Official NFL 2007 Thread

ACCBiggz

And if you'd read Greg Easterbrook's column on ESPN.com he says that reporters have been working on these stories since Spygate first broke. They didn't time it to coincide with the Super Bowl.

Gullible is not in the dictionary either.

The NFL has said they didn't find anything on it. So believe this guy or not, it doesn't matter either way. Although you'd think if they knew the entire Rams strategy for the game The Patriots would have won by more than they did.

And if you'd read Greg Easterbrook's column on ESPN.com he says that reporters have been working on these stories since Spygate first broke. They didn't time it to coincide with the Super Bowl.

Gullible is not in the dictionary either.

So you're going to look the other way if what is being said is proven to be true?

And people wonder why Pats fans are considered obnoxious.

No because I read it and I see the word "unnamed source" and I see that it happens to come out the day before the Superbowl even though one guy says that it's just a coincidence. You read it and you see a revelation about the reason The Patriots were able to win that game even though haveing just watched it on the NFL network a few days ago I didn't see anything suspicious besides the Rams playing pretty bad on the offense side of the ball for the entire first half, nothing about The Patriots knowing what they would do in the red zone.

Yes I do wonder. Actually I consider people who hate The Patriots so much that they even have to insult the fans obnoxious, so how bout that?

Edited by Evil Chase K

Saw the list of Hall of Fame inductees this year, and I'm still trying to figure out what a lot of the voters are smoking:

I can buy Darrell Green getting in. The man easily deserves it.

Gary Zimmerman and Emmitt Thomas, okay. (Thomas was the senior committee's pick for inclusion)

But how THE FUCK do you put Fred Dean and Andre Tippett in and finally let Art Monk in on the eighth try (and frankly, I was hoping he wouldn't get in at all) but not let Richard Dent and Cris Carter in?! Carter was second on the career list in receptions and TD catches when he retired, and Dent has more career sacks and takeaways than Dean or Tippett, a lot more forced fumbles than both combined, and almost double the # of passes defended than both combined (58 career; if you combine the # passes defended both Dean and Tippett had, that's 30). Randall McDaniel, Andre Reed and Russ Grimm were among the players who didn't get in this year, also.

No. How many hundreds of players have lost hte superbowl and still showed up for the Pro Bowl? You got voted in, its a honor. Unless you're injured you should be playing in it, hence why I'll give Brady a break, but not Moss.

No. How many hundreds of players have lost hte superbowl and still showed up for the Pro Bowl? You got voted in, its a honor. Unless you're injured you should be playing in it, hence why I'll give Brady a break, but not Moss.

finally let Art Monk in on the eighth try (and frankly, I was hoping he wouldn't get in at all)

WHY ?!?

That makes no sense.

He was the first to get 900 receptions, had the single season reception record (106) when he retired, and most consecutive games with a catch. All decade team for the 80's, four SuperBowls.

Among the league's all-time top 50

Receptions: 6th (940)

Receiving yards: 11th (12,721)

Receiving TDs: 30th(tied) (68)

Yards from scrimmage: 26th

Although, I highly agree with the Andre Reed and Carter omissions being bullshit.

finally let Art Monk in on the eighth try (and frankly, I was hoping he wouldn't get in at all)

WHY ?!?

That makes no sense.

He was the first to get 900 receptions, had the single season reception record (106) when he retired, and most consecutive games with a catch. All decade team for the 80's, four SuperBowls.

Among the league's all-time top 50

Receptions: 6th (940)

Receiving yards: 11th (12,721)

Receiving TDs: 30th(tied) (68)

Yards from scrimmage: 26th

Although, I highly agree with the Andre Reed and Carter omissions being bullshit.

I saw that first post and I too am completely thrown off on WHY you didn't want Art Monk to get in? Unless you're a Dallas fan or something, but even then I would think you could appreciate what he's done (or maybe you're too young and don't have a good idea of what he accomplished, which HTTK did a good job of bringing you up to speed). Art Monk should have been voted into the Hall of Fame years ago. 'Bout damn time.

I'm sure he's crying having lost your non-existent support. Pro Bowl sucks anyways, I only ever watch the challenges they have before the game.

Oh come ON, so just because you can't take the Pro Bowl seriously means it's okay for them to back out of a game they were voted in for? I know you love the Pats, and that you support their team and take seven kinds of hell for doing so because of all the hate they get and I respect that, but you HAVE to admit that it's incredibly shallow of them to do such a thing. They were voted in because the fans wanted to see them play the game, because they wanted their talent in that game. I can promise you had the Pats won, those two would be all over the Pro Bowl game.

I get it, it was a heartbreaking loss for the Pats. There have been several heart breaking losses for other teams, too. Maybe they didn't lose a shot at 19-0, but for some of them, it might have felt just as terrible. The fact is, most players, regardless of how their season went, regardless of how the playoffs went, and regardless of how the Super Bowl went, will accept and play in the Pro Bowl game if capable because it's an honor to do so.

Brady and Moss aren't being whiny bitches by not doing this, but they are being incredibly short-sighted and definitely are not taking their loss professionally. I'm not going to shit all over them for it, but it has to be acknowledged that this was a really poor move of them to leave the Pro Bowl just because of the result for the Super Bowl.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

This was the first Super Bowl to crack the 5-million English-language viewer mark (average # of viewers) in Canada. Factor in those who watched it in French, and the number is just under 6 million. Impressive.

Its just my opinion.

I understand that, I'm just answering yours with mine. Just found out earlier that Brady actually decided not to go to Pro Bowl BEFORE the Super Bowl, which completely changes my outlook on that. Like many people though, not sure about Moss' reasoning.

However, let's say for argument's sake that the both of them no-show the Pro Bowl because of what happened at the Super Bowl. You honestly can't excuse that, it really is just unprofessional behavior and shows a complete lack of respect for the fans that obviously wanted to see them in there. I can understand respectfully declining, I can understand being injured and unable to play, but just dropping out because of the result of the Super Bowl is just unprofessional as all hell. That game is an honor for football players to be in, whether or not you choose to acknowledge its significance is moot, because there's really no arguing it. It's an honor to play there, it's an honor to be selected.

At the time, we'd assumed that, due to some of the attitudes of certain members of the Pats, both post-Super Bowl and pre-Super Bowl, that was the case. For Brady, it wasn't-- he declined beforehand, so it's understandable. For Moss, well, that's still a question unanswered.

Edited by The Mask of Norro