Official NFL 2007 Thread

ACCBiggz

Ugh.

Lets establish this, we all agree the Giants will lose.

We're arguing over how horrible said loss will be.

Think about that.

Pepsi prediction please

Had Dallas won the NFC Championship, all of the non Cowboys fans would have agreed that the Cowboys would lose. Substitute Packers as well. Supposedly Dallas "played New England close" but ultimately lost by 21 at home, and yet people assume they would have been more competitive in a rematch than the Giants will be based on what exactly?

Oh okay.

Hey everyone, ignore Naiwf's posts, he's arguing with people who don't post here.

He apparently has also not yet figured out that we've already answered his questions, even though he apparently isn't asking us.

And I was mistaken, Giants made it in the 2000-2001 season.

Edited by Maxx

While I don't think it'll be a blowout loss like a lot of people want to predict, the Giants will lose. Manning won't have a horrible game like a lot want to think, he'll play well. The Pats won't be holding anything back, and their passing game will run wild. But Brady will have enough pressure put on him, and the Giants running game will do enough, that it will at least stay watchable until the end.

Your petty arguments are boring me, I'm bringing up something else.

UK viewers will likely have heard that there will indeed be a regular season game held on our pretty green island next season, thanks in no small part to Alistair Kirkwood (I think that's his name). And he had the heart to let us know that the home team will be one of the following four teams: Seattle, New Orleans Kansas City or Tampa Bay. Which means the only possible away teams are the Raiders, Chargers, Bucs, Saints, Jets or Patriots (because it's been confirmed that the game will be intra-conference). So, we get a pretty shitty game, but it's NFL and it's over here, so who cares, right? I was kind of hoping the Bears would have been considered, they're closer than most teams barring the East Coast, they're very popular over here due to the success in the 80s and they've had recent success with the Superbowl appearance.

If it is intra-conference, that means any team could go. Two teams from the AFC and two teams from the NFC, so whatever home team is selected, then it cuts it down to have the league. Granted, it does cut it more due to scheduling and everything, but it's not just those teams anyway, right?

I could be completely wrong here I guess, but that's how I read it.

It will DEFINITELY be either Tampa Bay, Kansas City, New Orleans or Seattle at home. It's also DEFINITELY going to be AFC vs. NFC, which narrows it down to the following match-ups.

Tampa Bay vs. Oakland or San Diego

Kansas City vs. New Orleans or Tampa Bay

New Orleans vs. Oakland or San Diego

Seattle vs. New England or NY Jets

I wouldn't mind any of the Seahawks home game choices or Saints home game choices. The rest are meh.

It will DEFINITELY be either Tampa Bay, Kansas City, New Orleans or Seattle at home. It's also DEFINITELY going to be AFC vs. NFC, which narrows it down to the following match-ups.

Tampa Bay vs. Oakland or San Diego

Kansas City vs. New Orleans or Tampa Bay

New Orleans vs. Oakland or San Diego

Seattle vs. New England or NY Jets

I wouldn't mind any of the Seahawks home game choices or Saints home game choices. The rest are meh.

The Giants are 13 or 14 point dogs. You'd make a ton if you bet on them to win outright and they did.

LMAO at the '90s Cowboys being loved. That team is similar to the Yankees in terms of how much everyone outside of their fanbase hates/hated them. People seemed to have a healthy respect for the 49ers' dynasty though, so the Pats probably fall in the middle of that spectrum.

I'm totally bummed about the Brett Favre resurgence coming to an end. I would have loved to see him get one more trip to the Super Bowl, even if he lost. But oh well. Will Giants fans finally lay off Eli now that he got them to a Super Bowl or will they just hate him even more if he loses?

He'll be back next season. The Packers are the youngest team in the NFL, and with some playoff experience, they'll need him to guide them back. Aaron Rodgers won't do the trick I think. He's gonna be like the Jay Cutlers and the Alex Smiths of the world trying to fill in for great QBs.

With the 90's Cowboys, they seemed love because their fanbase was so spread out. In the case of the Patriots, its hard to find fans outside of New England or possibly the New York area, so it just seems like the rest of the country aren't fans.