest, anyone can run for 1200 yards behind that cutblocking bastard line.

Moore didn't play badly enough for Carolina to really want/need another quarterback. Delhomme to start, Moore at #2, they still have Carr on contract (<_<) and there will be plenty of free agents out there if the situation gets to the point where they get desperate for an established QB. I don't see Atlanta keeping all those QBs they have, Baltimore might be moving a QB or two, Anderson of Cleveland might be up for grabs...