Official NFL 2007 Thread

ACCBiggz

ESPN is reporting the Falcons are likely going to make Mike Smith, Defensive Coordinator of the Jaguars, their new head coach.

Horrible hire, IMO. I never feel good about defensive guys taking over teams sorely in need of offense. Apparently everyone in the league feels that Mike Smith is the defensive coordinator in name only, as Jack Del Rio handles all the defensive playcalling.

I see the Falcons looking for another head coach in two years if they go this route.

I actually think it's a fairly solid hire. It was kind of out of leftfield in my opinion but he does fit the mold of a Patriots type and since the new GM is from the Patriots organization, I guess they want to hire Smith because he's compatible with the new GM.

I don't know, it depends on who he gets around him, especially on offense and if he knows personnel, which I guess is another strong suit of his, according to ESPN about his interview.

Makes things gloomy? Yeah, supporting UCLA is so difficult, especially during basketball season. I mean, two Final Four appearances in a row, and no real reason for it not to continue? Thats tough. Don't get me started on the Lakers, either, I mean, they just suck, its not like they're not right in the thick of the top of the Western Conference or anything, and play as good a team ball as anyone. I should be so downtrodden, what with the new coaching staff UCLA has for football that is, arguably, among the best in the country. Its so hard, sometimes I wonder why I bother watching sports.

:rolleyes: